Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jan 26, 2019 at 7:10 PM Post #21,661 of 33,689
I'm curious about trying CCA C10 seeing all the positive feedback here. Are they good for psybient/downtempo trance music? I love deep, punchy bass and cannot tolerate sibilance or piercing highs. Also, anyone tried them with TRN BT20?
Hi, I listen to a lot of psychill / psydub / downtempo with the BT20 and a variety of KZ's. While I don't have the CCA's or ZS7, I do have ZS5v1, ZS6, ZS10 and enjoy a similar signature. When I tried the AS10, I was worried that balanced armature bass wouldn't hit with enough authority for the bass heavy genres I prefer... Boy was I wrong! The AS10 now sees the others lying unused as the crispness of the sound, the more prominent (for KZ) mids, and the speed and clarity of the bass are a big step forward to my ears. Going back to the dynamic bass seems bloated afterwards, and all the iems listed above sound hollowed out in the mids in comparison afterwards to me. Addicted to the ba sound now! I am a little tempted by the ZS7 but reviews so far make me unsure... I'd really strongly recommend the AS10 as an excellent partner for the BT20 and your chosen genres though.

Jan 26, 2019 at 8:17 PM Post #21,662 of 33,689
Jan 26, 2019 at 10:28 PM Post #21,663 of 33,689
To be honest, some sparkle in the treble is great, and I prefer a slighltly larger soundstage :)

But your argument is fairly good, and I do agree that even AS10 can be a tad shouty and a bit boomy, although you should try to measure spectral decay as well, it would show why the bass is boomy quite well :)
Consider my writeup as a crude model. And even a bad model is better than no model. So, it is a useful discussion basis.

Jan 27, 2019 at 12:51 AM Post #21,666 of 33,689
1. stock (foam and black filter).
2. foam removed, but WITH black filter
3. foam removed AND black filter removed
Ok, I was not expecting how much all of these changes make a difference. Sony really tweaked these, not to mention there was some changes measured after use as well.

Brief comments:
1) My first measurement was brand new and it matched the harman curve pretty damn well.
2) After some use, not a ton of hours, but 6-7khz came up. I am not sure if something changed with my measuring technique or if this was real break-in captured. My other MH755 did the same thing.
3) As Slater mentioned, the black mesh screen really makes a huge difference. I would not remove it, way too peaky. I would love to get this mesh for some other earphones.Micropore has a similar effect, but damn Sony's material is clearly a winner. magical almost.
4)The foam plug helps widen the lower treble boost extending it across more frequencies.

upload_2019-1-26_23-49-19.png

upload_2019-1-26_23-49-41.png

Please try that mod with the LG QuadBeat 3 and you'll be surprised how those mere foams affect the bass. :grin:

Wish I could, I came in a little late to the party and missed the LG Quadbeat 3 by a few years. I even owned an LG V10 but in the US they didn't come with earphones. :frowning2:

Attachments

• upload_2019-1-26_23-38-51.png
    upload_2019-1-26_23-38-51.png
    50.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 27, 2019 at 1:19 AM Post #21,667 of 33,689
Anyone else order the CCA C16? Anyone here receive it yet and give us some impressions? Mine are on the way...

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32967...d=2551amp-0ekZQiRbHurXBm-SKRNzNA1548566967638

Sorry about the lack of link shortener, but someone has posted photos in the feedback section on the page, it can't be much longer now before more people start receiving theirs. I would have preferred a clear or translucent shell, I feel the blue acrylic looks cheap.

Jan 27, 2019 at 1:24 AM Post #21,668 of 33,689
Ok, I was not expecting how much all of these changes make a difference. Sony really tweaked these, not to mention there was some changes measured after use as well.

Brief comments:
1) My first measurement was brand new and it matched the harman curve pretty damn well.
2) After some use, not a ton of hours, but 6-7khz came up. I am not sure if something changed with my measuring technique or if this was real break-in captured. My other MH755 did the same thing.
3) As Slater mentioned, the black mesh screen really makes a huge difference. I would not remove it, way too peaky. I would love to get this mesh for some other earphones.Micropore has a similar effect, but damn Sony's material is clearly a winner. magical almost.
4)The foam plug helps widen the lower treble boost extending it across more frequencies.

Thanks so much for testing this out.

I too would love to get some of the black mesh. You're right - whatever material they are using is A-OK! Much better than the red stuff KZ uses on a lot of their stuff.

The graphs are a little hard to follow (for me anyways). From what you wrote in #4, I are you saying the bottom line is the foam helps treble extension and presence?

Jan 27, 2019 at 2:12 AM Post #21,669 of 33,689
Thanks so much for testing this out.

I too would love to get some of the black mesh. You're right - whatever material they are using is A-OK! Much better than the red stuff KZ uses on a lot of their stuff.

The graphs are a little hard to follow (for me anyways). From what you wrote in #4, I are you saying the bottom line is the foam helps treble extension and presence?

What I thought originally was the foam made the treble boost wider in bandwidth (2.8Khz-7Khz vs 3Khz-6.8Khz), but now I think something else is going on. Just having a little trouble with getting consistent measurements in the treble region. I messed with my vinyl coupler and it shifted some stuff and how it lines up I think now. All my measurements show the treble boost bandwidth now peaking at 3Khz instead of 2.8Khz. This is even with my untouched MH755, so a little disclaimer there. Goes to show how easily something can be tweaked by accident.

So foam removal doesn't seem to have as much as an effect on FR, as does the mesh. It does make a big difference when the mesh is also removed. My legend on the graph indicates + if installed, and - if removed. If you prefer the sound with the foam removed, stick with it.

EDIT: Here are 3 graphs lined up at 1kHz and then I zoomed into the treble region. Orange was before mods, red was back to stock, and green was back to stock but pushed further into my vinyl tube coupler. Insertion consistency is user error on my part, but maybe this is a learning experience to show insertion depth into real ears can affect what is perceived by different users.

upload_2019-1-27_1-19-57.png

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2019 at 4:56 AM Post #21,670 of 33,689
More thoughts on the ****:
∆ Three dimensional soundstage
∆ Wonderful open midrange and treble
∆ No crossover artefacts
∆ Superb transient attack
∆ Amazing reproduction of harmonics in violins, cellos and pianos
∆ Linear bass response from sub bass all the way to the mids
At £18 GBP these are an incredible bargain, with good build quality and detachable cables as well. The unique combination of three different driver types is a total success.
They are my present joint favourite along with the C10.
Which one has bigger and better soundstage **** or c10?

Jan 27, 2019 at 5:42 AM Post #21,671 of 33,689
The **** has the better soundstage. The C10 is big and bold and grabs you by the lapels but the **** lays the music out in front of you and around you. They are both well balanced though. They're both superb IEMs.

Jan 27, 2019 at 8:44 AM Post #21,672 of 33,689
Those with the **** try this piece, it shows off what it can do:

David Wahler, Reverie by Debussy

Jan 27, 2019 at 9:12 AM Post #21,673 of 33,689
Jan 27, 2019 at 11:02 AM Post #21,674 of 33,689
They both have big soundstage...

**** has a wide soundstage with nice depth to it with beautiful and incredible accuracy for a superb listening experience.

C10 has a holographic type of soundstage -wide, depth, height, and front stage all thrown at you for an exceptional premium experience.

They are both excellent picks and like them both equally!

:point_right: Sorry, I can't help you decide which one has the bigger and better soundstage overall! :sweat:

Jan 27, 2019 at 11:50 AM Post #21,675 of 33,689
They both have big soundstage...

**** has a wide soundstage with nice depth to it with beautiful and incredible accuracy for a superb listening experience.

C10 has a holographic type of soundstage -wide, depth, height, and front stage all thrown at you for an exceptional premium experience.

They are both excellent picks and like them both equally!

:point_right: Sorry, I can't help you decide which one has the bigger and better soundstage overall! :sweat:
I feel the same as you. I just think the **** has a more realistic soundstage, especially for classical music. The C10's soundstage is in Technicolor!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back