Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Feb 8, 2019 at 7:48 AM Post #21,917 of 33,689
So someone answer me this...

1. T2 Pro has the exact same bass as T2, and additional treble from about 5k to around 10k (graph courtesy of antdroid):

And T3 has the exact same bass as T2, and additional treble from about 5k to around 10k (graph courtesy of crabdog):

Then what exactly are we buying?

T3 seems to be effectively a T2 Pro with a real nice cable (but in a different shell and adding a Knowles BA).
The BA has a more even treble that brings extra clarity and articulation without the shrillness of the T2 Pro. It is a brighter sound and won't suit the treble-sensitive but I think many people will enjoy it.

Feb 8, 2019 at 7:59 AM Post #21,918 of 33,689
we are buying the t2 with more treble in the 5-9khz region and no upper treble

The BA has a more even treble that brings extra clarity and articulation without the shrillness of the T2 Pro. It is a brighter sound and won't suit the treble-sensitive but I think many people will enjoy it.

That’s fair.

I hope the people that bought one do enjoy it. If not for anything else other than the upgraded cable.

Me personally, I thought the treble in the T2 was perfectly fine. It was the low end that could have used some tweaking, not the treble. So I’m going to stay off the hype train at this time.

But like I said, I’m sure the T3 will be liked by people. There certainly are a lot of them being sold at the moment.

Feb 8, 2019 at 8:00 AM Post #21,919 of 33,689
What I`m interested in about - how well CCA C16 can actually stand up against KP and how it compares to T3. Wish to see FR graphs from same measuring gear... hopefully we get it soon.

Feb 8, 2019 at 8:04 AM Post #21,921 of 33,689
T2 = nice balance, need more soundstage
T2 pro = nice balance, add treble, give bigger soundstage, but too much treble, became too bright for some people
T3 = same bass-mid, add treble but not as much as T2 pro, made it bigger soundstage.

T3 = more refinement of T2s, difficult to sell? borrow Knowles big name on it. tadaa!

IMHO, for people who doesnt have T2s, can straight away buy T3, i believe its very good considering its price. For people who already own T2 or T2 pro, its not much upgrades. just slight refinement , maybe Knowles BA adding more clarity a bit.

I guess ill pass,since @antdroid said Kanas Pro also crush this.

Feb 8, 2019 at 8:17 AM Post #21,922 of 33,689
That’s fair.

I hope the people that bought one do enjoy it. If not for anything else other than the upgraded cable.

Me personally, I thought the treble in the T2 was perfectly fine. It was the low end that could have used some tweaking, not the treble. So I’m going to stay off the hype train at this time.

But like I said, I’m sure the T3 will be liked by people. There certainly are a lot of them being sold at the moment.
The thing is, the T2 is praised for its transparency, speed and soundstage. If you added more bass, those qualities would be diminished and likely transform it into just another vanilla budget IEM.

Feb 8, 2019 at 8:36 AM Post #21,923 of 33,689
The thing is, the T2 is praised for its transparency, speed and soundstage. If you added more bass, those qualities would be diminished and likely transform it into just another vanilla budget IEM.

Good point. I guess that’s why taping the vent hole on the T2 ruins what makes the T2 so good.

IMHO, for people who doesnt have T2s, can straight away buy T3, i believe its very good considering its price. For people who already own T2 or T2 pro, its not much upgrades. just slight refinement , maybe Knowles BA adding more clarity a bit.

I think this is a solid argument in favor for getting the T3.

T3 = more refinement of T2s, difficult to sell? borrow Knowles big name on it. tadaa!

Haha, true dat!

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2019 at 8:36 AM Post #21,924 of 33,689

Good textured sub bass that doesnt bleed to midbass, so mid stays clear, just additional sub bass, like stand alone sub bass, not muddy bass that bleeds to midbass or worse, lower mid

KZ ZSN is good example of this kind of bass (cheap and good)

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2019 at 8:41 AM Post #21,926 of 33,689
Good textured sub bass that doesnt bleed to midbass, so mid stays clear, just additional sub bass, like stand alone sub bass, not muddy bass that bleeds to midbass or worse, lower mid

KZ ZSN is good example of this kind of bass (cheap and good)

That's what the T3 does.

Feb 8, 2019 at 8:42 AM Post #21,927 of 33,689
Yeah, if only the sub bass is boosted there will be no spilling into the mids, the KP is a perfect example of that

If that’s the case, I might just have to check the KP out!

Feb 8, 2019 at 8:51 AM Post #21,928 of 33,689
If that’s the case, I might just have to check the KP out!
You will be pleased if You like your half-modded IT01 :wink: But wait for sales. I got them for ~126€ and they even passed customs without any extra cost ;P
Or buy from aftermarket used one...

Feb 8, 2019 at 8:57 AM Post #21,929 of 33,689
That’s fair.

I'm the opposite, i think the bass on the T2 is fine, but the treble is a bit splashy. that's why I'll definitely gonna buy the T3

Feb 8, 2019 at 10:43 AM Post #21,930 of 33,689
No idea which thread to post this in so I'll post it here:

Ok, so I measured the T3 on EARS and Dayton and the compensated curve looks close enough so I’ll just post the EARS Diffuse Field target vs the T2 and T2 Pro shown below:

(Diffuse Field based on Etymotics ER4SR -- straight line = considered DF neutral)

Fit:

A little weird since they want you to wear it over-ears now with the cable type. Stock foams dont work for me. Works fine with SpinFit CP145 or the blue/red foamies I have that many people have shown photos of.

Sound & Music:

This is a real-time rambling for 30 minutes of listening. No burn-in, if you believe in that. Just straight out of my Monolith THX-AAA amp using stock cable.

I think if you like the signature of the T2, you’ll like the T3. It drops the treble and the bass response seems more apparent and fuller given the lower treble response. In general, they sound similar enough except for the lower treble, which is now controlled by a BA and not the DD.

It’s still a brighter IEM, but not as bright as the T2 Pro.

Some sibilance in “Teardrop” and Liz Fraser vocals in the massive attack song. Bass sounds much better than T2/Pro.

“Unfinished Symphony” - the intro hits hard now with better rumble.

“You and Tequila” - Kenny Chesney’s voice sounds really nice. More fuller than previous iterations. Guitars sound slightly harsh but doesnt bother me too much. (see CL2 for what bothers me)

“Miles Away” - Krysta Nicks - strings sound nice and detailed. Voice is a little harsh and a tad sibilant.

“Pearl Lakes” - U137 - Sounds good to me. No vocals, so no sibilance/harsh vocal issues. Fuller sound than previous.
You can reduce treble in two ways:

1. Tape 80-90% over the nozzle with 3M micropore tape.
2. Remove the grille with a needle, tape completely over with 3M micropore tape, then poke a hole near the edge.

How do the T2 and T3 compare in terms of timbre? Does the T2 sound more natural because to its second DD?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back