CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Dec 1, 2021 at 6:32 AM Post #29,327 of 31,834
I can get Aria and legacy 2 at the same price, which one should I get? I prefer good vocals and technicals.

Legacy 2 is very meh. Good tonality, but sub par technicalities for a hybrid and BA timbre is present. It is purported to have a beryllium DD, but the DD sounds worse than some conventional drivers in terms of texturing and quality. For the same configuration but improved timbre and technicalities, the TRI Meteor (which costs thereabouts) is the better choice.

Aria is a single DD with good tonality, timbre and technical performance. One thing is the paint may scratch or bubble off (in forums), my set is okay after a month of use.

Based on your preference for vocals, I'd buy the Aria any day of the week over the Legacy 2, but YMMV.

Dec 1, 2021 at 6:43 AM Post #29,328 of 31,834
It could be nice if we do a short list of well sounding iems for bass lovers (not only basshead 'cos there is the right tread for this) :)

By your suggestions and reviews (by price):

URBANFUN YBF-ISS014
Reecho SG03
Hidizs MS2
Tingker TK300
TForce Yuan Li

TFZ LIVE 3 seems to be a step down, Mele could be a cheeper alternative to Kbear Aurora.

Aria and HE01 May have a place in the list as more neutral choice?

In the cheeper iems range the banned one stand out, don't know about Rt2 and I'm waiting DQ6, maybe NRA/ZEX could be cosidered.

Waiting for all your ideas about this short list :)

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2021 at 6:48 AM Post #29,329 of 31,834
It could be nice if we do a short list of well sounding iems for bass lovers :)

By your suggestions and reviews (by price):

URBANFUN YBF-ISS014
Reecho SG03
Hidizs MS2
Tingker TK300
TForce Yuan Li

TFZ LIVE 3 seems to be a step down, Mele could be a cheeper alternative to Kbear Aurora.

Aria and HE01 May have a place in the list as more neutral choice?

In the cheeper iems range the banned one stand out, don't know about Rt2 and I'm waiting DQ6, maybe NRA/ZEX could be cosidered.

Waiting for all your ideas about this short list :)

Yuan Li actually is not basshead. Quality > quantity for bass.

I forgot a few basshead recommendations:

- If you are a diehard basshead, check out the TFZ lineup. Most of their sets are V shaped bass cannons. But they may be a one trick pony after a while as such.

- The TFZ No. 3 is one of the legit basshead sets, big subbass and bass that can rumble the head. But I found the TFZ No. 3 very hot in the upper mids. Timbre is also awful on that set, so sold it away. TFZ released another version of the No. 3 with a different shell (same internals and same sound), called the TFZ No. 3 19th edition, this set is way cheaper than the usual No. 3, so just get that if you want to try it.

- one of the older TFZs, the TFZ Tequila1, is less V shaped than the No. 3, also bordering on basshead quantities, but less sharp in the upper mids. Tequila1 has a big soundstage due to the open backed design but the technicalities are lacking.

- iBasso IT00. U shaped set with big subbass. Above average timbre/technicalities but has bad driver flex.

Dec 1, 2021 at 7:01 AM Post #29,330 of 31,834
Yuan Li actually is not basshead. Quality > quantity for bass.

I forgot a few basshead recommendations:

- If you are a diehard basshead, check out the TFZ lineup. Most of their sets are V shaped bass cannons. But they may be a one trick pony after a while as such.

- The TFZ No. 3 is one of the legit basshead sets, big subbass and bass that can rumble the head. But I found the TFZ No. 3 very hot in the upper mids. Timbre is also awful on that set, so sold it away. TFZ released another version of the No. 3 with a different shell (same internals and same sound), called the TFZ No. 3 19th edition, this set is way cheaper than the usual No. 3, so just get that if you want to try it.

- one of the older TFZs, the TFZ Tequila1, is less V shaped than the No. 3, also bordering on basshead quantities, but less sharp in the upper mids. Tequila1 has a big soundstage due to the open backed design but the technicalities are lacking.

- iBasso IT00. U shaped set with big subbass. Above average timbre/technicalities but has bad driver flex.
Sorry baskingshark 😁 I've more correctly added: not only basshead 'cos there is the right tread for this :)

Only really well sounding iems with good bass quantity/quality for bass lovers. 👍

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2021 at 7:21 AM Post #29,331 of 31,834
Legacy 2 is very meh. Good tonality, but sub par technicalities for a hybrid and BA timbre is present. It is purported to have a beryllium DD, but the DD sounds worse than some conventional drivers in terms of texturing and quality. For the same configuration but improved timbre and technicalities, the TRI Meteor (which costs thereabouts) is the better choice.

Aria is a single DD with good tonality, timbre and technical performance. One thing is the paint may scratch or bubble off (in forums), my set is okay after a month of use.

Based on your preference for vocals, I'd buy the Aria any day of the week over the Legacy 2, but YMMV.
This is very helpful, thanks.

Dec 1, 2021 at 8:41 AM Post #29,332 of 31,834
graph - 2021-12-01T143551.431.png

KZ ZEX Pro iem of the year? That tuning looks epic.

Dec 1, 2021 at 10:08 AM Post #29,334 of 31,834
I can get Aria and legacy 2 at the same price, which one should I get? I prefer good vocals and technicals.
+1 about L2 being very meh....and tuning is extremely different to Aria. Vocal and bass sure go to aria, as well as soundstage and imaging and timbre and well everything at they end.
TRI Meteor is another good contender when it come to good vocal and technicalities, but bass is on the warm side and not as clean as Aria.

Dec 1, 2021 at 1:09 PM Post #29,335 of 31,834
I don't think IEM is a good formula for too much bass (it messes too much the very small "room"). Its better to invest in a quality sound system
I will agree with you, the greater part of mine low-chifi iems have bloated bass, but you could have same problems with the speakers, only a few are really well sounding.

Thick deep fast bass are really difficult to reproduce expecially if you go deep under 30hz. Infinite baffle or close speakers are the easier way to obtain this sound, but it's hard go so deep.
(I've done a tons of projects for my new self made speakers and I haven't again choose any of them 🤔😎😂).

Maybe the "small" room could help in this.😉

I agree with you about the quality of the reproduction chain. 👍

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2021 at 1:18 PM Post #29,336 of 31,834
Dec 2, 2021 at 7:59 AM Post #29,337 of 31,834
11.11 orders arrived today.
Haafee HA09 portable amp, Reecho SG01 and Heart mirror. (Plus a few cables, tips, adaptors etc).
Meant to be Christmas presents from my wife to me, but then black friday itch happened and more is on its way.
As Heart mirror looks so similar to my Tripowin TC01 I decided to sneak that one early!
Initial impressions are pretty positive. Not as bright sounding as I feared.

Dec 2, 2021 at 11:13 AM Post #29,338 of 31,834
I have been revisiting the CCA NRA and Geek Wold GK10. I have them connected to an MP3 player with a double output and amplified by a Topping NX1a. This way I can compare them directly. The GK10 has the stock tips and a TRI Through cable and the NRA has KZ Starlines and the 8 core Geek Wold GK10's cable.

The NRA is more forward with a deep bass from the triple magnetic driver, a prominent midrange and a crisp bright treble with good detail but an occasional unnatural timbre. The overall profile is W shaped with an exciting energetic delivery.

The GK10 is more laid back with a larger soundstage and a more natural treble but the mids are a little more recessed. The GK10 bass is more textured and the treble extension is more noticeable. The mids have good timbre, with the lower region warmer from the bass influence and gradually becoming brighter with frequency. The integration of the five drivers is very well done.

I am ambivalent about these, as I prefer the NRA on some material and the GK10 on others. A very interesting comparison.

Dec 2, 2021 at 12:42 PM Post #29,339 of 31,834
graph - 2021-12-01T143551.431.png

KZ ZEX Pro iem of the year? That tuning looks epic.

I decided to wait, as it's always a hit or miss on KZ new releases.

Graph looks very decent. I was wondering if they simply added a 30095 BA which might cause upper range overkill. Will it surpass DQ6 on the pecking order?

It'll be awesome if more colorways released by Christmas (I preferred Grey on KZ metal faceplate).

Dec 2, 2021 at 12:56 PM Post #29,340 of 31,834
11.11 orders arrived today.
Haafee HA09 portable amp, Reecho SG01 and Heart mirror. (Plus a few cables, tips, adaptors etc).
Meant to be Christmas presents from my wife to me, but then black friday itch happened and more is on its way.
As Heart mirror looks so similar to my Tripowin TC01 I decided to sneak that one early!
Initial impressions are pretty positive. Not as bright sounding as I feared.
You'll really like reecho sg-01. Mine also arrived some time ago. I didn't have the opportunity to share first impressions and then I forget.

What I really say about sg-01 is that it's new competitor on $40 level. It can really compete with Aria IMHO. Good amount of clean lows along with extensive treble. It has really good resolution. Great build and comes with really good accessories.
20211202_185458.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back