CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 28, 2022 at 8:20 PM Post #30,002 of 31,845
Hi all.
I'm too old, my love for music was born when CDs don't exist (I again use a turntable 😄) and in the live concerts there were walls of valvestate Marshall, honestly I understand they are pratic but I don't like the arrays sound, so my ears like analogic sound.

After the complete round up of all my pokemons I've the right idea of what I'm looking for.
I like a lot the Aria, so in the harmanish/neutral tuning (Mirror incoming) I've discarded a lot of possibly contenders and (by now) could be pleased so.

In the fun range my benchmark is the Shozy 1.1, detailed natural mids and highs at the limits of my tollerance for long listening sessions, but....to be perfect for my taste I'll like it has an hint more mid bass (just an hint) and more extended subbass (his tumpy quality is perfect).

I've read a lots reviews but I'm find nothing that suite my requirements, only the Reecho SG03 remain in my wish list but I suspect is to much bass heavy (Smabat NCO2 Is on the way😂)

Exist in your experience an iem that could suite my taste?

Tipsy TTROMSO is probably the best mid-bass focused IEM under $100. I love mine!

Review by Redcarmoose

Apr 28, 2022 at 10:50 PM Post #30,003 of 31,845
Hi all.
I'm too old, my love for music was born when CDs don't exist (I again use a turntable 😄) and in the live concerts there were walls of valvestate Marshall, honestly I understand they are pratic but I don't like the arrays sound, so my ears like analogic sound.

After the complete round up of all my pokemons I've the right idea of what I'm looking for.
I like a lot the Aria, so in the harmanish/neutral tuning (Mirror incoming) I've discarded a lot of possibly contenders and (by now) could be pleased so.

In the fun range my benchmark is the Shozy 1.1, detailed natural mids and highs at the limits of my tollerance for long listening sessions, but....to be perfect for my taste I'll like it has an hint more mid bass (just an hint) and more extended subbass (his tumpy quality is perfect).

I've read a lots reviews but I'm find nothing that suite my requirements, only the Reecho SG03 remain in my wish list but I suspect is to much bass heavy (Smabat NCO2 Is on the way😂)

Exist in your experience an iem that could suite my taste?
Did you bought CRA (or CRA+) ? If you listen to modern song (except trance), they sound as good as Aria
Something like this

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2022 at 10:55 PM Post #30,004 of 31,845
How about this?
1651200930396.png

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2022 at 11:08 PM Post #30,005 of 31,845
Thank's Nimweth, After i have read what you say about NCO2 I can't resist 😄, well about FD3 It seems very similar to the EA1 that I like a lot but, to my ears is a little fatiguing for long listening sessions.
Someone find the Reecho SG03 an enancement of the FD3, anyway it seems don't have a very silky/warm mids and trebbles.
Maybe the darker Live 3 may suite more my taste for long listening?

All this iems have more subbass and bass then the Shozy 1.1 but no one of this seems have the silky detailed mids and trebbles I love in the Shozy.

I forgot in this list the Tingker TK300 maybe a step up....

Maybe I'm asking to much in a budget iem. 😉😄

I found a very nice endgame MidFI basshead IEM in the Sony XBA-N3. Thanks @RikudouGoku for the rec.

I bought mine second hand at $100 USD, it is an L-shaped set with thick big textured bass. Nice soundstage and layering. Very smooth and non fatiguing, excellent for long listening sessions. Sub-bass rumbles a lot. Even though there are BAs inside, Sony tunes their sets very well, no BA timbre. It isn't very detailed though, but is a set to chill and relax to.

Tingker TK300 is more detailed but is more uncomfortable and a bit more shouty. I would recommend the XBA-N3 over TK300. TK300 also has a more artificial timbre.

If you can top up a bit more, the Final E5000 is very warm and thick and lush, big bass and dark treble. I can't recommend it routinely as it needs a lot of power to drive. So mostly stuck to desktop amps or higher end dongles to power this beast.

Apr 29, 2022 at 1:30 AM Post #30,006 of 31,845
Apr 29, 2022 at 2:16 AM Post #30,007 of 31,845
Tipsy TTROMSO is probably the best mid-bass focused IEM under $100. I love mine!

Review by Redcarmoose

Hi Carpet thank's.
I don't know the Ttromso, It has the same frequency response of the CRA, but seems tuned in the same pleasant way like as the BL3/Meele, not too much detail focused but fun, only cons is the bloated mid bass and the roll of subbass.
The old Sennheiser Momentum has similar tuning, fun and engaging, with Final tips is impressive! Maybe an hint veiled. (Way I forgot It?🤔)

How about this?
Great Tzenn! This comparison is very interesting. :) 👍
It is so inespensive that I shurely buy the original CRA. I ear every kind of music.😉

I found a very nice endgame MidFI basshead IEM in the Sony XBA-N3. Thanks @RikudouGoku for the rec.

I bought mine second hand at $100 USD, it is an L-shaped set with thick big textured bass. Nice soundstage and layering. Very smooth and non fatiguing, excellent for long listening sessions. Sub-bass rumbles a lot. Even though there are BAs inside, Sony tunes their sets very well, no BA timbre. It isn't very detailed though, but is a set to chill and relax to.

Tingker TK300 is more detailed but is more uncomfortable and a bit more shouty. I would recommend the XBA-N3 over TK300. TK300 also has a more artificial timbre.

If you can top up a bit more, the Final E5000 is very warm and thick and lush, big bass and dark treble. I can't recommend it routinely as it needs a lot of power to drive. So mostly stuck to desktop amps or higher end dongles to power this beast.
Hi Baskingshark you are welcome.

Sadly It is very difficult to find the Sony XBA N3 in Italy, only used and high priced over e. 200.

Mayby I may tame a little the TK300 shoutiness replacing the cable (original is not the best) and using foam tips.

About E5000 (E4000 on the way) I trust in your opinion (I always read review) 😉👍, do you think CX 31993 or JM10 dongles may drive them correctly?

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2022 at 3:03 AM Post #30,008 of 31,845
Great Tzenn! This comparison is very interesting. :) 👍
It is so inespensive that I shurely buy the original CRA. I ear every kind of music.😉
The CRA+ might suit your taste in my opinion

Apr 29, 2022 at 3:12 AM Post #30,009 of 31,845
The CRA+ might suit your taste in my opinion
You are right CRA+ seems a more refined version, less subbass but more pleasing and coerent full frequency response. 👍

Apr 29, 2022 at 3:17 AM Post #30,010 of 31,845
Hi Baskingshark you are welcome.

Sadly It is very difficult to find the Sony XBA N3 in Italy, only used and high priced over e. 200.

Mayby I may tame a little the TK300 shoutiness replacing the cable (original is not the best) and using foam tips.

About E5000 (E4000 on the way) I trust in your opinion (I always read review) 😉👍, do you think CX 31993 or JM10 dongles may drive them correctly?

Nope don't think the JM10 or CX 31993 will drive the E5000 adequately. E4000 is also quite tough to drive, but not as bad as the E5000. E4000 is a bit more balanced than the E5000 in tuning.

Apr 29, 2022 at 3:37 AM Post #30,011 of 31,845
You are right CRA+ seems a more refined version, less subbass but more pleasing and coerent full frequency response. 👍
by the way if you want to save your money then just eq :D not sure why but instead of having too many iem i just gonna eq them, easy ;DD

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2022 at 4:25 AM Post #30,012 of 31,845
by the way if you want to save your money then just eq :D not sure why but instead of having too many iem i just gonna eq them, easy ;DD
Yes you are right again, but I'm in the rabbit hole.😂😂

Seriously I don't like equalize more then change tips and cable, maybe this could be stupid, but my audiophile side like ear the music gears as they are to find the best tuned and the mastering in the recording just alter a lot the original sound.
Audiphile recordings are rare.

Looking at my pokemons collection for others new forumers I may say that them need only a few good iems to start.
The more experienced forumers there all agree and recommend these (I could've listened before their advices and save a lot of money 😉😂)

Aria as harmanish pleasing tuning is one.

HZsound Mirror for tecnical listening the second.

The fun TOTL iem is the more hard to find 'cos too many iems are fun, but by now I'm again looking for the one that put togheter fun and adeguate natural, firm and engaging detailed sound, long listening wise, a mix very difficult to reach.

But everyone has his own taste and the fun in this game is...looking for the hidden gems that put all agree. 😉😄

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2022 at 4:56 AM Post #30,013 of 31,845
The fun TOTL iem is the more hard to find 'cos too many iems are fun, but by now I'm again looking for the one that put togheter fun and adeguate natural, firm and engaging detailed sound, long listening wise, a mix very difficult to reach.
Me personally already found my ultimate endgame tuning, so it's quite easy to pick and buy, 1 step closer to quit i guess :D
Not sure about putting fun and neutral together since fun needs peak while neutral is peak-less.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2022 at 6:18 AM Post #30,014 of 31,845
Me personally already found my ultimate endgame tuning, so it's quite easy to pick and buy, 1 step closer to quit i guess :D
Not sure about putting fun and neutral together since fun needs peak while neutral is peak-less.
Lucky you. 😉

I haven't an ultimate tuning 'cos momentary mood and I ear to many different music genres that need different tuning.

But probably you are right and what I'm looking for is my personal ultimate tuning. 😊👍

I need something that's not bass shy, very deep and full body, but not bloaty, little bit warm, not peaky and fatiguing, with natural and correct tonality...something that's replay the real music feeling, who play music may understand what I say, I know very well how a lot of instruments play, as guitarist I know perfectly the differences in the wood used, the strings, the bracing and when a top is tuned, I go mad earing this differences 😂 .... but these are nuances that everyone feels different and I know that playback apparels sound less or more coloured.
For professional use are necessary nearly neutral instruments but for fun I like a liquid, warm, powerfull, detailed valve sound style reproduction.😊

Apr 29, 2022 at 6:35 AM Post #30,015 of 31,845
Lucky you. 😉

I haven't an ultimate tuning 'cos momentary mood and I ear to many different music genres that need different tuning.

But probably you are right and what I'm looking for is my personal ultimate tuning. 😊👍

I need something that's not bass shy, very deep and full body, but not bloaty, little bit warm, not peaky and fatiguing, with natural and correct tonality...something that's replay the real music feeling, who play music may understand what I say, I know very well how a lot of instruments play, as guitarist I know perfectly the differences in the wood used, the strings, the bracing and when a top is tuned, I go mad earing this differences 😂 .... but these are nuances that everyone feels different and I know that playback apparels sound less or more coloured.
For professional use are necessary nearly neutral instruments but for fun I like a liquid, warm, powerfull, detailed valve sound style reproduction.😊
There is something that is special. If you can get codes for a discount. Amazing sub-bass, mid-bass, mids and treble. The IMR Acoustics Ozar. It's in another single DD world. It has the bass you without losing anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back