CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Dec 2, 2021 at 2:43 PM Post #29,341 of 31,833
graph - 2021-12-01T143551.431.png

KZ ZEX Pro iem of the year? That tuning looks epic.
look bad imo.
V shouty with splashy 8k and detached ''est'' ultra highs for false air and sens of speed?

but who know.

twill surely be better than NRA...

Dec 2, 2021 at 3:05 PM Post #29,342 of 31,833
look bad imo.
V shouty with splashy 8k and detached ''est'' ultra highs for false air and sens of speed?

but who know.

twill surely be better than NRA...
That 8k is a coupler peak.

From what @paulwasabii has said in my discord server:
"There are times when it does sound like there is only a DD..maybe the BA and EST are there for show 😉"

graph - 2021-12-02T210135.935.png

graph - 2021-12-02T210450.452.png

The tuning resembles stuff like the Yume and the Kato.

Dec 2, 2021 at 5:30 PM Post #29,343 of 31,833
That 8k is a coupler peak.

From what @paulwasabii has said in my discord server:
"There are times when it does sound like there is only a DD..maybe the BA and EST are there for show 😉"

graph - 2021-12-02T210135.935.png
graph - 2021-12-02T210450.452.png
The tuning resembles stuff like the Yume and the Kato.
yeah...dunno...i always become grumpy when i see KZ graphs....Yume seem to have more mids...anyway, a graph tell you half the story so be sure i dont conclude anything based on this!
Indeed, i could have write same thing for NRA, EST disappear when highs arent calling for it...when it does, its hit or miss, like....unbalanced patchwork. EST potential is still in BETA testing imo

Dec 3, 2021 at 2:31 AM Post #29,345 of 31,833
No offense to anyone or anything, monk plus is also the worst audio gear I've come across in my life. Sounds really bad. So I fully agree with @RikudouGoku
none taken since i have only heard 3 buds ever (monk+, ty hi-z 32ohm, auglamour rx-1), but i think you may be kinda exaggerating a lil bit cuz of the old hype around them. Since i bought them long ago when they were 5 usd and they were fairly good and detailed for that price compared to the crap muddy audio gear i have heard in the higher price range.

but yeah upon hearing the yinncrows these punch the monks to death.

Dec 3, 2021 at 9:10 AM Post #29,346 of 31,833
Even IF Zex Pro underperforms its EST, imagine it is indeed tuned similar and maybe can do the same or even better than KATO for just $30 USD. The compared stuff are just single DD or DD+BAs anyway lol
Hold your horse bro....ZEX Pro will not touch KATO....but i will order them to fight my partiality about KZ.

KATO is very extremely similar to Aria, im not sure the extra 100$ worth the technicalities upgrade....even if it might be the end game of this infinite Harman perfectionism line up.

graph(6).png

Dec 3, 2021 at 9:18 AM Post #29,347 of 31,833
Hum, i just begin to get a bit more ''serious'' about video reviews, and this might become the place where I do impulsive reviews of ultra budget chifi IEM and stuffs...
So, this is a multi mini-reviews-kinda-comparisons of BLON MAX, CCA NRA, CCZ EMERALD & KBEAR LARK.

More i will practice my english speaking, clearer will be my mind to make improvise sound description. Here, imo, the EMERALD stand apart in term of cohesive, refined tuning. Its the only well balanced IEM in the bunch.

Dec 3, 2021 at 9:43 AM Post #29,348 of 31,833
Hum, i just begin to get a bit more ''serious'' about video reviews, and this might become the place where I do impulsive reviews of ultra budget chifi IEM and stuffs...
So, this is a multi mini-reviews-kinda-comparisons of BLON MAX, CCA NRA, CCZ EMERALD & KBEAR LARK.

More i will practice my english speaking, clearer will be my mind to make improvise sound description. Here, imo, the EMERALD stand apart in term of cohesive, refined tuning. Its the only well balanced IEM in the bunch.

Emerald, a good one, really funny, thank you :)
P. S. How did you find BA coherency? :wink:

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2021 at 10:26 AM Post #29,349 of 31,833

GREAT review! Just a few suggestions that might help the channel to grow.

Do separate reviews on popular models, flavor of month/year like Blon, Tin, Moondrop, KZ just to name a few! Even unboxing videos! (GRAB THE VIEWERS FIRST!!)

Doesn't have to be lengthy ones, 6~12 minutes videos on point for each section of criteria, could include a little content on stuff outside of sound, maybe 30 seconds on fit and aesthetics, and your takes on that particular product. (I've seen people only do Kz models or purely speculation... to get quite friction!)

Could be easier for the future if you create a pattern of video structure. Sort of like writing a mini lab report/paper. More organized and likely saving your time in the long run.

Consider changing/shorten channel's name to a more distinct phrase. Like 'NB Reviews', 'NB Audio Reviews' or simply your username 'NymPHONOmaniac'. Something like that, most viewers don't try to remember anything with more than 3 words.

Just my opinions. Then there are many little things like lightning, mic, and editing, which could then improve bit by bit if you set your mind to it. Again, excellent reviews, definitely deserve more views!

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2021 at 11:52 AM Post #29,350 of 31,833
Emerald, a good one, really funny, thank you :)
P. S. How did you find BA coherency? :wink:
Your being sarcastic here....so you can just FO.
And enjoy your golden ears in silence.
Im not here to convince you of anything.

Dec 3, 2021 at 11:59 AM Post #29,352 of 31,833
GREAT review! Just a few suggestions that might help the channel to grow.

Do separate reviews on popular models, flavor of month/year like Blon, Tin, Moondrop, KZ just to name a few! Even unboxing videos! (GRAB THE VIEWERS FIRST!!)

Doesn't have to be lengthy ones, 6~12 minutes videos on point for each section of criteria, could include a little content on stuff outside of sound, maybe 30 seconds on fit and aesthetics, and your takes on that particular product. (I've seen people only do Kz models or purely speculation... to get quite friction!)

Could be easier for the future if you create a pattern of video structure. Sort of like writing a mini lab report/paper. More organized and likely saving your time in the long run.

Consider changing/shorten channel's name to a more distinct phrase. Like 'NB Reviews', 'NB Audio Reviews' or simply your username 'NymPHONOmaniac'. Something like that, most viewers don't try to remember anything with more than 3 words.

Just my opinions. Then there are many little things like lightning, mic, and editing, which could then improve bit by bit if you set your mind to it. Again, excellent reviews, definitely deserve more views!
wow thanks mate, i will take note of that...its a very constructive advice. My goal is to improve for sure. TK2 video traumatize me with its 1H long lenght...

if i do unboxing video it will be humoristic one because its kinda vain video....so i will put some Barry White music and wear fancy glove or something....to make this like IEM striptease or something lol

indeed....its a very long channel name....at leat i dont write NBBA: No B* Budget Audiophile (Chifi Seekers) Chifi Review Channel!

still, im not an hyper....and i dont wanna enter ''rat chase'' new audio product hysteria....i feel like their lotta hidden gems hide in the past...perhaps more than in the futur in fact.

My next video will be about my fav sub-100$ DD for technicalities value. Aria, HZound MIrror, Blon 05S

Dec 3, 2021 at 12:40 PM Post #29,354 of 31,833
MOONDROP KATO (190$) VS MOONDOP ARIA (80$)

262232440_618832559241638_8612217893065627795_n.jpg

Simply put, Aria is a smoother,more organic and less treble bite energic KATO.

TONALITY is extremely similar in balance, though Aria has a bit more sub bass presence so i can hear more easily bass line in ovewelming busy track like SKINK from Elephant9, but the KATO is more edgy in attack, so percussion timing seem more accurate and a bit faster-cleaner. Overall presentation of Aria is more laidback and delicate, less textured in timbre and full in highs.

SUB BASS is where i feel Aria is better, its thicker, less resonant, but slower too, so less thigh in fast punch. KATO have a cleaner bass response and betterr mid-kick-sub separation.

MIDS are cleaner in imaging, a hint more detailed and vivid in attack with KATO. Vocal presence is very similar, rather good but a bit lean, Aria is less dynamic and well articulated.

TREBLE i a hint brighter with KATO, percussion are better extracted-separated and highs have more snap and control.

IMAGING is where the KATO stand apart, separation between instrument is wider-cleaner, sound layers have more place to breath too...

SOUNDSTAGE is a hint wider with the Aria and Deeper with the KATO.

TBH, these 2 sound soooooo similar....it make me feel about Tinhifi P1 vs P1+ difference, something about transient speed improvment that permit a more controlled and criper sound. So, sound benefit return is on the low side here for the KATO.

I jut hope Moondrop will not make disappear the Aria like they did with the Crescent cause sound value was too good!

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2021 at 12:44 PM Post #29,355 of 31,833
Its just that Emerald has a dead BA....
nope, imo a well balanced BA should not be easily spotted....like all this KZ-TRN-CCA crap with highs that jump at you like hooligans.
but man....its jut my fav out of 4 IEM....not a must have at all....i like the Emerald soundstage and imaging....bass is a bit resonant.

to each their own...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back