Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jun 7, 2018 at 10:25 PM Post #15,873 of 33,689
Enjoy the review on Han Sound Aegis! :beyersmile:

https://audio123blog.wordpress.com/2018/06/08/han-sound-aegis/

photo_2018-05-31_23-53-08.jpg

Jun 7, 2018 at 11:10 PM Post #15,874 of 33,689
Probably because it is Simgot EM5 and not 05. Not sure about the excitement though. It is a middle model between the EM3 and EM6 and earlier impression from SSK said they preferred EM3 over EM5. Of course they could still have been working on them afterward and more than a couple impressions is needed for a pattern to show but I wouldn't run out and grab an EM5 just yet.
DNRRmofVQAEdYdS.jpg

DDxAM73VYAAv5kt.jpg

Was searching for a dedicated EM3/EM5 thread to share my review, and came across EM6 Pro here :) Wasn't even aware they will have EM6 model.

But to be honest, between EM3 and EM5, I actually prefer EM3 (my personal taste, of course). Just finished and posted my detailed review of these two, with the usual analysis/comparison/pair up and a ton of pictures HERE. Will have it on head-fi soon as well.

simgot_em5_em3-00.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2018 at 11:19 PM Post #15,875 of 33,689
Last edited:
Jun 7, 2018 at 11:25 PM Post #15,876 of 33,689
just got the MEMT X5 last night and listened to them this morning on the shanling M0,zishan Z3 and QNGEE X2

a nice set of earbuds
really small and sound wise very similar to the DZAT D10 with strong bass and clear vocals
I believe they were like $19.99 on Amazon
I think they sound as good if not better than most of the KZ IEMs I've bought (ATE/ATR/ZST/ZS3/ZS10/ZSR)
The KZs tend to have a boomier sound that hurts the ears after extended listening
plus the MEMT X5 are so small its like nothing in your ear versus a big hunk of styllized plastic
such a small enclosure its amazing the amount of sound they produce kind of like the what its like listening to the little M0

reminds me of the 70's-80's when i used to be Hifi fanatic and obsessed with all these micro sized high end stereo components coming out of england/europe like Linn Basik and others
More refined overall with better cables, check out the MEMT X5s. :wink:
Link...
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ori...03_1,ppcSwitch_5_ppcChannel&priceBeautifyAB=0

-Clear

Jun 7, 2018 at 11:29 PM Post #15,877 of 33,689
Was searching for a dedicated EM3/EM5 thread to share my review, and came across EM6 Pro here :) Wasn't even aware they will have EM6 model.

But to be honest, between EM3 and EM5, I actually prefer EM3 (just my personal taste of course). Just finished and posted my detailed review of these two, with the usual analysis/comparison/pair up and a ton of pictures HERE. Wil have it on head-fi soon as well.

...love the look! :thumbsup:

Jun 8, 2018 at 12:00 AM Post #15,878 of 33,689
Just out of curiosity, why would you want to take an IEM, carefully tuned to be neutral and flat, and then make it as bass heavy as possible with tips?
It is like a horse in lingerie!

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2018 at 2:23 AM Post #15,879 of 33,689
just got the MEMT X5 last night and listened to them this morning on the shanling M0,zishan Z3 and QNGEE X2

a nice set of earbuds
really small and sound wise very similar to the DZAT D10 with strong bass and clear vocals
I believe they were like $19.99 on Amazon
I think they sound as good if not better than most of the KZ IEMs I've bought (ATE/ATR/ZST/ZS3/ZS10/ZSR)
The KZs tend to have a boomier sound that hurts the ears after extended listening
plus the MEMT X5 are so small its like nothing in your ear versus a big hunk of styllized plastic
such a small enclosure its amazing the amount of sound they produce kind of like the what its like listening to the little M0

reminds me of the 70's-80's when i used to be Hifi fanatic and obsessed with all these micro sized high end stereo components coming out of england/europe like Linn Basik and others
Thank God you've awaken from the kZ loop

Jun 8, 2018 at 8:51 AM Post #15,881 of 33,689

But to be honest, between EM3 and EM5, I actually prefer EM3 (my personal taste, of course). Just finished and posted my detailed review of these two, with the usual analysis/comparison/pair up and a ton of pictures HERE. Will have it on head-fi soon as well.

I got a number of questions after the review asking me to compare EM3 to a few other 3way hybrids, so I just updated the review (Comparison section of it, scroll toward the end) and added comparison of EM3 to Oriveti New Primacy, Hi-Fi Boy OS v3 2pin, and DUNU DN-2000J.

Jun 8, 2018 at 9:43 AM Post #15,882 of 33,689
Great review Alex! Thanks

Jun 8, 2018 at 10:34 AM Post #15,883 of 33,689
the 3 BA TSMR is in the house. I am still wrapping my head around the sound. First impressions are not bad. isolation and comfort seems to be great as is the build quality. Prima facie observations.

IMG_20180608_193957.jpg

Jun 8, 2018 at 11:08 AM Post #15,884 of 33,689
Received the NiceHCK Bro for review (which is coming soon). They look like two models branded differently, sound like them, and are simply really good earphones. And their stock cable is their upgrade cable at $24 retail (I paid 10 cents).

I was not asked to give an impartial review, in fact I was not asked anything other than posting a product link. As always, I will be concise and to the point.

Yes, there is a world outside Knowledge Zenith. A world without buried vocals. A world outside hype. These do a great job on voices and natural instruments. They have a fluidity and coherence found only in more expensive earphones. Great tuning!

Their two drivers (BA + DD) harmonize well. Simple and good! Less is (often) more, Mr. ZS10.

IMG_6656.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back