CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 30, 2021 at 5:14 PM Post #29,311 of 31,834
TBH there are not many cable down IEMs (most are over ears) and there are very few "flat signature with deep subbass" at the budget segment. Most stuff are tuned harmanish or V shaped for consumer preferences. So your 2 criteria would probably be hard to fulfil. I can't think of any other IEM at below $100 that is neutral with subbass boost (and that can be worn cable down). That kind of tuning is usually seen in the higher end market.

The IEM you mentioned has quite good soundstage and technical performance, but the timbral accuracy for that set is bad. I had bought 2 sets of that, but sold them away cause of the timbre.

If you want something with big subbass with good technicalities, maybe read about the Urbanfun YBF-ISS014. It has very textured and deep bass, but there are QC issues (due to wonky MMCX or driver doubt), so best to buy it from somewhere with a robust returns policy. Also the Urbanfun is V shaped, so the mids are recessed.

Hope the others can suggest something appropriate, but neutral with subbass boost + cable down at < $100 USD is gonna be a search for a needle in a haystack. You might need to compromise on some criteria TBH.
Very interesting your replay.baskingshark 👍

Now I'll really like to know some iems with the Urbanfun YBF-ISS014 bass/subbass but more airy, better mids and trebles estension but not shouty. :)

Nov 30, 2021 at 6:24 PM Post #29,312 of 31,834
It's a good habit if you have place. I also keep all the boxes, all accessories, bags, packages etc. Thanks to that, I can sell them easily when I want. When it comes to Chi-Fi IEMs, it's not that easy to sell or they don't go that quick at least like the mainstream brands like Sony, Sennheiser etc. Takes some time to find a buyer. Having it with all the pacakage is great advantage. People buying my headphones from me usually surprised that it has been used for months.
Oh, you fancy your stuff enh With gloves and delicate hands enh :wink:
I'm not and this Mirror finish fashion begin to be annoying when it come to keeping pristine your IEM look!

Anyway, i dont sale my stuffs so its perhaps the problem here...well, 95% of my stuffs.

And your right....Chifi stuffs is niche and still not very known by the mass and even die hard (snobbish?) audiophile...but hey, FIOO kinda open the door...its findable in my Best buys...still, i cant imagine somebody typing BQEYZ on Ebay for ex lol

Their some brand that can easily get credibility from demanding western consumers, like Moondrop with their fancy (waifu) package, Seeaudio (again waifu), Tanchjimm (again again waifu) hum....if i think abotu it, westerner not being very waifu i think its niche again!

Nov 30, 2021 at 6:33 PM Post #29,313 of 31,834
Very interesting your replay.baskingshark 👍

Now I'll really like to know some iems with the Urbanfun YBF-ISS014 bass/subbass but more airy, better mids and trebles estension but not shouty. :)
Not sure why but the one comes to my mind is T-Force YuanLi. I think the metalic shell connect the two in my mind.:smile:

But it is a good neutral ish with bass boost, great mids, good treble, and smooth.
Its a bit lacking on the both extreme side (subbass and upper treble) of things to get that smoothness tough.

Dec 1, 2021 at 12:30 AM Post #29,314 of 31,834
Not sure why but the one comes to my mind is T-Force YuanLi. I think the metalic shell connect the two in my mind.:smile:

But it is a good neutral ish with bass boost, great mids, good treble, and smooth.
Its a bit lacking on the both extreme side (subbass and upper treble) of things to get that smoothness tough.
Thank's r31ya 👍 I've seen the frequency response, very interesting!
32 ohms a dongle Is enough to drive them?

I've the d*6 (banned?) and I like it, something more technical could be my cup of tea :)

I've Schozy Form 1.1 on the way 😎😁

Dec 1, 2021 at 12:39 AM Post #29,315 of 31,834
Thank's r31ya 👍 I've seen the frequency response, very interesting!
32 ohms a dongle Is enough to drive them?

I've the d*6 (banned?) and I like it, something more technical could be my cup of tea :)

I've Schozy Form 1.1 on the way 😎😁

You can use this nifty calculation tool to see how much power you need for a given sensitivity/impedance:
https://www.headphonesty.com/headphone-power-calculator/

It is not only the impedance that matters, but the sensitivity, when it comes to source pairing.

FWIW, the TForce Yuan Li can be driven from lower powered sources, but they scale tremendously with amping. In fact, you won’t do the sound justice without an amp, as soundstage, dynamics, micro-details and bass tightness all improve when the Yuan Li are amplified. Some other competitors may sound better than the Yuan Li when it isn't amped eg Moondrop Aria, Whizzer HE01.

Dec 1, 2021 at 3:35 AM Post #29,316 of 31,834
You can use this nifty calculation tool to see how much power you need for a given sensitivity/impedance:
https://www.headphonesty.com/headphone-power-calculator/

It is not only the impedance that matters, but the sensitivity, when it comes to source pairing.

FWIW, the TForce Yuan Li can be driven from lower powered sources, but they scale tremendously with amping. In fact, you won’t do the sound justice without an amp, as soundstage, dynamics, micro-details and bass tightness all improve when the Yuan Li are amplified. Some other competitors may sound better than the Yuan Li when it isn't amped eg Moondrop Aria, Whizzer HE01.
Very helpfull.....Thank's a lot!

With PC I use and ampli/dac and dongle with phone (cs31993).

Next month probably I'll buy an Heart Mirror, all you more experienced forumer speak to well about it, but I suspect HE01 suit better my taste.😁

Honestly in my body pulse a basshead heart 😂😂

Solid deep strong fast bass/subbass, natural timbral correct detailed mids and airy revealing not sibilant/pearcing highs are my dream.....maybe not only mine??? 🤔🤔😂😂

Dec 1, 2021 at 3:39 AM Post #29,317 of 31,834

Next month probably I'll buy an Heart Mirror, all you more experienced forumer speak to well about it, but I suspect HE01 suit better my taste.😁

Solid deep strong fast bass/subbass, natural timbral correct detailed mids and airy revealing not sibilant/pearcing highs are my dream.....maybe not only mine??? 🤔🤔😂😂

The question between Aria vs HE01 is about what bass you prefer :) To me, HE01 has more mid bass. While Aria has more sub bass, & the quality of bass as a whole is better.

Dec 1, 2021 at 3:59 AM Post #29,318 of 31,834
The question between Aria vs HE01 is about what bass you prefer :) To me, HE01 has more mid bass. While Aria has more sub bass, & the quality of bass as a whole is better.
Uhmmm....nice replay, you made me think 😉👍 since I can't hear them I have to trust all your experience.

About neutralish iems, I've in my radar Heart Mirror, Aria and HE01 by long time, but I'm always afraid them don't have enough bass for my taste.

My last 11/11 buy are Schozy Form 1.1, C12 and DQ6, in my radar there are also Revonext Qt2 and Mele. It easy understand my taste 😁.
Any way I can't continue to collect pokemons that are more or less the same quality.

All my iems are nice and fun but I need something better now :)

Dec 1, 2021 at 4:11 AM Post #29,319 of 31,834

If you are basshead, best to avoid the Heart Mirror, which goes for bass quality over quantity. The bass is very tight and fast but the quantity is lacking (neutral bass quantity).

Agree with @redguardsoldier that Aria has more subbass, whereas HE01 has more midbass. Both of these have bass north of neutral, I would consider them as sidegrades actually, they have good technicalities and timbre and tonality, but they are not true basshead sets.

At the $100 region, a basshead set to read about is the Tingker TK300. V shaped with textured bass that goes deep. Above average timbre and technicalities. Only thing is the fit is a bit uncomfortable for myself and isolation is bad.

Another possible consideration is the KBEAR Aurora, this set is like an upgraded BLON BL-03. It is harmanish with good timbre and tonality, but not the best technical performance (still much better than BLON BL-03 in every department though). Not a basshead set, but the mids are very thick and lush.

Dec 1, 2021 at 5:03 AM Post #29,320 of 31,834
If you are basshead, best to avoid the Heart Mirror, which goes for bass quality over quantity. The bass is very tight and fast but the quantity is lacking (neutral bass quantity).

Agree with @redguardsoldier that Aria has more subbass, whereas HE01 has more midbass. Both of these have bass north of neutral, I would consider them as sidegrades actually, they have good technicalities and timbre and tonality, but they are not true basshead sets.

At the $100 region, a basshead set to read about is the Tingker TK300. V shaped with textured bass that goes deep. Above average timbre and technicalities. Only thing is the fit is a bit uncomfortable for myself and isolation is bad.

Another possible consideration is the KBEAR Aurora, this set is like an upgraded BLON BL-03. It is harmanish with good timbre and tonality, but not the best technical performance (still much better than BLON BL-03 in every department though). Not a basshead set, but the mids are very thick and lush.
Thank's baskingshark! 👍

I've get a look to the Tingker TK300 response curve, V shaped with big subbass and bass boost, more highs boost then the Yuang Li and Urbanfun that are boot more linear/harmanish.

I've seen you ave all them (looking at your collection your tastes are near mine 😉😁) May you do a comparison between them?

About Aurora...maybe Mele could be a good alternative, boot are BL03 upgrade?

Thank's again!

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2021 at 5:48 AM Post #29,321 of 31,834
Thank's baskingshark! 👍

I've get a look to the Tingker TK300 response curve, V shaped with big subbass and bass boost, more highs boost then the Yuang Li and Urbanfun that are boot more linear/harmanish.

I've seen you ave all them (looking at your collection your tastes are near mine 😉😁) May you do a comparison between them?

About Aurora...maybe Mele could be a good alternative, boot are BL03 upgrade?

Thank's again!

Haven't heard the Mele so can't comment.

Urbanfun YBF-ISS014 is V shaped, has big subbass that is very textured. Mids are recessed, so not for mid lovers. Technical performance is actually very good on the Urbanfun for a budget single DD. But the Urbanfun has crap QC for their MMCX, and there is a driver doubt (some come with beryllium drivers which give the nice subbass, some come with noble metal drivers which sound different). If you wanna buy the Urbanfun, better get it from somewhere with a good returns policy, in case a lemon comes.

The Yuan Li is more balanced, U shaped tuning, with bass just a bit north of neutral (it is not basshead). The subbass isn't too extended, but the bass quality is above average. Yuan Li needs amping, sounds meh without amplification. Yuan Li also has a small soundstage, but the other technical aspects are good for a single DD. Timbre is also organic.

So perhaps the Yuan Li and Urbanfun are complementary rather than competing.

Dec 1, 2021 at 5:48 AM Post #29,322 of 31,834

You and baskingshark have similar opinion about this two iems.
I've to try one...maybe buy boot 😂

In my experience neutral iems are perfect for live professional monitoring...but music reproduction need more life for my taste.

I'm a rock guitarist and I've recorded some techno trance tracks in the early 2000, the real bass aren't neutral, electronic absolutely not....so to may have a fun listening I like U shaped/harmanish iems with the better technicalities and thickness as possible, speed transient are very important too.

Obvliously thicker fast bass/subbass are way more better then bloated mids invading one and if them are "fisical" too I'm really happy 😉😂

Dec 1, 2021 at 5:55 AM Post #29,323 of 31,834
I recall that Reecho SG03 got some good reviews for it's bass, so maybe one to consider

Dec 1, 2021 at 5:58 AM Post #29,324 of 31,834
Haven't heard the Mele so can't comment.

Urbanfun YBF-ISS014 is V shaped, has big subbass that is very textured. Mids are recessed, so not for mid lovers. Technical performance is actually very good on the Urbanfun for a budget single DD. But the Urbanfun has crap QC for their MMCX, and there is a driver doubt (some come with beryllium drivers which give the nice subbass, some come with noble metal drivers which sound different). If you wanna buy the Urbanfun, better get it from somewhere with a good returns policy, in case a lemon comes.

The Yuan Li is more balanced, U shaped tuning, with bass just a bit north of neutral (it is not basshead). The subbass isn't too extended, but the bass quality is above average. Yuan Li needs amping, sounds meh without amplification. Yuan Li also has a small soundstage, but the other technical aspects are good for a single DD. Timbre is also organic.

So perhaps the Yuan Li and Urbanfun are complementary rather than competing.
Great!!

Now seems there is a new Urbanfun version with white box, berillium drivers at the UF Audio Store on AliExpress.

Dec 1, 2021 at 6:09 AM Post #29,325 of 31,834
I recall that Reecho SG03 got some good reviews for it's bass, so maybe one to consider
Really good suggestion!! Put It immidiatly in my list. Thank's :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back