Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 1, 2018 at 12:44 PM Post #19,336 of 33,689
Hi, I decided to buy a new pair of IEM and I think my choice will be between Tin Audio T2 and Tin Audio T2 Pro.
The price difference is not a problem (10€), but some reviews scared me because of the enhanced treble on the Pro (understand the fact that I don't even know if I like or hate that, and that's why I would like to have balanced earphones). I read that it can be controlled with foam tips, but I don't think I'll ever buy and use tips other than the ones included. What do you guys suggest? Do you think that the Pros are better?

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2018 at 12:45 PM Post #19,337 of 33,689
Mine should be arriving today. Good to hear that they are fun.

I'll be interested to see your thoughts as you like a bit different signature than I do usually.

Nov 1, 2018 at 1:47 PM Post #19,338 of 33,689
Last edited:
Nov 1, 2018 at 2:19 PM Post #19,339 of 33,689
Nov 1, 2018 at 3:33 PM Post #19,340 of 33,689
How is it even possible that this is your first review? That's boggling to me. I figured, just based on your activity, that you'd have tons.

I certainly have enough gear haha. I could easily do 100+ reviews with just my own personal gear.

I guess it was a couple of reasons:

1. A lack of time. Between critical listening, A/Bing, and writing the review, I easily spent 20+ hours on that KB1 review. If I got out the DSLR and took hardcore artsy photos, took FR measurements, etc, I would have added even more hours. That’s why I took the easy way out and used stock photos (at least this time). And that’s in addition to my normal family and work ‘life’ stuff.

2. I’ve always felt the need to remain impartial and not get a reputation as a ‘sellout’. I would not be doing myself or any of you justice if I listen OOTB for 5 minutes, and bang out a vague BS ‘wag the dog’ cut and paste review in 20 minutes. I believe anything worth doing is worth doing right, and that means 110%.

What really drove me to go ahead and do it is watching some of @Hawaiibadboy’s YouTube stuff. His attitude towards reviews/reviewers, and his blatant honesty and importance of personal integrity parallels my own philosophy. Anyone who watches his stuff will know what I’m talking about. I always felt like it wasn’t possible to walk that line and do honest reviews. But now that I’ve seen he does it, and it really resonates with a lot of people, I’m like ‘this can work - it’s go time’.

3. Finally, I just felt I wasn’t confident enough to give a thorough and accurate review. I’m not a professional writer, or a professional photographer, or a professional blogger. Some of the reviewers on HeadFi are off the hook, and I am nowhere near that level. Again, sometimes we can be our own worst enemy if that makes sense.

We are all learning (which is a continuous process), but I’m kind of a perfectionist and I drive myself to be the student long before feeling like I’ve earned the right to be the teacher. I’ve been in IT for over 20+ years, and I still feel like I’ve barely scratched the surface of knowledge!

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2018 at 4:22 PM Post #19,341 of 33,689
Nov 1, 2018 at 4:31 PM Post #19,342 of 33,689
I'll be interested to see your thoughts as you like a bit different signature than I do usually.
While the box is on my table waiting to be opened, my thoughts (but not prayers) are currently with the Brainwavz B400. After a channel imbalance in the first pair, I received a second one. And this second one does not sound at all like the first one in the bass department: it has a rather boomy bass compared to the dry one in the imbalanced pair.

I therefore wonder what the bass will sound like in the third pair I will be receiving soon.

Nov 1, 2018 at 4:44 PM Post #19,343 of 33,689
I posted a review of the BQEYZ KB1 (my 1st official HeadFi review): https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/bqeyz-kb1.23401/reviews#review-21112

Lemme know what you think. I did skip the 'fancy photos' that many of you other folks take. That's something I will improve next time :)
congrats!
i find it ok, a good review. the most important thing is you have tried and crossed the barrier. that's the only way to know if you'll like how you feel when reviewing. if you feel good and keep on it, sure you'll improve at each review.

Nov 1, 2018 at 5:22 PM Post #19,344 of 33,689
I don`t know if it is right place to ask but I hope so...

Is there anyone in EU with good enough measuring gear (FR graphs used in many reviews) to measure my modded IT01 FR with tips I`m using?
I`m even willing to pay secured/tracked postage cost if not too high.

Really wish to know&see its FR graph, especially compared to unmodded IT01.

Nov 1, 2018 at 5:54 PM Post #19,345 of 33,689
Yeah, the EZ AUDIO D4 have a rather unusual signature for a cheapo. Putting them into my flappers right after the Brainwavz B400 they came as a very positive surprise: a focused, spectacularly well-dosed bass and a good sense of space with good clarity and a clean treble. I am listening to Fleetwood Mac's "Dreams" and "Go your own way" and the drums sound very natural. Nothing boomy here. "Under Pressure" by Queen/David Bowie...bassline and drums sounds just great and the whole image is very organic. Tickles my eardrums quite nicely.

These are particularly good for listening at low to moderate volumes because of their clarity. If I tried to find something "wrong" it is that the vocals could be more intimate and there could be a bit more body in the midrange [will have to do some tip rolling]. But hey...

IMG_0061.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2018 at 6:05 PM Post #19,346 of 33,689
I have been spending quite a bit of time with the Artiste DC1 and investigated other dynamic/ceramic hybrids. The Radius TW41, IMR R1, Azio Heara and the DC1 all use a similar driver assembly (13mm dynamic + 12mm ceramic), although the diaphragm material may vary. Now there's another one, the Tunai Piano which uses the same hybrid design.
I'd like to add 2 more names to your list: Intech ProStereo L2 (13+12 DD-CD, available on British Amazon) and Sound-Inn TS-PIE010

Last edited:
Nov 1, 2018 at 6:10 PM Post #19,347 of 33,689
Yeah, the EZ AUDIO D4 have a rather unusual signature for a cheapo. Putting them into my flappers right after the Brainwavz B400 they came as a very positive surprise: a focused, spectacularly well-dosed bass and a good sense of space with good clarity and a clean treble. I am listening to Fleetwood Mac's "Dreams" and "Go your own way" and the drums sound very natural. Nothing boomy here. "Under Pressure" by Queen/David Bowie...bassline and drums sounds just great and the whole image is very organic. Tickles my eardrums quite nicely.

These are particularly good for listening at low to moderate volumes because of their clarity. If I tried to find something "wrong" it is that the vocals could be more intimate and there could be a bit more body in the midrange [will have to do some tip rolling]. But hey...

The purple version of the D4 is in the cart for 11:11.

The purple/silver KZ ZSN is on the way.

Looking forward to both.

Nov 1, 2018 at 6:29 PM Post #19,348 of 33,689
Nov 1, 2018 at 6:38 PM Post #19,349 of 33,689

otto, go listen to kiln house and then reply.

Nov 1, 2018 at 6:39 PM Post #19,350 of 33,689

Sounds like we both have the same thought that no way is this an $8 earphone. The clarity and control put it pretty near the Ibasso IT01 in my book.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back