Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 16, 2018 at 7:25 AM Post #19,861 of 33,689
I’ve had some CP145s on mine, they do fit but I don’t like them more than the stock tips. I’m using defoamed Symbios on mine.
What's good about those? I tend to have difficulties getting silicone tips to stick in my ear with whatever shape or size ... but I keep trying, because I like the somewhat more hygienic aspect of them.
i enjoy the stiffness of the Symbios (ooo- er), they’re much less squishy and suction-y than other silicones. Try the stock tips first though,

Nov 16, 2018 at 7:33 AM Post #19,862 of 33,689
どういたしまして...bittesehr:

P.S. Although I had one year of Japanese and two Japanese girlfriends (not simultaneously) in my earlier, wilder years, this was done by creating a pdf, running it through text recognition and then through Google Translate.
So what does a ‘fancy’ headphone sound like? Or is fancy referring to the looks?

This seems pretty fancy and cool to me:

Dictionaries, like kotobank.jp, say something like this on 派手: 1. Flashy, eye-catching (clothing), 2. Expressive, flashy (behaviour, e.g., crying, fighting), 3. Cheerful (behaviour). Go figure how that reveals in terms of sound.

Nov 16, 2018 at 10:11 AM Post #19,863 of 33,689
Yeah that BA10 shell is pretty awful really. I need to get my review of that one done soon but I just haven't been listening to it because of the awkward size and shape that doesn't want to stay in my ears.
From a logical standpoint is such as shell only warranted if it delivers a very special sound. But if it doesn't, then it is problematic. Quite frankly, looking at the shell was the dealbreaker already: my ears hurt in advance.

Nov 16, 2018 at 11:57 AM Post #19,864 of 33,689
MEASUREMENT RIG SETUP EXPLAINED IN SIMPLE TERMS

Member XXX from forum YYY and I are presently working on a writeup aiming to streamline the measurement setup with the Room EQ Wizard (REW) software, which we will pass on to the community as a download. Our notes will act as a simple cookbook in support of REW's help index which may be perceived as cumbersome by the novice (including me...bloody 'ell).

As a start, this is what you need:

1) A computer
2) The REW software (free download: https://www.roomeqwizard.com)
3) A USB microphone OR a calibrated measurement microphone (like this Dayton imm-6)
4) If you don’t have a USB microphone but the second kind (“Dayton”), you need an USB audio adapter such as this one between the mic and the computer’s usb port
5) Female to two male arphone mic audio Y splitter (to connect the mic with the usb audio adapter; mine came with the Soundmagic E10C earphone)
6) An external dac/amp with volume control connected to another of your computer’s usb ports (I use the Schiit Fulla but could also use the Shanling M0, for example)
7) A sound meter like this one

More later. I am presently on the "workflow". With this you cannot only check out the flavour of an earphone, no, you can also QC its channel balance, for example.

ingredients-1.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2018 at 12:19 PM Post #19,865 of 33,689
MEASUREMENT RIG SETUP EXPLAINED IN SIMPLE TERMS

Member XXX from forum YYY and I are presently working on a writeup aiming to streamline the measurement setup with the Room EQ Wizard (REW) software, which we will pass on to the community as a download. Our notes will act as a simple cookbook in support of REW's help index which may be perceived as cumbersome by the novice (including me...bloody 'ell).

As a start, this is what you need:

1) A computer
2) The REW software (free download: https://www.roomeqwizard.com)
3) A USB microphone OR a calibrated measurement microphone (like this Dayton imm-6)
4) If you don’t have a USB microphone but the second kind (“Dayton”), you need an USB audio adapter such as this one between the mic and the computer’s usb port
5) Female to two male arphone mic audio Y splitter (to connect the mic with the usb audio adapter; mine came with the Soundmagic E10C earphone)
6) An external dac/amp with volume control connected to another of your computer’s usb ports (I use the Schiit Fulla but could also use the Shanling M0, for example)
7) A sound meter like this one

More later. I am presently on the "workflow". With this you cannot only check out the flavour of an earphone, no, you can also QC its channel balance, for example.

There's some useful information there but I'm not sure if you've chosen the right thread for it. :wink:

Nov 16, 2018 at 12:25 PM Post #19,867 of 33,689
Last edited:
Nov 16, 2018 at 3:13 PM Post #19,868 of 33,689
What do y'all think is the best IEM for around $200 I am thinking about getting my first really nice pair for Christmas. I have been looking the campfire Comet the BGVP DMG, and the NICEHCK HC5. I mainly listen to rap so something with bass but it doesn't need to be over powering just well done nice mids and something a little darker so the highs are not so shrill though I don't dislike a little treble.

Nov 16, 2018 at 6:09 PM Post #19,869 of 33,689
What do y'all think is the best IEM for around $200 I am thinking about getting my first really nice pair for Christmas. I have been looking the campfire Comet the BGVP DMG, and the NICEHCK HC5. I mainly listen to rap so something with bass but it doesn't need to be over powering just well done nice mids and something a little darker so the highs are not so shrill though I don't dislike a little treble.

Instead of recommending something I don"t own or heard which is against the rules I would advise you to read on two more possible candidates: HiFi Boy OS V3 and Oriolus Finschi.

I doubt any from list would be ideal due to questionable sub-bass extension which I assume you'd want altough some would fit the quantity bill in mid-bass (DMG mainly).
I'm just speculating based on reviews, don't take my word for granted. Owners feel free to bash if I'm wrong.

Beeping @crabdog who owns both DMG and the Boy afaik and also has heard the Finschi, he can clearly explain more accurately than me.

Last edited:
Nov 16, 2018 at 7:06 PM Post #19,871 of 33,689
Nov 16, 2018 at 8:11 PM Post #19,872 of 33,689
Psa for Canadians

https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/bl...leases&affiliate_id=58025&click_id=2500293642

"The backlogs are also extending to international mail and parcels entering the country. As a result, we have been forced to advise international posts, including the United States Postal Service, that we are unable to accept incoming items until further notice. We are working to help clear backlogs at Seattle airport and LAX."

Nov 16, 2018 at 8:37 PM Post #19,873 of 33,689
Psa for Canadians

https://www.canadapost.ca/web/en/bl...leases&affiliate_id=58025&click_id=2500293642

"The backlogs are also extending to international mail and parcels entering the country. As a result, we have been forced to advise international posts, including the United States Postal Service, that we are unable to accept incoming items until further notice. We are working to help clear backlogs at Seattle airport and LAX."

Wait, so Canada isn’t accepting ANY incoming International packages?

Nov 16, 2018 at 9:10 PM Post #19,875 of 33,689

Users who are viewing this thread

Back