Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 15, 2018 at 9:10 PM Post #19,846 of 33,689
Finally, I got the MoonDrop KPE!

nDhv1ux.jpg

Definitely, KPE is something else aesthetic-wise and sound-wise.

Some things I wasn't expecting:
- The cable isn't bulkier like it looks on pictures. Actually, it's rather smooth and neat. (although I think this silver will get greenish over the time)
- The faceplate isn't flat [pic]. It kind of bends on the top forming a nice crystal look, it's hard to spot it on pictures but IRL this detail is beautiful.
- KPE is smaller than I thought so the fit is perfect to my ears.
- KPE's nozzle is bigger than I thought so I can't tip-rolling at all with my regular tips but stock ones (L) are doing a good job so far. I'm tempted to get SpinFit CP145 since it's highly recommended for this IEM.
- Extremely easy to drive.
- But... extremely annoying to store it if you like to baby your IEMs and such a fingerprint magnet.

nice get! I remember someone mentioned way back when it was released that its like a dynamic version of CA Andromeda. How would you put it?

Nov 15, 2018 at 10:14 PM Post #19,847 of 33,689
i wonder what do the legends of this graphic mean: (any Japanese around?)

97f7e229.jpg

I can't read any kanji to save my life.......

I think its warm-cool (left-right), natural-fancy (up-down), someone more versed can correct me on that

That would be me.

This is actually a Japanese version of a Chinese game.

"PingPong"

97f7e229.jpg

Finally, I got the MoonDrop KPE!

nDhv1ux.jpg

Definitely, KPE is something else aesthetic-wise and sound-wise.

Now that my friend is a beautiful in-ear.

I've been hoping (in vain, apparently) that KZ Acoustics would use this type of finish on their up-and-coming flagship IEM. Wishful thinking on my part.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2018 at 11:30 PM Post #19,848 of 33,689
Now that my friend is a beautiful in-ear.

I've been hoping (in vain, apparently) that KZ Acoustics would use this type of finish on their up-and-coming flagship IEM. Wishful thinking on my part.

I'd bet on TRN for such build quality, judging from their efforts on the TRN IM1. Might even see something outrageous for the 12BA and 16BA soon.

KZ's too mass-produced focused to go for such design/material. Their upcoming 16 driver will probably be like the AS10. Better than using the BA10-like shell, I suppose.

Nov 16, 2018 at 12:18 AM Post #19,849 of 33,689
I'd bet on TRN for such build quality, judging from their efforts on the TRN IM1. Might even see something outrageous for the 12BA and 16BA soon.

KZ's too mass-produced focused to go for such design/material. Their upcoming 16 driver will probably be like the AS10. Better than using the BA10-like shell, I suppose.
Yeah that BA10 shell is pretty awful really. I need to get my review of that one done soon but I just haven't been listening to it because of the awkward size and shape that doesn't want to stay in my ears.

Nov 16, 2018 at 3:18 AM Post #19,852 of 33,689
I know it is not on sale for 11/11 but how would you rate the SQ of the Tansio Mirai TSMR-3 in general? I mean you compared this in your review with the OS V3 but I felt by reading your review that this might be also a real good IEM in its price bracket (besides not having so much sub bass qty)

Hello! A lot of guys who have tried the TSMR-3 speak very highly of it. I have one on the way. Let's see how it stands along with the competition.

Nov 16, 2018 at 3:32 AM Post #19,854 of 33,689
Looking forward to your comparison with TSMR and DM6.
Im surprised you didnt get a pair of DM6 ... everyone seems to either have one or they are on their way.

Nov 16, 2018 at 3:36 AM Post #19,855 of 33,689
Im surprised you didnt get a pair of DM6 ... everyone seems to either have one or they are on their way.
Yeah, maybe I will be able to hear it eventually if any of the local dealers stock it.

Nov 16, 2018 at 4:23 AM Post #19,858 of 33,689
I’ve had some CP145s on mine, they do fit but I don’t like them more than the stock tips. I’m using defoamed Symbios on mine.

What's good about those? I tend to have difficulties getting silicone tips to stick in my ear with whatever shape or size ... but I keep trying, because I like the somewhat more hygienic aspect of them.

Nov 16, 2018 at 4:34 AM Post #19,859 of 33,689
Nov 16, 2018 at 4:45 AM Post #19,860 of 33,689
NICEHCK still has the 11.11 mystery bag available last night and as it was only $9.90, I caved in and bought it.... also, caved in and bought the EZAUDIO DD4 ($10.75 now, still seems like a stellar price to me) and the PHB EM-023 in green, the last of which is going to my brother most likely. :ksc75smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back