CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 29, 2022 at 6:53 AM Post #30,016 of 31,859
Yes you are right again, but I'm in the rabbit hole.๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Seriously I don't like equalize more then change tips and cable, maybe this could be stupid, but my audiophile side like ear the music gears as they are to find the best tuned and the mastering in the recording just alter a lot the original sound.
Audiphile recordings are rare.

Looking at my pokemons collection for others new forumers I may say that them need only a few good iems to start.
The more experienced forumers there all agree and recommend these (I could've listened before their advices and save a lot of money ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‚)

Aria as harmanish pleasing tuning is one.

HZsound Mirror for tecnical listening the second.

The fun TOTL iem is the more hard to find 'cos too many iems are fun, but by now I'm again looking for the one that put togheter fun and adeguate natural, firm and engaging detailed sound, long listening wise, a mix very difficult to reach.

But everyone has his own taste and the fun in this game is...looking for the hidden gems that put all agree. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜„

If you are looking at something less fatiguing, then the TRI sub-brand of KBEAR are great for anyone who wants safer treble.

TRI Starsea is a neutral set with very good stage, imaging and separation typical of brighter sets. How they manage to get the details without pushing towards shouty or sibilant makes it a standout. It's a bit light on mid-bass, more focussed on sub-bass. Oh, and it is one of those IEMs with switches, so you can make slight adjustments to the tuning (bass boost FTW). Absolute winner for neutral tuning and long listening.

TRI Meteor is more forward on the mid-bass and not quite as good as Starsea on the details. Warmer set, I can listen to all day. A great upgrade if you like BL-03 but Tipsy TTROMSO has eclipsed it as my favorite warm relaxed set.

TRI I3pro looks interesting too, but I haven't heard it yet.

GS Audio GD3C and Olina are great sets, but certainly not relaxed or non-fatiguing. Unless it's laid back music, I don't listen to those for more than two hours.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2022 at 7:11 AM Post #30,017 of 31,859
Lucky you. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I haven't an ultimate tuning 'cos momentary mood and I ear to many different music genres that need different tuning.

But probably you are right and what I'm looking for is my personal ultimate tuning. ๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ‘

I need something that's not bass shy, very deep and full body, but not bloaty, little bit warm, not peaky and fatiguing, with natural and correct tonality...something that's replay the real music feeling, who play music may understand what I say, I know very well how a lot of instruments play, as guitarist I know perfectly the differences in the wood used, the strings, the bracing and when a top is tuned, I go mad earing this differences ๐Ÿ˜‚ .... but these are nuances that everyone feels different and I know that playback apparels sound less or more coloured.
For professional use are necessary nearly neutral instruments but for fun I like a liquid, warm, powerfull, detailed valve sound style reproduction.๐Ÿ˜Š
I kinda understand that, some might say we're picky, it's just our refrence that we have to be picky about it ...
Well i'm neither guitarist nor musician to understand exactly what's your refrence here but you might have the same goal tuning as i am, my goal always be the iem that can "produce the music as artist intended"
My current ultimate goal is this: Z1r Bass + Justear mid (with a little tweak at 2,2k and 4k) + Justear treble.
graph - 2022-04-29T172237.653.png

Apr 29, 2022 at 7:29 AM Post #30,018 of 31,859
There is something that is special. If you can get codes for a discount. Amazing sub-bass, mid-bass, mids and treble. The IMR Acoustics Ozar. It's in another single DD world. It has the bass you without losing anything.
You have good ears friend! ๐Ÿ‘

This is a very high end iem, high priced and difficult to find but with ultimate tuning and performances.

Great stuff!๐Ÿ˜‰

Apr 29, 2022 at 7:36 AM Post #30,019 of 31,859
If you are looking at something less fatiguing, then the TRI sub-brand of KBEAR are great for anyone who wants safer treble.

TRI Starsea is a neutral set with very good stage, imaging and separation typical of brighter sets. How they manage to get the details without pushing towards shouty or sibilant makes it a standout. It's a bit light on mid-bass, more focussed on sub-bass. Oh, and it is one of those IEMs with switches, so you can make slight adjustments to the tuning (bass boost FTW). Absolute winner for neutral tuning and long listening.

TRI Meteor is more forward on the mid-bass and not quite as good as Starsea on the details. Warmer set, I can listen to all day. A great upgrade if you like BL-03 but Tipsy TTROMSO has eclipsed it as my favorite warm relaxed set.

TRI I3pro looks interesting too, but I haven't heard it yet.

GS Audio GD3C and Olina are great sets, but certainly not relaxed or non-fatiguing. Unless it's laid back music, I don't listen to those for more than two hours.
Thank's Carpet!
All these iem are well sounding and on the neutral side but Meteor...Ttromso intrigue me a lot. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜‰

Apr 29, 2022 at 7:45 AM Post #30,020 of 31,859
I kinda understand that, some might say we're picky, it's just our refrence that we have to be picky about it ...
Well i'm neither guitarist nor musician to understand exactly what's your refrence here but you might have the same goal tuning as i am, my goal always be the iem that can "produce the music as artist intended"
My current ultimate goal is this: Z1r Bass + Justear mid (with a little tweak at 2,2k and 4k) + Justear treble.
Tzenn you are great!

My ultimate goal is Reecho SG03 subbass + Tingker TK300 bass + Shozy 1.1 mids and trebbles.๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I'm kind but....I've a really dark dark basshead side in my soul! ๐Ÿ˜ˆ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2022 at 7:59 AM Post #30,021 of 31,859
Tzenn you are great!

My ultimate goal is Reecho SG03 subbass + Tingker TK300 bass + Shozy 1.1 mids and trebbles.๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I'm kind but....I've a really dark dark basshead side in my soul! ๐Ÿ˜ˆ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
If you want a very good inexpensive IEM with serious bass then the Tiandirenhe td06, the red and black one. They make IEMs for other companies.

Apr 29, 2022 at 9:26 AM Post #30,022 of 31,859
I have my eye on a DAC/AMP, but I wanted one that was as versatile as the Zishan Z4. Are you aware of any?
As versatile as crazy Z4....hum, only one that come to my mind is Qudelix 5K. bt-usb dac amp, 3.5se 2.5se, dual 9218P dac, full music control ,incredible app with PEQ, 4.0 V rms bal output, mic.

Apr 29, 2022 at 9:37 AM Post #30,023 of 31,859
Yes you are right again, but I'm in the rabbit hole.๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Seriously I don't like equalize more then change tips and cable, maybe this could be stupid, but my audiophile side like ear the music gears as they are to find the best tuned and the mastering in the recording just alter a lot the original sound.
Audiphile recordings are rare.

Looking at my pokemons collection for others new forumers I may say that them need only a few good iems to start.
The more experienced forumers there all agree and recommend these (I could've listened before their advices and save a lot of money ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‚)

Aria as harmanish pleasing tuning is one.

HZsound Mirror for tecnical listening the second.

The fun TOTL iem is the more hard to find 'cos too many iems are fun, but by now I'm again looking for the one that put togheter fun and adeguate natural, firm and engaging detailed sound, long listening wise, a mix very difficult to reach.

But everyone has his own taste and the fun in this game is...looking for the hidden gems that put all agree. ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜„
For warm fun basshead, have you think about Ibasso IT00?
1651239119775.png

Audiosense DT600 and AQ4 worth a check too.

Tinhifi T2plus isnt basshead, but still have thick mid bass slam and overall warm neutrality, this might please fan of Final E1000 target.

all of these above IEM have smooth timbre and fatigue free treble.

Apr 29, 2022 at 9:51 AM Post #30,024 of 31,859
1651239119775.png

Tinhifi T2plus isnt basshead, but still have thick mid bass slam and overall warm neutrality, this might please fan of Final E1000 target.

If you want something bass head but still somewhat cleaner, my old pal TFZ King Pro. If you still can get one that is.
It have great quality bass, clean mid (a bit thin vocals), and decent treble.

1651239933957.png

Or the old darling TFZ Tequila. It have semi open design that give it great soundstage and air.

1651240075087.png

To note while i haven't bought IT00, so this is a hearsay
There are QC complain on IT00 or it several people saying that its prone to have problem.
That being said, there are plenty people bitching about Aria long term durability and mine have gone through washing machine once, i put it in ricebox overnight, and now it still sound great (barring paint chipping)

Apr 29, 2022 at 10:10 AM Post #30,025 of 31,859
If you want something bass head but still somewhat cleaner, my old pal TFZ King Pro. If you still can get one that is.

1651239933957.png

Or the old darling TFZ Tequila. It have semi open design that give it great soundstage and air.

1651240075087.png

There are QC complain on IT00 or it several people saying that its prone to have problem.
That being said, there are plenty people bitching about Aria long term durability and mine have gone through washing machine once, i put it in ricebox overnight, and now it still sound great (barring paint chipping)

iBasso IT00 has very bad driver flex. So those sensitive to it may need to consider alternative options. Otherwise it does most things above average. Subbass is good in quantity, subbass > midbass. It also uses MMCX, so some folks have MMCX issues with it, but that's par for the course for budget MMCX sets. Driver flex can also be mitigated by a few ways though.

TFZ Tequila1 is a basshead set that has good soundstage as you say, due to the open backed design. Timbre is okay, but it hasn't aged well in technicalities. Very lowFI sounding in micro-details, imaging, instrument separation and clarity. I'm actually looking to sell away my pair.

Apr 29, 2022 at 10:29 AM Post #30,026 of 31,859
If you want a very good inexpensive IEM with serious bass then the Tiandirenhe td06, the red and black one. They make IEMs for other companies.
This is interesting...I just have the Tiandirenhe products in my radar.

Added to my wish list!๐Ÿ‘

Thank's again dharmasteve ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Apr 29, 2022 at 10:39 AM Post #30,027 of 31,859

Hi NymPHONOmaniacs, Audiosense AQ4 looks a very high grade iem, more pricey than my target but I've put it in my wish list...maybe a crismast gift! ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜„ ๐Ÿ‘

I know the IT00 but seems it has drivers flex problem, but shurely another good iem.
(There are really to many good iems now day on the market ๐Ÿ˜ƒ).

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2022 at 11:14 AM Post #30,028 of 31,859

Hi r31ya, TFZ King Pro Is no more avalable now there are the King II and the King LTD but in my modest opinion by the price them pay something against the SG03 and TK300, maybe the Live 3 could be fun but as Baskingshark say about Tequila this too are old school progect with bass out of control.

A little bit enphasis in the mid bass give more full body mids, but must not be out of control or bloated to my taste, this is the reason why I'm not fall in love with BL03 and don't look at the Meele also if boot are fun.
KS10 pro too is plenty of bass and could be nice for EDM/elettronic music....only....I largely prefear C10 as all rounder. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2022 at 11:46 AM Post #30,029 of 31,859
Hi r31ya, TFZ King Pro Is no more avalable now there are the King II and the King LTD but in my modest opinion by the price them pay something against the SG03 and TK300, maybe the Live 3 could be fun but as Baskingshark say about Tequila this too are old school progect with bass out of control.

A little bit enphasis in the mid bass give more full body mids, but must not be out of control or bloated to my taste, this is the reason why I'm not fall in love with BL03 and don't look at the Meele also if boot are fun.
KS10 pro too is plenty of bass and could be nice for EDM/elettronic music....only.... ๐Ÿ˜‰
King Pro is updated King II in terms of tuning
King LTD is an old darling with a deeper V compared to King Pro W

And basically TFZ King-series have great bass that still stands a good test of time, mid and treble might be just so so in current standard (vocals might be a bit under par compared to modern iem on its price point).
I was going to buy KZ ZS10 Pro when i make the mistake on trying TFZ King and heard how far the difference in bass quality (well, its twice the price).
Much more detailed with great texturing and controlled depth that make it sound epic with orchestra OST like Hellsing Gradus Vita.
coming back to ZS10 pro after testing King is like, what is this undefined samey thump of a supposed bass?

But its an old series and Chifi have moved on, surely you could get something with TFZ King Bass but with much better vocals and treble with more recent model with the same price.

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2022 at 2:19 PM Post #30,030 of 31,859
King Pro is updated King II in terms of tuning
King LTD is an old darling with a deeper V compared to King Pro W

And basically TFZ King-series have great bass that still stands a good test of time, mid and treble might be just so so in current standard (vocals might be a bit under par compared to modern iem on its price point).
I was going to buy KZ ZS10 Pro when i make the mistake on trying TFZ King and heard how far the difference in bass quality (well, its twice the price).
Much more detailed with great texturing and controlled depth that make it sound epic with orchestra OST like Hellsing Gradus Vita.
coming back to ZS10 pro after testing King is like, what is this undefined samey thump of a supposed bass?

But its an old series and Chifi have moved on, surely you could get something with TFZ King Bass but with much better vocals and treble with more recent model with the same price.
Yes I agree White you about the ZS10 pro! ๐Ÿ‘

I'm earing It now writing this replay (Sorry for my english limits that make me difficult to explain well technical concepts, for the same reasons I don't write reviews and my italian T9 don't help me ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜Š),
well the mid bass enancement Is so much and with so slow decay that the complex tracks become confusing, in The Maze by Vinnie Moore Is impossible understand the bass line, Steve Vai's Herotic Nightmare are so confusing to be unlistenable.
Same problem with the complex orchestra passages, Better with Little ensamble but the timbre is to much altered, the orchestral trumpets like as Yamaha or Selmer sound like Conn or Olds jazz/blues trumpets and so on....

ZS10 pro give the best on acoustic rock, country that become warm and pleasantly rich or with elettronic music with rave effect.๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back