Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Jun 8, 2018 at 11:28 AM Post #15,886 of 33,689
Received the NiceHCK Bro for review (which is coming soon). They look like two models branded differently, sound like them, and are simply really good earphones. And their stock cable is their upgrade cable at $24 retail (I paid 10 cents).

I was not asked to give an impartial review, in fact I was not asked anything other than posting a product link. As always, I will be concise and to the point.

Yes, there is a world outside Knowledge Zenith. A world without buried vocals. A world outside hype. These do a great job on voices and natural instruments. They have a fluidity and coherence found only in more expensive earphones. Great tuning!

Their two drivers (BA + DD) harmonize well. Simple and good! Less is (often) more, Mr. ZS10.

If it's the same thing as this;

DSC01728.JPG

which seems to be the consensus, I'll stick with my other budget phones... It's certainly not bad, but offers nothing memorable or particularly redeeming imo.

Jun 8, 2018 at 11:44 AM Post #15,887 of 33,689
If it's the same thing as this;

which seems to be the consensus, I'll stick with my other budget phones... It's certainly not bad, but offers nothing memorable or particularly redeeming imo.
I have not listened to this one but another reviewer claims they are the same. From your review, I'd say they are tuned differently...which would not come as a surprise. When did you order yours? Another indication is that Nymphonomaniac's review of the Bro and yours of this one don't match that well either. He was raving about it, loomis did...does not add up.

Considering we all have our act together, we may talk apples and oranges...and for a reason.

Jun 8, 2018 at 1:04 PM Post #15,890 of 33,689
.....an absolute pity how folks take potshots at a company that strives to bring variety to the masses at everyday prices.

c507dad9944e16fb5a36eca099c81fbe76187a9b.gif

Not everything at KZ is a hit but their track record is more than acceptable for sub-$50 IEMs. They're learning. They're growing.

........and it's an affordable education for the ever increasing users of IEMs in the marketplace on how to identify the sound signature one enjoys most.

Learn, collect, graduate, etc.

417FRl+qHmL._SX425_.jpg

HTB1r1rsHFXXXXXFXVXXq6xXFXXXf.jpg_640x640q90.jpg

71xxsfC5LXL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

1_5_9.jpg

geekbuying-cb5d8a4b-2385-4230-bd2b-aea97f25f8e6.jpg

51p2mksc7QL._SX466_.jpg

.......and counting!

All 6 for less than $100 total.
All 6 have a different sound signature.
Learn about what you like and what you don't like for less than $100

.......or grab a hammer and just start swinging.

giphy-37.gif

Jun 8, 2018 at 2:03 PM Post #15,892 of 33,689
.....an absolute pity how folks take potshots at a company that strives to bring variety to the masses at everyday prices.

Not everything at KZ is a hit but their track record is more than acceptable for sub-$50 IEMs. They're learning. They're growing.

........and it's an affordable education for the ever increasing users of IEMs in the marketplace on how to identify the sound signature one enjoys most.

Learn, collect, graduate, etc.

.......and counting!

All 6 for less than $100 total.
All 6 have a different sound signature.
Learn about what you like and what you don't like for less than $100

.......or grab a hammer and just start swinging.

Peter 123 is right. This thread has become a kindergarden. I remove my attempts to defend the overinterpretation of a harmless statement of mine.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2018 at 3:08 PM Post #15,893 of 33,689
Hmmm...but potshots against a more sober view is ok? What's wrong with raising awareness of any kind of hype (this is addressing the crowd...which I am part of and guilty of, not KZ), and second alluding to some possibly overambitious shortcuts by the company when there are valid however largely ignored alternatives. This is just a normal part of the discussion.

And nobody is taking a shot against KZ as a whole, against ALL their offerings, and particularly not against the single drivers in your spoiler - I'd say your statement is too generalized.

I got the ZSA on order.

P.S. That guy above is rather brutal!

maybe the fact that this is the general chi-fi thread and not KZ? In fact, I don't think we've discussed KZ much here now. I would think people who doesn't like KZ preferred it that way.

Jun 8, 2018 at 6:11 PM Post #15,894 of 33,689
Hmmm...but potshots against a more sober view is ok? What's wrong with raising awareness of any kind of hype (this is addressing the crowd...which I am part of and guilty of, not KZ), and second alluding to some possibly overambitious shortcuts by the company when there are valid however largely ignored alternatives. This is just a normal part of the discussion.

And nobody is taking a shot against KZ as a whole, against ALL their offerings, and particularly not against the single drivers in your spoiler - I'd say your statement is too generalized.

I got the ZSA on order.

P.S. That guy above is rather brutal!

"HYPE" is defined as follows:

HYPE: 1) to stimulate, excite, or agitate.

This definition handily applies to nearly every newly released or newly announced IEM, Earbud or Headphone on Head-Fi. New releases generate conjecture and other stimulating discussion which is part of the lifeblood of Head-Fi. If said conjecture and other stimulating discussion pose a problem then why tune in?

HYPE: 2) to create interest in by flamboyant or dramatic methods.

Please cite postings where interest is created by "flamboyant or dramatic methods"; postings other than normal discussion. Normal discussion on HeadFi regarding existing, newly released or newly announced items typically include the following:
1) Improvements in sound, build, design, technology, etc.
2) Verbalizing hope for said improvements over previous models.
3) The actual enjoyment of the technology or said improvements when items are received.

Again, please cite postings where interest is created by "flamboyant or dramatic methods".

HYPE: 3) to intensify (advertising, promotion, or publicity) by ingenious or questionable claims, methods, etc.

Please cite postings where there is intensified promotion by ingenious or questionable claims and/or methods by a Head-Fi member

......and postings particularly by a Head-Fi member that will be taken seriously by anyone familiar with this thread.

(in other words, no one takes seriously the repeated postings of Head-Fi'ers whom immaturely ask if the newest release is the best thing ever just upon the mere mention of a new release.)

I don't recall anything other than that which is one of the cornerstones of Head-Fi's existence; definition #1 which, again, handily applies to nearly every newly released or newly announced IEM, Earbud or Headphone on Head-Fi. New releases generate conjecture and other stimulating discussion which is part of the lifeblood of Head-Fi. If said conjecture and other stimulating discussion pose a problem then why tune in? If interest is created by flamboyant or dramatic methods" then please cite those postings.

Evidence that you cull here on the "Chinese/Asian Brand Info Thread" will help clarify what you mean by "a more sober view".

giphy-42.gif

Please cite the postings.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2018 at 6:29 PM Post #15,895 of 33,689
in other words, no one takes seriously the repeated postings of Head-Fi'ers whom immaturely ask if the newest release is the best thing ever just upon the mere mention of a new release.

amen.jpeg

Jun 8, 2018 at 6:42 PM Post #15,896 of 33,689
"HYPE" is defined as follows:

This definition handily applies too nearly every newly released or newly announced IEM, Earbud or Headphone on Head-Fi. New releases generate conjecture and other stimulating discussion which is part of the lifeblood of Head-Fi. If said conjecture and other stimulating discussion pose a problem then why tune in?

Peter 123 is right. This thread has become a kindergarden. I remove my attempts to defend the overinterpretation of a harmless statement of mine.
Urban Dictionary.jpg

rambling .jpg

Attachments

• hype-1-1.jpg
    hype-1-1.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 8, 2018 at 8:05 PM Post #15,897 of 33,689
Straw man. ... A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument that was not presented by that opponent.

Feel free to place a label on my asking for evidence of "hype" but it isn't an unreasonable request. A "scientist" provides evidence for his claims.

I just re-read my earlier post. Don't know why it should be that inflammatory.....

Yes, there is a world outside Knowledge Zenith. A world without buried vocals. A world outside hype.

The inflammatory implication is that Knowledge Zenith is all about "buried vocals".

Entertaining and generally "V" shaped sound signatures? Sure.

"Buried" vocals in general considering their more than 25 models? No.

.....on the KZ thread - where I got banned from because one of my "friends" reported me on something trivial.

We do miss your input on the KZ Thread and it is unfortunate that someone betrayed your trust. I will say that when the moderators cautioned me regarding the very same offense you were banned for I made sure to never repeat the same mistake twice. Had I ignored their warning then my wounds would have been self-inflicted, thus the power to remain free to post on any given thread is in my hands.

Jun 8, 2018 at 10:58 PM Post #15,899 of 33,689

The inflammatory implication is that Knowledge Zenith is all about "buried vocals".

"Buried" vocals in general considering their more than 25 models? No.

Last edited:
Jun 9, 2018 at 1:24 AM Post #15,900 of 33,689
Personally, I don't think you're a bad guy Otto and I don't cast stones at your preference for FR graphs to support your conclusions.

I was responding to what you wrote.
Yes, there is a world outside Knowledge Zenith. A world without buried vocals. A world outside hype.

I was not responding to what you meant to write.

In addition........
I just re-read my earlier post. Don't know why it should be that inflammatory, that wasn't intended.

I think I can credibly make my case that I hadn't been collectively referring to all 25 or so models.

UPDATE: now I saw the offensive passage after re-reading my post. Wasn't meant as it was perceived. One person referred to me as "plain mean". Sorry for the grief created by such an incredible blasphemy.

.......it's never a good idea to shoot first when things are blurry. No lecturing here but it is best to re-read your post for clarification on the issue before responding. I know this all too well. Last week I jumped the gun regarding the ZSA upgrade cable fitment issue and later realized that an apology of sorts was in order to the OP.

Let's draw a line under this and return to discussions about the IEMs we're interested in.

Screenshot_2018-06-04-22-09-47.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back