Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Feb 27, 2019 at 11:24 PM Post #22,336 of 33,689
Those had a bit of a following around here for a while. Would actually like to get another set myself. Fun pair of iems. Might have to swing by Winners and see what they've got.
Check Visions...errr...yeah...bad memories.
https://www.visions.ca/catalogue/category/details.aspx?categoryId=173&productId=36361&sku=HAFX103MB

In Calgary, I found these JVCs in one of two Winners, and well hidden away/out of place between some phone cases, a single specimen. I'd say it was a big coincidence...but you may have better luck in ON.

The reason why I got them is because they are reminiscent of the JVC FD01, which I would LOVE to get my hands one -- even if only for a couple of days.

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2019 at 1:48 AM Post #22,338 of 33,689
So far, I've only spent about half an hour with the KB100 and the re-cabled MH755 but I can confidently say that both are worth the time and money you'll invest.

I own both of these.. already post so many times how good they re. KB100 is my best pick at sub $50, it will become better after burn in

Feb 28, 2019 at 2:18 AM Post #22,339 of 33,689
> a beginner model IEM
Is that a cute way to say something is bad nowadays? It's $34. Let's say it's not a beginner price for Chi-FI and... why would you guys suggest it to a beginner when you have:

- Moondrop Crescent
- Sony MH755
- Blitzwolf BW-ES1
- HIFI Walker
- KZ ZSN... etc

If I were a beginner definitely I'd prefer to start w/ something better for the money.
- **** for 22€ is unbeatable IMO.
- KZ ZS7 for 33€ is also incredible.
Next step is only begins at 100€, I believe.
EXACTLY! Beginner model - What? There are lot of other options...
I'm going to counter a bit on the **** hype.

They're praised for their neutrality multiple times, but I don't think they are. They drag some normally not bassy songs towards bassy and when pieces get more crowded, that bass tends to sounds a little distorted. I've heard some medium quality recorded songs drown on the ****, amped or unamped. I also find the sound signature flattens the differences between songs a bit - songs tend to sound a bit the same. Share the same warmth, lose their original character.

Comparing with the Tin Audio T2, that one leaves more room for the original tonality of instruments and songs. It also sounds cleaner. So do the Zero Audio Carbo Tenore and Alwup C630, although the latter hands in the warmer mids to achieve just that.

The **** sounds detailed, with a lot of accents in its soundstage, but due to the slight distortions in the bass in crowded pieces, some sibilance and coloring, I wouldn't say it's a new low budget holy grail.
Thanks for a counter-strike! Always refreshing to read something opposing not just hype...

Last edited:
Feb 28, 2019 at 5:38 AM Post #22,341 of 33,689
my last purchase was QT2 a year ago, may I know what are the good stuff that are released recently that is good? Signature : balanced with bass boost ( no piercing highs )

For how much?
BQEYZ KB100 very nice balanced with a little bit bass boost for less than $50
Extra bonus : metal body, good soundstage and smoothness

Feb 28, 2019 at 10:46 AM Post #22,344 of 33,689
Feb 28, 2019 at 12:16 PM Post #22,346 of 33,689
Amen! Rose North Forest was the first one that came to mind. I'm aware that quite a few members who received loved them; but mine were absolutely atrocious not solved by numerous tip change or tons of hours of "burn-in".
Same here - absolutely THE WORST chi-fi hype train I have ever jumped on...

Feb 28, 2019 at 1:09 PM Post #22,349 of 33,689
I’m taking one for the team. Ordered the Crescent....not the Moondrop Crescent, but the Faaeal Cresent which is a single APET Dynamic driver configuration. $25, no reviews. I thought it might be interesting as I like the driver in the EP10 NiceHck and thought it might be similar but in a different form factor. Offered in two disgusting colors: brass and pinkish brass.

Feb 28, 2019 at 1:13 PM Post #22,350 of 33,689
I had an iem which I believed was really bad...but with growing knowledge, I like it now quite a bit: the balanced, homogeneous, well-timbred Soundmagic E10C. A great single DD: slightly warm and not too fat sounding. Well tempered bass. No irritating peaks, including that awful 3 kHz Chifi peak.

Isn't that smooth curve a beauty?

HKynEqI.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back