CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Dec 5, 2021 at 11:23 PM Post #29,372 of 31,834
Very interesting your advice about the ZSX 😉.

In my radar there are the Revonext QT2, Reecho SG03 and Tingker TK300, I'll add the ZSX.

I like fat, deep, thick bass :)

Big thick bass?

Check out the TFZ no. 3 (or there is a cheaper version of it called the TFZ no. 3 19th edition, which has the same internals and sound, just the shell looks different). This is a V shaped set with massive jaw rattling bass that no basshead can refuse. But ultimately, I sold my TFZ no. 3 away as the upper mids were hot at louder volumes (fletcher munson curve), and it had bad timbre and a narrow soundstage, so kind of a one trick pony, as it only shined for bass forward genres like EDM.

Tingker TK300 has quite good bass quality and quantity, also V shaped. Not too shabby in technicalities too, but the fit was a bit uncomfortable for me.

Urbanfun YBF-ISS 014 has big subbass > midbass (when amped), good technicalities and soundstage for a single DD. Bass is very textured. I would have recommended it more but for the crap QC. A lot of forum people and friends (my set too) have bad MMCX. And it has driver doubt too (some urbanfuns are not using the beryllium drivers that give the great bass, but are using a lame "noble metal" driver that sounds different).
The urbanfun was also selling originally at $39 USD, then when it was hyped to the moon, the sellers went to do a price gouge and up it to $60+ USD. Please buy it from a place with good returns policy in case a defective MMCX/noble metal driver version comes in the mail. Very sad that this set's good sound is overshadowed by driver doubts and rubbish QC.

Dec 6, 2021 at 12:35 AM Post #29,373 of 31,834
Big thick bass?

Check out the TFZ no. 3 (or there is a cheaper version of it called the TFZ no. 3 19th edition, which has the same internals and sound, just the shell looks different). This is a V shaped set with massive jaw rattling bass that no basshead can refuse. But ultimately, I sold my TFZ no. 3 away as the upper mids were hot at louder volumes (fletcher munson curve), and it had bad timbre and a narrow soundstage, so kind of a one trick pony, as it only shined for bass forward genres like EDM.

Tingker TK300 has quite good bass quality and quantity, also V shaped. Not too shabby in technicalities too, but the fit was a bit uncomfortable for me.

Urbanfun YBF-ISS 014 has big subbass > midbass (when amped), good technicalities and soundstage for a single DD. Bass is very textured. I would have recommended it more but for the crap QC. A lot of forum people and friends (my set too) have bad MMCX. And it has driver doubt too (some urbanfuns are not using the beryllium drivers that give the great bass, but are using a lame "noble metal" driver that sounds different).
The urbanfun was also selling originally at $39 USD, then when it was hyped to the moon, the sellers went to do a price gouge and up it to $60+ USD. Please buy it from a place with good returns policy in case a defective MMCX/noble metal driver version comes in the mail. Very sad that this set's good sound is overshadowed by driver doubts and rubbish QC.
Thank's baskingshark 👍

TFZ no.3 isn't in my list for the same cons you explain 😉
I like right timbre. My Shozy are again burn in and I hope something change in better 'cos timbre are not perfect by now.
As ex. Angus Young SG sound to tin.

Now UF store at AliExpress is selling a YBF-ISS 014 correct version with berillium drivers. :)

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2021 at 12:58 AM Post #29,374 of 31,834
Thank's baskingshark 👍

TFZ no.3 isn't in my list for the same cons you explain 😉
I like right timbre. My Shozy are again burn in and I hope something change in better 'cos timbre are not perfect by now.
As ex. Angus Young SG sound to tin.

Now UF store at AliExpress is selling a YBF-ISS 014 correct version with berillium drivers. :)

If u can top up a bit more, the IKKO OH10 is also a nice basshead V shaped set, good technical performance. I auditioned it a few months back, sound is good, but the shells are big and heavy, it gave me discomfort so I skipped purchasing it. I see it around $130ish on Drop/Ali sales sometimes. This one might be an upgrade compared to the others I mentioned, though a caveat is you might wanna try it first to see if the fit is okay.

Dec 6, 2021 at 1:30 AM Post #29,375 of 31,834
Now UF store at AliExpress is selling a YBF-ISS 014 correct version with berillium drivers
I bought YBF when it was at the peak of hype and the right piece did not work after a week of use.
The UF store at Aliexpress offered to replace it and I did not need to return the defective one.
It is good customer service I would say.

Dec 6, 2021 at 3:28 AM Post #29,376 of 31,834
If u can top up a bit more, the IKKO OH10 is also a nice basshead V shaped set, good technical performance. I auditioned it a few months back, sound is good, but the shells are big and heavy, it gave me discomfort so I skipped purchasing it. I see it around $130ish on Drop/Ali sales sometimes. This one might be an upgrade compared to the others I mentioned, though a caveat is you might wanna try it first to see if the fit is okay.
Great suggestion 👍

Now the lowest price Is € 163 on AliExpress, I will try them before buy like as you say 😉😁

This forum sharing the community experiences is precious to chose an iem, I may say all the iems I've buyed looking at yours suggestions and reviews are all less or more very good.

Thank's to all! :)

Dec 6, 2021 at 5:55 AM Post #29,377 of 31,834
Just gonna throw my personal opinion out there: Blon 03 > KZ DQ6
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Note, that my Blon is modded (removed mesh+some stuff in the nozzle) and my DQ6 isn't modded (yet), but so far that's my definite opinion.
I kinda like the fast bass of the DQ6, but somehow Blon just sounds much more natural and musical to my ears. The mids also feel more pleasant on Blon. Highs are definitely different on them both, but I gotta stick smth into the DQ6 nozzle before making judgement on that (too peaky for my taste)

Dec 6, 2021 at 12:19 PM Post #29,378 of 31,834
Very interesting your advice about the ZSX 😉.

In my radar there are the Revonext QT2, Reecho SG03 and Tingker TK300, I'll add the ZSX.

I like fat, deep, thick bass :)
My most bassy iem is the trn V60. Not sure if it's still available. The revonext qt2 is a close 2nd. Both of them have two dynamic drivers. The v60 is a bit too much sometimes. My kz ba10 is currently my endgame it has slightly less bass than those two but not by by much. I love it's tuning.

Quick comparison the qt2 has a bit more in the 10khz area than the ba10. and snare drums have too much decay in them. Bass has slightly more slam. My main music genres are goth, new wave and dark wave. So I like quite a lot of bass. The v60 aren't very detailed in the bass however as it is too wooly.

Dec 6, 2021 at 2:37 PM Post #29,379 of 31,834
My most bassy iem is the trn V60. Not sure if it's still available. The revonext qt2 is a close 2nd. Both of them have two dynamic drivers. The v60 is a bit too much sometimes. My kz ba10 is currently my endgame it has slightly less bass than those two but not by by much. I love it's tuning.

Quick comparison the qt2 has a bit more in the 10khz area than the ba10. and snare drums have too much decay in them. Bass has slightly more slam. My main music genres are goth, new wave and dark wave. So I like quite a lot of bass. The v60 aren't very detailed in the bass however as it is too wooly.
Thank's Sebulr!

Nice and helpfull your comparison between Qt2 and Ba10. My only dubt about Ba10 Is the shape, are you find It confortable?

I ear any kind of music, all rock genre, electronic, classical and ambient jazz too. :)

V60 is no more avalable, I've the V90 that has thick bass but not so strong, well sounding and could appeal all that prefear v shaped iems with not invasive bass. Imo.
(Many say It has strong bass, maybe my old ears can't ear them 😉😁)

Last edited:
Dec 6, 2021 at 3:42 PM Post #29,380 of 31,834
Just gonna throw my personal opinion out there: Blon 03 > KZ DQ6
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Note, that my Blon is modded (removed mesh+some stuff in the nozzle) and my DQ6 isn't modded (yet), but so far that's my definite opinion.
I kinda like the fast bass of the DQ6, but somehow Blon just sounds much more natural and musical to my ears. The mids also feel more pleasant on Blon. Highs are definitely different on them both, but I gotta stick smth into the DQ6 nozzle before making judgement on that (too peaky for my taste)
Forgot to mention, the DQ6 are great for watching movies 😹 like really good for that. Idk why

Dec 6, 2021 at 6:41 PM Post #29,381 of 31,834
Thank's Sebulr!

Nice and helpfull your comparison between Qt2 and Ba10. My only dubt about Ba10 Is the shape, are you find It confortable?

I ear any kind of music, all rock genre, electronic, classical and ambient jazz too. :)

V60 is no more avalable, I've the V90 that has thick bass but not so strong, well sounding and could appeal all that prefear v shaped iems with not invasive bass. Imo.
(Many say It has strong bass, maybe my old ears can't ear them 😉😁)
The ba10 fits me quite well, but take that with a pinch of salt, I have cavernous ear holes. I take a XL 14.5mm tip for most shallow fitting Iems. I can even fit the original zs10 in my ears quite comfortably, they do stick out a bit however.

Dec 6, 2021 at 11:37 PM Post #29,382 of 31,834
You know those in-ears they sell at Dollar Tree? I decided to buy a pair for poops and giggles today to see how well they'd take to EQ. It turns out that they use very similar drivers to the Sonic earphones listed in Crinacle's database. They have the same exact massive peak at 600Hz followed by the huge dip at 2000Hz. I used AutoEQ's results and...well, they still sound bad. It seems the Dollar Tree in-ears are completely incapable of generating a seal with any pair of eartips I put on. However, by closing my hands completely over my ears, I did create somewhat of a seal and they actually did sound fairly accurate. The biggest problem seemed to be a bad channel imbalance at 1750Hz with some kind of IMD going on. It played a non-harmonic tone much higher in frequency in the left channel.

Why am I telling you all this? I don't know, but it was a fun experiment.

Dec 7, 2021 at 2:01 AM Post #29,384 of 31,834
You know those in-ears they sell at Dollar Tree? I decided to buy a pair for poops and giggles today to see how well they'd take to EQ. It turns out that they use very similar drivers to the Sonic earphones listed in Crinacle's database. They have the same exact massive peak at 600Hz followed by the huge dip at 2000Hz. I used AutoEQ's results and...well, they still sound bad. It seems the Dollar Tree in-ears are completely incapable of generating a seal with any pair of eartips I put on. However, by closing my hands completely over my ears, I did create somewhat of a seal and they actually did sound fairly accurate. The biggest problem seemed to be a bad channel imbalance at 1750Hz with some kind of IMD going on. It played a non-harmonic tone much higher in frequency in the left channel.

Why am I telling you all this? I don't know, but it was a fun experiment.
What the f*ck happen with that graph? a middle mountain

Trying out unknown cheapo is pretty fun. Local IEM store owner have that as a hobby while hunting for good stuff for his store. Once in a while he showed me the good result and i got to hear decent sub $10 from non dedicated iem brands.

Dec 7, 2021 at 2:05 AM Post #29,385 of 31,834

Users who are viewing this thread

Back