Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Feb 8, 2019 at 11:09 PM Post #21,961 of 33,689
My Tin Audio T3 review just went live. To be honest, I wasn't expecting it to be this good. Enjoy :wink:
https://primeaudio.org/tin-audio-t3-review/

If you already own the T2, is it a worthy upgrade? Or are the differences not enough to justify the investment? I am curious about them, but I also think that they might be to similar to the T2 to justify a $60 investment ($70 if I go with Amazon).

Last edited:
Feb 8, 2019 at 11:29 PM Post #21,962 of 33,689
If you already own the T2, is it a worthy upgrade? Or are the differences not enough to justify the investment? I am curious about them, but I also think that they might be to similar to the T2 to justify a $60 investment ($70 if I go with Amazon).
It depends how badly you want the cable. :p On a serious note, they most definitely share the same DNA but the T3 is a step up. I would suggest you wait a few days and see what other people who have both are saying.

Feb 8, 2019 at 11:53 PM Post #21,963 of 33,689
@crabdog do you think that extra 1mm of length on the nozzle helps keep the tips on? My T2 had a tendency to leave the tips in my ears because the nozzle was so short but wide. Does the bass still have what I call the Sennheiser style bass? Textured and tight where the sub- bass is heard but not felt, just kind of in the background?

At first glance, it seems as though the Tin Audio T3’s metal housings are identical to the T2 and they very nearly are. However, the barrel of the T3 is just slightly (approx 1mm) longer/

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2019 at 12:01 AM Post #21,964 of 33,689
@crabdog do you think that extra 1mm of length on the nozzle helps keep the tips on? My T2 had a tendency to leave the tips in my ears because the nozzle was so short but wide.
The nozzles are exactly the same on both - it's the main body of the housing that is longer. I've never had a tip come off the T2 or T3 and have tried several different types. At least you must be getting a really good seal! I would suggest you try a different type of tip if you have any. Try some Spinfits if you have them because their core is more narrow than most tips and they sit on there really tight.

Feb 9, 2019 at 6:03 AM Post #21,965 of 33,689
Yeah, if only the sub bass is boosted there will be no spilling into the mids, the KP is a perfect example of that

And original kanas is a half baked example of that lol

Feb 9, 2019 at 6:56 AM Post #21,966 of 33,689
Ikko OH1

Impressive!

15497130923044418882605128402191.jpg
20190209_094516.jpg
15497128373997352061285098244685.jpg 20190209_075534.jpg

Attachments

• 20190209_075637.jpg
    20190209_075637.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • 20190209_075534.jpg
    20190209_075534.jpg
    880.2 KB · Views: 0
Feb 9, 2019 at 7:28 AM Post #21,967 of 33,689
Ikko OH1

Impressive!

IKKO OH1 Impressions OOTB.

Typical asian signature with very impressive refinement for the price.

Bass is the star of the show, fast and revealing, good punch and depths yet incredibly controled.
Much less pronounced than regular Kanas and therefore more revealing in the overall balance. It is closer in volume to my tehnz p4 pro. It is just a little north of neutral with sub bass focus. The classic: not neutral yet natural.

Mids have a good presence and above average detail retrieval as mid bass are perfectly balanced. No obvious peaks or valleys found here.

Mid-treble transition is pronounced, just as harman curve, graphs show that they are a small hint above kanas pro. This gives the thinner feeling of the sound, the asian signature. The graphs show nothing bizarre like a giant peak or valley suddenly and my ear also don't hear it.

In the terrible expression often used to describe mids, this would be "female vocals focused"

Treble has good extension, noticed nothing to talk about it except it is correct. The BA doesn't seem to be stressed as i don't notice any shrilness.

The good sense of airyness together with the controled bass gives me a feeling of this sounding more natural than regular kanas.

Kanas has better timbre in mids and mids-treble and it is astonishing when you can benefit from it.

All in all is a impressively correct earphone, more balanced than what i expected. It has a exciting feeling.

Fit and tip is a bit picky, as you guys can see, the nozzle is very short.

Cable isn't bad as i thought, it looks good with the earphone and feel nice. I will keep it by now.

The shell is drop dead GORGEOUS.

Just occurred to me: this sounds like the BQEYZ KB1 on steroids.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2019 at 11:05 AM Post #21,968 of 33,689
IKKO OH1 Impressions OOTB.

Typical asian signature with very impressive refinement for the price.

Bass is the star of the show, fast and revealing, good punch and depths yet incredibly controled.
Much less pronounced than regular Kanas and therefore more revealing in the overall balance. It is closer in volume to my tehnz p4 pro. It is just a little north of neutral with sub bass focus. The classic: not neutral yet natural.

Mids have a good presence and above average detail retrieval as mid bass are perfectly balanced. No obvious peaks or valleys found here.

Mid-treble transition is pronounced, just as harman curve, graphs show that they are a small hint above kanas pro. This gives the thinner feeling of the sound, the asian signature. The graphs show nothing bizarre like a giant peak or valley suddenly and my ear also don't hear it.

In the terrible expression often used to describe mids, this would be "female vocals focused"

Treble has good extension, noticed nothing to talk about it except it is correct. The BA doesn't seem to be stressed as i don't notice any shrilness.

The good sense of airyness together with the controled bass gives me a feeling of this sounding more natural than regular kanas.

Kanas has better timbre in mids and mids-treble and it is astonishing when you can benefit from it.

All in all is a impressively correct earphone, more balanced than what i expected. It has a exciting feeling.

Fit and tip is a bit picky, as you guys can see, the nozzle is very short.

Cable isn't bad as i thought, it looks good with the earphone and feel nice. I will keep it by now.

The shell is drop dead GORGEOUS.

Just occurred to me: this sounds like the BQEYZ KB1 on steroids.

yep, made a review quite long time ago and agree with each single word you said above.

_DSC8819.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2019 at 1:11 PM Post #21,969 of 33,689
I am close to releasing my own blog...which will feature all my measurements. One item it will feature is a correlation of graph and sound perception (and its limitations)...which will help people in graph interpretation.

Feb 9, 2019 at 1:19 PM Post #21,970 of 33,689
I am close to releasing my own blog...which will feature all my measurements. One item it will feature is a correlation of graph and sound perception (and its limitations)...which will help people in graph interpretation.

Your cartoons of the graphs is my facorite and it's unique. Love it and looking forward to its opening!

Feb 9, 2019 at 1:25 PM Post #21,971 of 33,689

Wow your website is looking nice! Your going to put a lot of websites to shame including mine (l know mine is nowhere near as good as others but I honestly just love sharing my thoughts on gear). Good luck and I look forward to reading it.

Feb 9, 2019 at 3:18 PM Post #21,972 of 33,689
Your cartoons of the graphs is my facorite and it's unique. Love it and looking forward to its opening!
Hope to get engineering credits from my professional organization for it :).

Wow your website is looking nice! Your going to put a lot of websites to shame including mine (l know mine is nowhere near as good as others but I honestly just love sharing my thoughts on gear). Good luck and I look forward to reading it.
Nice blog...I added a link! (ignore typos and wrong English for now)

Modding.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #21,974 of 33,689
Kanas has a better timbre overall and superior resolution in mids and treble than ikko oh1.

In some songs the ikko can sound glaring and overemphasized, sometimes it gives the ilusion of more resolution. But it's a ilusion by the lower treble peak. If the song have a bad mixing the earphone doesn't forgive it.

Regular kanas for organic tonality (when your music don't have too much bass), ikko for impressively controled and snappy bass performance.
Kanas pro for both ? Haven't heard that one :/

From what i am hearing the IKKO is being kinda overlooked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back