1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread

1. Otto Motor
    I have both cables: the difference is in the MMCX connectors and the splitter. Other than that, it is probably the same. There is no sonic difference.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  2. Zerohour88
    Hence my statement, I made no mentions of SQ difference for the cables.

I do find it funny that one user said that an upgrade cable that is offered separately by Meizu (not a bundle) increases sound quality and suddenly its an unpleasant surprise. Have we gone full circle and the narrative is that we must condemn all slights, however imagined it is towards buyers? I definitely missed that memo.

3. Bartig
    Aaaaaaand the Etymotic HF5 is on everybody’s watchlist.

4. Saoshyant
    As I found the HF5 anemic, it doesn’t suit a lot of my music. Currently using the Rose Mini 2 as it’s replacement.

5. Otto Motor
    The HF5 must be really anemic considering the reviews of the Rose Mini 2.

1.jpg
    2.jpg

6. lmfboy01
    I got a Rose Mini2 if anyone wants! PM

7. chinmie
    usually people refer "thin" to lack of mids and/or bass, and "anemic" for lack of bass. Etys (at least the ER4XR and ER4PT that i have) most definitely sound anemic to most people. Etys are mid masters, and they are an acquired taste. not many people like it initially, and the persons that willing to stay with it a bit longer might never leave

8. Saoshyant
    I liked the Ety for classical, but sold it due to earbuds. The Mini 2’s still new to me but promising.

HungryPanda likes this.
  9. Otto Motor
    Thanks for the clarification of the terminology. I'll ask one of the Rose Mini 2 reviewers, HifiChris, how he compares them. The HF5's bass is spot on (realistic) for my taste, but yes, it may not be enough for bassheads. I speculate, the HF5 is bass wise close to Etymotic's XR models (as opposed to the ER models with less bass).

I personally rank earphones by their degree of realism in reproduction. The HF5 excel in this respect.

chinmie likes this.
  10. Otto Motor
    What music are you mainly listening to?

11. chinmie
    In terms of sound production, earbuds are closer to speaker and headphones tonally (especially the fullness of low freq and mids). Higher priced IEMs i tried will sound full in the mids and similar to earbuds.

Also higher priced IEMs and earbuds will generally have greater resolution (more noticable on mids and treble) than their cheaper counterparts.

loomisjohnson likes this.
  12. thejoker13
    Most companies don't include their upgrade cables with their iem's. Even KZ sells their upgrade separately, lol.

13. Otto Motor
    Sure, but the KZ "upgrade" cables cost $7-8 and don't sound any better. In fact, it sounds worse (quieter) on the ZSR.

In many cases, I could live with the stock cable but wished for upgrade earpieces!

Bartig likes this.
  14. Otto Motor
    TRN V60 News

"...we are really sorry for this issue, we have contacted TRN factory, and they agree to resend only the earphone(not include the cable and package)...we will resend it ASAP, please be patient to wait for the replacement, thanks..."

Hey, this fits my last post...

:kissing_heart:

kw8910 likes this.
  15. chinmie
    The entire lineup of Moondrop IEMs from cheapest to the most expensive, a nice local seller lend them to me for a couple of days. Well, not all loaners though, the bottom left is mine.. But i'm drooling to buy the Kanas Pro cable.. It opens up the regular Kanas sound nicely

20180606_123754.jpg

paulindss, rayliam80, Bartig and 3 others like this.