CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 8, 2021 at 10:38 AM Post #29,146 of 31,833
Surprised to see not much has changed compared to usual suspects from last year. I'm trying to resist buying more IEMs for obvious reasons. Though I'll recommend everyone getting TRN BT20s Pro. Their price will be less than $25 (prior coupon) on 11.11, which is why I'm getting a second pair. They were pretty good, except their ear hooks were too soft for my liking YMMV. It's a steal.

What is your take on getting sets like KZ BA10 nowadays? We all know the best value often comes from the items once priced. Is it a good time to shot on them for 20 bucks. I enjoyed ZS7 BTW, but the size of BA10 raised concerns on fits. I actually like boxy design on everything lol. (For audio reference, I found Galaxy buds+, Tin T-series Bass light, mt300 could used more depth, and Blon lacking technicality.)
Unfortunately i didnt hear this one....but at this price, it sure look like a steal!
I did hear the TRN BA5 and enjoy it for its imaging and attack speed and find it well balanced enough but short on bass extension and treble decay. they are 35$

looking at the graph, BA10 seem even better.(bassier and less peaky)
BA5.jpg
BA10.jpg

Nov 9, 2021 at 6:25 AM Post #29,147 of 31,833
Your right, lowest price I see for HZM is 40$....but perhaps they're a way to get extra discount and coupons...
Other good bargain imo are:
BQEYZ KC2 for 30$
BLON BL03 for 20$
KBear KB04 for 18$
Tanchjim Tanya for 18$
Whizzer HE01 for 65$
Tinhifi T2 for 30$
Seeaudio Yume for 150$
Moondrop Aria for 68$
Tri I3Pro for 148$
KBear Aurora for 130$

(again, you can surely lower the price with coupons and stuffs!)
11.11 is here. Thank's for sharing your list. :)

CCA C12 are just in my basket....(I like C10 and NRA) and though It is more all rounder then CA16.

On the neutral side all your choices are good (KC2, Aria, HZM)

As you know I like good deep bass airy no pearcing high....in my radar there are:
Revonext QT2 (no discount) and Shozy Form 1.1, alternatives Jade Audio EA3 or....
Whizzer HE01 maybe more neutral and refined.
Which two are the best choice for my taste?

(I'm looking to increase the quality of my Pokémon collection)😂😂

All headfiers suggestions are welcome 👍

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2021 at 9:36 AM Post #29,148 of 31,833
What's a good sub-50$ IEM I can pick up during 11/11 (not the BL03, which I already own)? I mostly listen to 70s/80s pop/rock

Nov 9, 2021 at 9:39 AM Post #29,149 of 31,833
What's a good sub-50$ IEM I can pick up during 11/11 (not the BL03, which I already own)? I mostly listen to 70s/80s pop/rock
KZ DQ6 and the Tanchjim Tanya.
(you might want to use the replacement filters that come with the Tanya on the DQ6.)

Nov 9, 2021 at 10:02 AM Post #29,150 of 31,833
11.11 is here. Thank's for sharing your list. :)

CCA C12 are just in my basket....(I like C10 and NRA) and though It is more all rounder then CA16.

On the neutral side all your choices are good (KC2, Aria, HZM)

As you know I like good deep bass airy no pearcing high....in my radar there are:
Revonext QT2 (no discount) and Shozy Form 1.1, alternatives Jade Audio EA3 or....
Whizzer HE01 maybe more neutral and refined.
Which two are the best choice for my taste?

(I'm looking to increase the quality of my Pokémon collection)😂😂

All headfiers suggestions are welcome 👍
I would say Moondrop Aria for deep bass+delicate airy treble. At 68$ you can't go wrong imo

HE01 is short on extension but quite hefty in mid bass impact, it's not super refined and clarity is poorer than Aria (imaging is muddy)

TRI I3Pro might be a good bet too...but the price is a bit high. Bass is warm with good slam, mids are to die for, treble is detailed but smooth

Nov 9, 2021 at 10:13 AM Post #29,151 of 31,833
IEMs with deep bass airy no piercing high? Trip Mele would be in your area.
It has slammier bass than Aria, good male vocals, but less sparkly treble.
---
Also seconding KZ DQ6 and Tanchjim Tanya for under $30 rec.
DQ6 for Textured bass, multi driver goodness and Tanya for musical full bodied vocals.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2021 at 10:51 AM Post #29,152 of 31,833
IEMs with deep bass airy no piercing high? Trip Mele would be in your area.
It has slammier bass than Aria, good male vocals, but less sparkly treble.
---
Also seconding KZ DQ6 and Tanchjim Tanya for under $30 rec.
DQ6 for Textured bass, multi driver goodness and Tanya for musical full bodied vocals.
Thank's for replay.

I've Tanya and love it.

Mele Is in my list but there are no discount and having the Blon BL3 I could wait to buy It and I've choose the QT2 first.

About DQ6 all reviewers speak about 7k peak and need modding so I'm esitant about It also if all say it's very good and I may add It to my collection :)

Nov 9, 2021 at 11:05 AM Post #29,153 of 31,833
Thank's for replay.

I've Tanya and love it.

Mele Is in my list but there are no discount and having the Blon BL3 I could wait to buy It and I've choose the QT2 first.

About DQ6 all reviewers speak about 7k peak and need modding so I'm esitant about It also if all say it's very good and I may add It to my collection :)
The "mod" is pretty simple, it use filter that you already got from your Tanya and put it on the DQ6 nozzle.
Should be a decent experimentation.

Nov 9, 2021 at 11:20 AM Post #29,154 of 31,833
I would say Moondrop Aria for deep bass+delicate airy treble. At 68$ you can't go wrong imo

HE01 is short on extension but quite hefty in mid bass impact, it's not super refined and clarity is poorer than Aria (imaging is muddy)

TRI I3Pro might be a good bet too...but the price is a bit high. Bass is warm with good slam, mids are to die for, treble is detailed but smooth
Hi NymPHONOmaniac nice replay 👍

So I'll may go for Aria and safe the money of the HE01 for better choice.

In my end low chifi wish list there are:
KZ DQ6 (added thank's to r31ya and RikudouGoku)
CCA C12
HZSOUND Heart Mirror
Revonext QT2
Tripowin Mele
Shozy Form 1.1
Whizzer HE01
Moondrop Aria
(Bqeyz kc2/KB100 maybe could be a plus)

Kz zex and CCZ Emerald are on the way and I'll may share a comparison with Cca Nra and Melody when them Will be at home. :)

After these I think I may look for mid chifi iem for better performance.

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2021 at 12:34 PM Post #29,156 of 31,833
The nozzle of the DQ6 is not removable though unless there is some trickery involved I am unaware of.

Cheers.
You just put the filter on top of the stock filter. Nothing to do with removing the nozzle.

Nov 9, 2021 at 12:56 PM Post #29,157 of 31,833
KZ DQ6 and the Tanchjim Tanya.
(you might want to use the replacement filters that come with the Tanya on the DQ6.)
Exactly what I'm doing.
Shopee is having a big opening fest and the -15€ per 25€ coupons are too juicy to pass on.

I got the Tanya + some other stuff for 10€ and I plan to get the DQ6+upgrade cable for 10€ and the Meizu DAC dongle for 10€ aswell.

I was planning on the Heart Mirror or the Reecho SG1 at first but those arent on shopee and are not very discounted on Aliexpress tbh.

And hey, thanks for the reviews and your database, they helped a lot! great work!

Nov 9, 2021 at 2:18 PM Post #29,158 of 31,833
You just put the filter on top of the stock filter. Nothing to do with removing the nozzle.
How do you fix the filter on top of the stock filter?

Nov 9, 2021 at 2:18 PM Post #29,159 of 31,833
How do you fix the filter on top of the stock filter?
The filter has glue on it. Just use a tweezer and stack them and they will stick.

Nov 10, 2021 at 2:59 AM Post #29,160 of 31,833
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back