1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread

1. Slater
    Yeah, for sure. It’s just the principle of the thing has always bothered me.

HungryPanda likes this.
  2. Saoshyant
    @Slater Perhaps they’re after versatility with a tip swap

3. audio123
  4. twister6 Contributor
    Was searching for a dedicated EM3/EM5 thread to share my review, and came across EM6 Pro here :) Wasn't even aware they will have EM6 model.

But to be honest, between EM3 and EM5, I actually prefer EM3 (my personal taste, of course). Just finished and posted my detailed review of these two, with the usual analysis/comparison/pair up and a ton of pictures HERE. Will have it on head-fi soon as well.

simgot_em5_em3-00.jpg

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
    jant71, HungryPanda, peter123 and 2 others like this.
  5. 1clearhead
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
    HungryPanda, zazaboy and Slater like this.
  6. 1clearhead
    More refined overall with better cables, check out the MEMT X5s. :wink:
    Link...
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ori...03_1,ppcSwitch_5_ppcChannel&priceBeautifyAB=0

-Clear

7. 1clearhead
    ...love the look! :thumbsup:

8. Otto Motor
    It is like a horse in lingerie!

9. snip3r77
    Thank God you've awaken from the kZ loop

10. ThinkerMakerDIYer
    I'm using a Sennheiser IE800 clone, self made from shell + cable + drivers, sounds very good with my self made DAC :)

11. twister6 Contributor
    I got a number of questions after the review asking me to compare EM3 to a few other 3way hybrids, so I just updated the review (Comparison section of it, scroll toward the end) and added comparison of EM3 to Oriveti New Primacy, Hi-Fi Boy OS v3 2pin, and DUNU DN-2000J.

Bartig, peter123, HungryPanda and 2 others like this.
  12. superuser1
    Great review Alex! Thanks

13. superuser1
    the 3 BA TSMR is in the house. I am still wrapping my head around the sound. First impressions are not bad. isolation and comfort seems to be great as is the build quality. Prima facie observations.

IMG_20180608_193957.jpg

Bartig, peter123 and HungryPanda like this.
  14. Otto Motor
    Received the NiceHCK Bro for review (which is coming soon). They look like two models branded differently, sound like them, and are simply really good earphones. And their stock cable is their upgrade cable at $24 retail (I paid 10 cents).

I was not asked to give an impartial review, in fact I was not asked anything other than posting a product link. As always, I will be concise and to the point.

Yes, there is a world outside Knowledge Zenith. A world without buried vocals. A world outside hype. These do a great job on voices and natural instruments. They have a fluidity and coherence found only in more expensive earphones. Great tuning!

Their two drivers (BA + DD) harmonize well. Simple and good! Less is (often) more, Mr. ZS10.

IMG_6656.jpg

Slater and superuser1 like this.
  15. Otto Motor
    Shouldn't the earphones' internal wiring be the limiting factor?