Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Feb 8, 2019 at 3:53 PM Post #21,946 of 33,689
I asked @Hawaiibadboy to share his PMV crescent measurement to see if something was totally wrong with mine and yea, his FR graph doesn’t look anything like mine at all using same mic. Mine is completely missing mids and lower treble. Both channels. Maybe I got a new person working on the unit I got and it’s wired wrong.

Feb 8, 2019 at 4:12 PM Post #21,947 of 33,689
My T2 lacking the T3's 7-9 kHz double spike saves me micropore tape...oops, that should have been my reply to crabdog...graph linked from primeaudio.org.

Tin-Audio-T3-vs-Tin-Audio-T2.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2019 at 4:24 PM Post #21,949 of 33,689
So I ordered a couple pair of Sony MH755 iems and they sound great. I like them more with Symbio W Peel tips as the stock ones roll off the treble a bit. The stock tips are great, just have a warmer, softer presentation. First impressions, compared to my D4's, the Sony are more warm, a tad more laid back and just a little more full in the mids. The D4 have a more sharper presentation across the spectrum. The treble presence is also more prominent. My D4 are modded with Micropore tape on the front ports with just the smallest hole opened in the tape. Without the hole, my D4 drivers were popping/crackling because there wasn't enough air flow. The bass was over the top too without the hole.

The details seem on par where the D4 throws them at you more but the Sony has detail but it's more reserved.

Biggest gripe with the Sony so far is what the hell were they selling these for? The cable is about 20" on the left side and 27" on the right side. They are great if my player sits in a pocket on the left side of my chest but other than that, I'm hosed. If I intend to use them more, they are going to need a cable mod.

Has anyone seen a post or directions on modding the Sony MH755 cables?

Feb 8, 2019 at 4:27 PM Post #21,950 of 33,689
RE: "transparency, speed and soundstage"

Anyone who's had the pleasure of hearing and comparing the BQEYZ K2 with the KC2 can experience in real time how even the slightest variation of bass (particularly mid-bass) can have an effect on clarity and transparency.

Also, add speed to the bass, not just reduce quantity...which you probably did...

Feb 8, 2019 at 4:28 PM Post #21,951 of 33,689
So I ordered a couple pair of Sony MH755 iems and they sound great. I like them more with Symbio W Peel tips as the stock ones roll off the treble a bit. The stock tips are great, just have a warmer, softer presentation. First impressions, compared to my D4's, the Sony are more warm, a tad more laid back and just a little more full in the mids. The D4 have a more sharper presentation across the spectrum. The treble presence is also more prominent. My D4 are modded with Micropore tape on the front ports with just the smallest hole opened in the tape. Without the hole, my D4 drivers were popping/crackling because there wasn't enough air flow. The bass was over the top too without the hole.

The details seem on par where the D4 throws them at you more but the Sony has detail but it's more reserved.

Biggest gripe with the Sony so far is what the hell were they selling these for? The cable is about 20" on the left side and 27" on the right side. They are great if my player sits in a pocket on the left side of my chest but other than that, I'm hosed. If I intend to use them more, they are going to need a cable mod.

The cable is like that because they were originally bundled with a Bluetooth receiver that you clip to your shirt. 1 side is longer because that side is designed to go behind your head (called a J cable).

BTW, to improve the sound even more, peel up the nozzle filter and remove the foam plug that’s stuck down inside the nozzle.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2019 at 5:05 PM Post #21,952 of 33,689
BTW, to improve the sound even more, peel up the nozzle filter and remove the foam plug that’s stuck down inside the nozzle.

Wouldn't that make them brighter? I don't want them brighter. I have never wished anything had more treble.

Feb 8, 2019 at 5:49 PM Post #21,953 of 33,689
Wouldn't that make them brighter? I don't want them brighter. I have never wished anything had more treble.

No, it removes veil and also some bass bloat. Makes the bass tighter, and the whole IEM gets a bump in clarity.

Removing the nylon fabric nozzle filter altogether (or replacing it with a stainless steel mesh type) makes it too bright and grainy.

So the magic formula is removing the foam plug and keeping the stock fabric filter.

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2019 at 6:41 PM Post #21,954 of 33,689
No, it removes veil and also some bass bloat. Makes the bass tighter, and the whole IEM gets a bump in clarity.

Removing the nylon fabric nozzle filter altogether (or replacing it with a stainless steel mesh type) makes it too bright and grainy.

So the magic formula is removing the foam plug and keeping the stock fabric filter.

I am not aware of a veil...nor bloat. Maybe they just fit me correctly or maybe I don't listen for flaws.

Feb 8, 2019 at 7:43 PM Post #21,955 of 33,689

https://www.reddit.com/r/inearfidelity/comments/ag3tey/mh755_mmcx_mod_guide_credit_g_anon/

Feb 8, 2019 at 10:07 PM Post #21,958 of 33,689

they are originally being bundled with small bluetooth dongle (SBH20) that's why it has a short cable. it's a perfect match for my ES100 though

Feb 8, 2019 at 10:22 PM Post #21,959 of 33,689
I am not aware of a veil...nor bloat. Maybe they just fit me correctly or maybe I don't listen for flaws.

It’s not something that really sticks out as a flaw (in stock form). They sound great stock.

But then after you remove the foam, it’s like “oh wow, those sound clearer now; I like them even more now.”

Kind of how most people can drive their cars with a slightly dirty windscreen. It doesn’t really bother most people, because technically, they can see through it well enough to drive.

But then after you get your car washed and the windscreen is squeaky clean, you’re like ‘oh wow, I can see everything crystal clear now; there’s nothing better than a nice clean windscreen’.

But hey, to each his own. Some people like driving with a dirty windscreen, and there’s nothing wrong with that. Me, I like my windscreen to be as clean and clear as possible. Same with my headphones.

Here’s what some others have said about it:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/bes...reference-list.805930/page-1068#post-14760261

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chi...hones-and-iems.820747/page-1443#post-14738805

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/chi...hones-and-iems.820747/page-1445#post-14742535

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2019 at 10:47 PM Post #21,960 of 33,689

Where did you buy them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back