CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 26, 2022 at 7:19 PM Post #29,986 of 31,867
Their you go for my TRIPOWIN OLINA Review.
Here for headfi.
Here for No borders Audiophile.

I compare them to Moondrop Kato and Aria and HZsound Mirror.

Technical performance are above average their no doubt, hype was and still is legit if the slightly bright tonality fit your taste!

I read your review earlier, great writing! Still, it seems like the comparison to Kato is missing? --> Fixed, comparison with Kato added

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2022 at 8:25 PM Post #29,987 of 31,867
I read your review earlier, great writing! Still, it seems like the comparison to Kato is missing?
OH! Thanks so much mate....this is what happen when you write on Office and copy paste 1 page on 2 by error. You save me some humiliation here, really appreciate!

Apr 27, 2022 at 2:47 AM Post #29,988 of 31,867
OH! Thanks so much mate....this is what happen when you write on Office and copy paste 1 page on 2 by error. You save me some humiliation here, really appreciate!
You're welcome. Indeed, thanks for adding that part, as I'm looking forward to that comparison myself :)

Apr 27, 2022 at 10:55 AM Post #29,989 of 31,867
Just receive the FIIO FD3 PRO, i find whole package very generous since it even include a modular cable.
1651070580196.png

Construction wise, it's excellent too, doesn't feel like a 130$ IEM at all...
Need to play more with ear tips, but what hit me first (bass ear tips) is the super wide and tall soundstage, a bit like BQEYZ Autumn in that regard, bass is weighty, warm and thick with good slam, female vocal are very good, lush with wide fowards presence and hint of breathyness so perhaps some extra low harmonic romantism here, we have a micro details boost in mid or upper treble but otherwise it's a rather warm bassy W shape signature. Timbre wise it's great, layering is very good too, their hint of bass bleed with this very tips, but done in a guilty pleasure way. Transient speed seem good with first track of this Elephant9 album, while not ultra crisp, it doesnt go messy and everything seem cohesive yet you will not follow every details of percussions, synth is very upfront with independant layer presence, little like what it do with female vocal which are extracted apart from the rest. Thick energic presentation, very physical, bass line a very thick but kick drum a bit vague in definition. Do we always need analytical presentation? I dont think so since the cohesive musicality here is very appealing and not overly messy.

Apr 27, 2022 at 7:06 PM Post #29,991 of 31,867
Have heard of this IEM? Fish 9 U-556.
i see it and have it in Ali card...but i wonder if it will not soudn the same as KBear Neon with better thinked design...to facilitate DEEP insertion!

Apr 27, 2022 at 9:26 PM Post #29,993 of 31,867
All you mates drove me in the rabbit hole. 😂😂😂

HZsound Heart Mirror on the way with Jcally JM10. :)

Now I've only to wait AE a month.....😓😂

And no No I don't want to buy Smabat NCO 2, absolutely not a basshead iem no no never....It is in my whish list too...😊😎🤣
The magic will appear when you pair it with decent amp + listening to jazz :wink:

Apr 27, 2022 at 10:00 PM Post #29,994 of 31,867
You're right. Neon I didn't buy it because of its fit.
yeah, well, imo, single BA have their limit...in term of dynamic range amplitude and flexibility. don't worth caring about single BA imo

Apr 28, 2022 at 10:40 AM Post #29,995 of 31,867
Hi all.
I'm too old, my love for music was born when CDs don't exist (I again use a turntable 😄) and in the live concerts there were walls of valvestate Marshall, honestly I understand they are pratic but I don't like the arrays sound, so my ears like analogic sound.

After the complete round up of all my pokemons I've the right idea of what I'm looking for.
I like a lot the Aria, so in the harmanish/neutral tuning (Mirror incoming) I've discarded a lot of possibly contenders and (by now) could be pleased so.

In the fun range my benchmark is the Shozy 1.1, detailed natural mids and highs at the limits of my tollerance for long listening sessions, but....to be perfect for my taste I'll like it has an hint more mid bass (just an hint) and more extended subbass (his tumpy quality is perfect).

I've read a lots reviews but I'm find nothing that suite my requirements, only the Reecho SG03 remain in my wish list but I suspect is to much bass heavy (Smabat NCO2 Is on the way😂)

Exist in your experience an iem that could suite my taste?

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2022 at 10:49 AM Post #29,996 of 31,867
Hi all.
I'm too old, my love for music was born when CDs don't exist (I again use a turntable 😄) and in the live concerts there were walls of valvestate Marshall, honestly I understand they are pratic but I don't like the arrays sound, so my ears like analogic sound.

After the complete round up of all my pokemons I've the right idea of what I'm looking for.
I like a lot the Aria, so in the harmanish/neutral tuning (Mirror incoming) I've discarded a lot of possibly contenders and (by now) could be pleased so.

In the fun range my benchmark is the Shozy 1.1, detailed natural mids and highs at the limits of my tollerance for long listening sessions, but....to be perfect for my taste I'll like it has an hint more mid bass (just an hint) and more extended subbass (his tumpy quality is perfect).

I've read a lots reviews but I'm find nothing that suite my requirements, only the Reecho SG03 remain in my wish list but I suspect is to much bass heavy (Smabat NCO2 Is on the way😂)

I'm an old analogue man too of over 70 years. Not a long time left on this journey of existence. I have the Shozy Form 1.1 too and it is gooood. HBB Tripowin Olina is a big upgrade. The IMR Audio Ozar if you get at a good price is a massive upgrade. The HBB Olina is beautiful. I got it on Amazon Prime UK for £89, which meant if I never liked it I could return it. It is a clear upgrade on the Shozy.

Apr 28, 2022 at 11:11 AM Post #29,997 of 31,867
I'm an old analogue man too of over 70 years. Not a long time left on this journey of existence. I have the Shozy Form 1.1 too and it is gooood. HBB Tripowin Olina is a big upgrade. The IMR Audio Ozar if you get at a good price is a massive upgrade. The HBB Olina is beautiful. I got it on Amazon Prime UK for £89, which meant if I never liked it I could return it. It is a clear upgrade on the Shozy.
You are welcome dharmasteve I'm 64. 😉👍

The Olina is in my radar, my only dubt is...have it the bass I require?

By the reviews it seems have subbass extension but not the midbass slam I'm looking for....

On Amazon Italy it is e. 118, could be a good idea. Thank's 👍

Apr 28, 2022 at 2:32 PM Post #29,998 of 31,867
I
Hi all.

If you have the Smabat NCO 2 on the way, you may like the Fiio FD3. It has a very musical sound with an expansive stage, and seems like it would suit you. It has two tuning options and lots of accessories.

Apr 28, 2022 at 4:22 PM Post #30,000 of 31,867
I

If you have the Smabat NCO 2 on the way, you may like the Fiio FD3. It has a very musical sound with an expansive stage, and seems like it would suit you. It has two tuning options and lots of accessories.
Thank's Nimweth, After i have read what you say about NCO2 I can't resist 😄, well about FD3 It seems very similar to the EA1 that I like a lot but, to my ears is a little fatiguing for long listening sessions.
Someone find the Reecho SG03 an enancement of the FD3, anyway it seems don't have a very silky/warm mids and trebbles.
Maybe the darker Live 3 may suite more my taste for long listening?

All this iems have more subbass and bass then the Shozy 1.1 but no one of this seems have the silky detailed mids and trebbles I love in the Shozy.

I forgot in this list the Tingker TK300 maybe a step up....

Maybe I'm asking to much in a budget iem. 😉😄

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back