Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Feb 27, 2019 at 1:44 PM Post #22,321 of 33,689
My thoughts exactly. I'd easily pick the QT2, QT3, MH755, ZSN, D4 and even the old ED9 over the F300.

I'll agree wtih D4, MH755, and ZSN but the QT2 and QT3 have other problems and I cannot in good conscious say they are better then the F300. (Maybe not worse, but equally flawed in different ways).

Feb 27, 2019 at 3:14 PM Post #22,323 of 33,689
very nice, the hype is real on this one
I'm going to counter a bit on the **** hype.

They're praised for their neutrality multiple times, but I don't think they are. They drag some normally not bassy songs towards bassy and when pieces get more crowded, that bass tends to sounds a little distorted. I've heard some medium quality recorded songs drown on the ****, amped or unamped. I also find the sound signature flattens the differences between songs a bit - songs tend to sound a bit the same. Share the same warmth, lose their original character.

Comparing with the Tin Audio T2, that one leaves more room for the original tonality of instruments and songs. It also sounds cleaner. So do the Zero Audio Carbo Tenore and Alwup C630, although the latter hands in the warmer mids to achieve just that.

The **** sounds detailed, with a lot of accents in its soundstage, but due to the slight distortions in the bass in crowded pieces, some sibilance and coloring, I wouldn't say it's a new low budget holy grail.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2019 at 3:18 PM Post #22,324 of 33,689
I'm going to counter a bit on the **** hype.

They're praised for their neutrality multiple times, but I don't think they are. They drag some normally not bassy songs towards bassy and when pieces get more crowded, that bass tends to sounds a little distorted. I've heard some medium quality recorded songs drown on the ****, amped or unamped. I also find the sound signature flattens the differences between songs a bit - songs tend to sound a bit the same. Share the same warmth, lose their original character.

Comparing with the Tin Audio T2, that one leaves more room for the original tonality of instruments and songs. It also sounds cleaner. So do the Zero Audio Carbo Tenore and Alwup C630, although the latter hands in the warmer mids to achieve just that.

The **** sounds detailed, with a lot of accents in its soundstage, but due to the slight distortions in the bass in crowded pieces, some sibilance and coloring, I wouldn't say it's a new low budget holy grail.
never heard any distortions on my pair, and i boost the sub bass for fun sometimes, the woofer is very capable, it can take very large boost and stay clean and tight at all times
tin 2 has noting against the ****, lifeless bright mess

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2019 at 3:25 PM Post #22,325 of 33,689
Last edited:
Feb 27, 2019 at 3:38 PM Post #22,326 of 33,689
the worst that I've heard were KZ ED16 and EP-3. F300 are better for me.

Yeah, of course I've heard worse as well. It's just that it's a long time ago and probably nothing at this price point. I still find it strange that someone would give these a four start rating given their technical capabilities (or rather lack of them) but like I said YMMV as always. Anyway good to have e reference point when reading opinions on other gear.

Feb 27, 2019 at 4:22 PM Post #22,328 of 33,689
Can't imagine the F300 could be any worse than the Geek Wold GK3. That's probably the worst iem I've heard, and by a pretty wide margin, in a while.

I remember when that hype train was full steam ahead. Like many invariably do, it fell off the rails.

DA294012-4AC1-4F38-98A5-09F7578A99D4.gif

Feb 27, 2019 at 4:32 PM Post #22,329 of 33,689
I remember when that hype train was full steam ahead. Like many invariably do, it fell off the rails.

That train fell off real quick thankfully. They do have some merits, like the design and build, but they're bottom of the barrel compared to most in the segment when it comes to sound. The only things I can think of offhand that were worse, and they were a lot worse, were the Ty Hi-Z F300M and F32MT ear buds. Those two were god awful...

Feb 27, 2019 at 4:48 PM Post #22,330 of 33,689
That train fell off real quick thankfully. They do have some merits, like the design and build, but they're bottom of the barrel compared to most in the segment when it comes to sound. The only things I can think of offhand that were worse, and they were a lot worse, were the Ty Hi-Z F300M and F32MT ear buds. Those two were god awful...

Luckily I avoided many of the hype-trains-gone-wrong. I’d say my worst were the KZ LP3, JBMMJ MJ9013, and a few QKZ models.

Is there a “worst of” thread anywhere? We have so many of these “best of” threads, it would be nice to kick back and double face palm some of our worst gear purchases...

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2019 at 5:03 PM Post #22,332 of 33,689
Oh! Are we doing worst earphones? Awesome.

I JUST bought the Nisheng 3D - one of the most sold AliExpress earphones. Three dollar. For fun. To see what they're like.

0A1CCD47-EC23-4070-8CC2-4C0F0A527D0F.jpeg

Review: Earpods are better.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2019 at 9:13 PM Post #22,333 of 33,689
- **** for 22€ is unbeatable IMO.
- KZ ZS7 for 33€ is also incredible.

Next step is only begins at 100€, I believe.

My thoughts exactly. I'd easily pick the QT2, QT3, MH755, ZSN, D4 and even the old ED9 over the F300.

Luckily I avoided many of the hype-trains-gone-wrong.

So far, I've only spent about half an hour with the KB100 and the re-cabled MH755 but I can confidently say that both are worth the time and money you'll invest.

20190227_121211.jpg

20190227_122523-1.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back