CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 10, 2021 at 12:15 PM Post #29,161 of 31,833
Nov 10, 2021 at 1:41 PM Post #29,162 of 31,833
Hi NymPHONOmaniac nice replay 👍

So I'll may go for Aria and safe the money of the HE01 for better choice.

In my end low chifi wish list there are:
KZ DQ6 (added thank's to r31ya and RikudouGoku)
CCA C12
HZSOUND Heart Mirror
Revonext QT2
Tripowin Mele
Shozy Form 1.1
Whizzer HE01
Moondrop Aria
(Bqeyz kc2/KB100 maybe could be a plus)

Kz zex and CCZ Emerald are on the way and I'll may share a comparison with Cca Nra and Melody when them Will be at home. :)

After these I think I may look for mid chifi iem for better performance.

HZsound Mirror is surely the best technically from this bunch, but not the most appealing tonaly for the mass....i think you say you need some bass, so HZM isn't perhaps enough boosted for you, but well amped it can be very impressive in speed and extension. My grip about Aria is it lack some punch for kick drum to be properly presented, but it doesnt lack slam, rumble or extension. From what i read, its a hate-love kinda IEM, i'm from the Love crownd.

HE01 is more brightish V shape than those 2, timbre is thick and well textured and tonality is energic and punchy....it's very similar to NFaudio NM2+ for half the price.

KC2 is mid centric with good mid bass punch, but have a colored tonality that is again hate-love affair due to slightly dark treble.

And now...DQ6 begin to dangerously intrigue me too! Only 3DD IEM i heard is the UM 3DT which i love but find overpriced.

Nov 10, 2021 at 3:07 PM Post #29,163 of 31,833
FINAL E1000 is already a crazy bargain at 30$....but daaaamn....check this out, 10$ for refurbished E1000 and other incredible deals on Final IEM!

E2K E3K A3K A4K etc are on sale too.

Can't go cheaper than this imo
https://www.hifiheadphones.co.uk/co...McBPf3_kvfwtP0ld87qJdK4Kwdd_SH8oFSXPPYK0KlWrY
Wow, that actually looks amazing. I've been wanting to get my hands on some of those sweet Final Type E tips that everyone talks so fondly of (they come with the E1000, right?) and one of their earphones for years (no joke). If they ship to my country (and I'm not sure they do, didn't find it in their list.. 😅), then I'm definitely getting those, even tho I can't really afford them atm 😹

Edit: yeah.. they don't ship to my country.. why am I not surprised :|
My disappointment is immeasurable, and my day is ruined

Last edited:
Nov 10, 2021 at 3:22 PM Post #29,164 of 31,833
The filter has glue on it. Just use a tweezer and stack them and they will stick.
Hey. Do you think this would work instead of the Tanya filters? Basically I ordered the DQ6 a few days ago for just $12 (had a great coupon) and, based on reviews, I'm pretty sure I'll want to tame the highs a bit. But I don't have the Tanya, and I don't intend on getting it (would consider if the cable was changeable).. I ordered those "tuning filters" a few months ago (haven't received them yet :/..) in advance, planning to use them for a bass vent mod for HZSound Heart Mirrors, when/if I ever buy them (I'm waiting for a good deal, hoping for Black Friday)..
And in case those tuning filters don't work (or I don't receive them.. have been shipped quite some time ago..), is the DQ6 filter removable? Would I be able to remove it and just stick in some rolled up dried wet wipes (that's what I did with my Blon 03 after changing the stock filter to a simple metal one (Slaters mod))?

Nov 10, 2021 at 3:24 PM Post #29,165 of 31,833
Do you think this would work instead of the Tanya filters?
No idea tbh.

I am using this instead (better and cheaper), the high-density version:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002711483821.html
Just remove the stock mesh and put it in.
graph - 2021-11-10T212525.248.png

Would I be able to remove it and just stick in some rolled up dried wet wipes (that's what I did with my Blon 03 after changing the stock filter to a simple metal one (Slaters mod))?
I guess it could work. (mesh is removable.)

Nov 10, 2021 at 3:26 PM Post #29,166 of 31,833
And a question for everyone: does anyone have (has anyone had) Philips SHE3855? I believe they sounded quite decent (very calm and non fatiguing), but mine broke a long time ago (terrible non removable cable).
But I'm still using and treasuring those ear tips!!! Idk what's so good about them. They have a very wide nozzle, so they don't fit many earphones, but they are SO COMFORTABLE. Better (to my ears) than SpinFits even.. so basically what I'm asking is.. does anyone know where I could get similar tips? :)

Nov 10, 2021 at 8:44 PM Post #29,167 of 31,833
HZsound Mirror is surely the best technically from this bunch, but not the most appealing tonaly for the mass....i think you say you need some bass, so HZM isn't perhaps enough boosted for you, but well amped it can be very impressive in speed and extension. My grip about Aria is it lack some punch for kick drum to be properly presented, but it doesnt lack slam, rumble or extension. From what i read, its a hate-love kinda IEM, i'm from the Love crownd.

HE01 is more brightish V shape than those 2, timbre is thick and well textured and tonality is energic and punchy....it's very similar to NFaudio NM2+ for half the price.

KC2 is mid centric with good mid bass punch, but have a colored tonality that is again hate-love affair due to slightly dark treble.

And now...DQ6 begin to dangerously intrigue me too! Only 3DD IEM i heard is the UM 3DT which i love but find overpriced.
I was also tempted by KZ DQ6, ASF, and BA10 as they're all available for $20. Frankly the only KZs I got were ZS7 and EDX, I was impressed by ZS7 but not so much with EDX.

DQ6 seem to be getting more positive reviews, and ASF is the worst of bunch. The biggest issue for me is the size really. Smabat Black Bat is pretty much the limit for me in terms of comfort. Good isolation but too tight after hours of wear. I end up leaving BA10 in my cart right now because of it. Not that they look comfortable, at least there's some breathing room.

Nov 11, 2021 at 11:09 AM Post #29,169 of 31,833
When using IEM, I have been using ER2SE for serious listening and KZ ZSR for casual listening.
Decided to upgrade KZ ZSR during the 11.11 sales.

It's my first time ordering IEM from China (Aliexpess - Shenzen audio). So I went with budget options (less than $150).
Following IEMs were in consideration:

Moondrop Aria
Moondrop Starfield
Thieaudio Legacy 2
Tripowin x HBB Mele
HZsound Mirror
TANCHJIM HANA

Ended up going with Moondrop Aria for few reasons.
1. Moondrop have IEMs that I want to try (Kato, Blessing 2), so trying out their lower model to see the fit, etc.
2. My general preference is neutral(ish) (HD 560s, ER2SE), Aria seems to be closer to Harmon target (similar to Galaxy Buds Plus), which should be fine but wouldn't want any more bass than that.
3. Really like the look of Aria. Fingers cross, it won't have the paint bubble issue that I have read on various sites. :pray:

Hopefully, the whole process turns out good because there are more IEMs from China that I want to try in the future. Timeless, Kato, Blessing 2, etc.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2021 at 11:55 AM Post #29,173 of 31,833
Any earbud recommendations apart of good old allmighty monk plus? Can't really use IEM due to my ear situations.
Yincrow X6
Faaeal Iris 2.0

K´s LBBS
Smabat M2S Pro
Yincrow RW-2000

Moondrop Chaconne

Nov 11, 2021 at 12:00 PM Post #29,175 of 31,833
thanks a lot mate, can you compare them really basically to the monk+ ?
like for example "more bass, less treble, better clarity" etc.?
Take a look at my database.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back