CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 11, 2021 at 6:33 PM Post #29,191 of 31,833
Tin Hifi P1 Plus
KZ DQ6 (high density tuning foams)
You have heard the P1plus yet mate??

I'm very interested in them too. Still waiting for their arrival though....hope the bass is improved!

Nov 11, 2021 at 6:36 PM Post #29,192 of 31,833

I'm very interested in them too. Still waiting for their arrival though....hope the bass is improved!

I have the P1 Plus and they are an improvement over the original and much easier to drive. They graph very flat and EQ very well.

I haven't finished my review yet.

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2021 at 7:00 PM Post #29,193 of 31,833

graph - 2021-11-12T005829.646.png

Yes,
the bass is improved from the anemic (and almost textureless) OG P1.
Timbre is improved a lot
Upper-treble is more refined
Doesnt suck your amp dry

They fixed the issues I had with the OG. (Unlike Shuoer with the Tape Pro 🤮)

Nov 11, 2021 at 7:46 PM Post #29,194 of 31,833
I have the P1 Plus and they are an improvement over the original and much easier to drive. They graph very flat and EQ very well.

I haven't finished my review yet.
graph - 2021-11-12T005829.646.png

Yes,
the bass is improved from the anemic (and almost textureless) OG P1.
Timbre is improved a lot
Upper-treble is more refined
Doesnt suck your amp dry

They fixed the issues I had with the OG. (Unlike Shuoer with the Tape Pro 🤮)
Whaaaaaaat!! Thats flat AF! Apart from bass and treble lift...

Thats a fascinating graph in fact. TX.

and i will avoid the Tape Pro lol

Nov 11, 2021 at 8:29 PM Post #29,195 of 31,833
Nov 11, 2021 at 10:22 PM Post #29,196 of 31,833
Nov 11, 2021 at 10:33 PM Post #29,197 of 31,833
if you have 40$ left....buy a HZsound Mirror asap!
Perfect complement to Aria imo kinda End game really.

Legacy2 is underwhelming. Starfield is less refined and warmer than Aria, but i love them...kinda overpriced for nowadays standard though.
From the list, if I didn't go with Aria, I was going to go with Tripowin Mele.
Actually kind of on the fence about it right now. I wanted to get a cheap alternate cable but the cable that comes with Mele looks actually decent. So instead of spending $15 ~ 25 on a cable, might get Mele for $50.
Will have to look into how good Mele default cable is.

Nov 11, 2021 at 10:40 PM Post #29,198 of 31,833
The X1 is honestly pretty terrible unless you’re prepared to EQ, so I wouldn’t bother tbh
I don't mind EQ. I like smabat buds as well. At this price, I'm not worried.

Nov 12, 2021 at 3:32 AM Post #29,199 of 31,833
Actually kind of on the fence about it right now. I wanted to get a cheap alternate cable but the cable that comes with Mele looks actually decent. So instead of spending $15 ~ 25 on a cable, might get Mele for $50.
Personally, Mele is a good accompaniment for Aria. More so than bright HeartMirror.

One fun sounding bass slammer with great male vocal and the other is fun ish harman with great female vocal and treble.

Nov 12, 2021 at 5:15 AM Post #29,200 of 31,833
ZEX are arrived. 😁

I'll try to make a short comparison with NRA, the two have very different dna.

First impressions are positive, easy to drive but needs cable change, with stock cable (the same of NRA) the bass sound plastic and mids/trebles unnatural.
I've used the 8 core KZ pure copper my standard upgrade cable for KZ IEM and all iems c pin with too hot trebles or that needs more bodie, only e. 8/9 for a good improvement.

1636710058209..jpg

A nice looking effect too 😉

ZEX sound really different from NRA.

ZEX are more warm with relaxed trebles but less controlled and revealing than the NRA.

Bass are less speed but not too floppy and better then many others iems in the same price range, bleeding in the bass mid have different effect by NRA warmish the complessive sound.

Mids are less V shaped than NRA, that is more transparent and revealing, but sometime congested, anyway enough natural with the new cable.

Trebles are tamed down, similar to C10, and less airy then NRA but much more relaxing.

Soundstage are surprisingly better on ZEX.

For the price I find the ZEX a good all rounder iems for every day use and relaxed leastening, if you like multi driver iems, but in the same price range there are the Tanya. IMMO.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2021 at 8:58 AM Post #29,201 of 31,833
Personally, Mele is a good accompaniment for Aria. More so than bright HeartMirror.

One fun sounding bass slammer with great male vocal and the other is fun ish harman with great female vocal and treble.
Thanks for the input.
I think I will pass on buying another set in sub $100 category.
I should be good with Aria + ER2SE combo for a while in terms of IEM.
If I want more, I will go to next price bracket of sub $300, Timeless, Kato, Blessing 2 etc.
Who knows what will be available in few months to a year time.

Nov 12, 2021 at 9:45 AM Post #29,202 of 31,833
I didn't try Mele, but the graph is a bit similar to Aria. (though Mele seem more V shape)
When i say something complement well another IEM, its because it offer a near opposite soundsignature for real different music purpose. In term of technicalities alone, nothing can beat HZM under 100$....i'm tired of repeating myself about this but it seems I still need too! Stock cable of HZM is nice enough. SPC cable.

Aria-2021.jpg

Mele.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2021 at 9:50 AM Post #29,203 of 31,833
Nov 12, 2021 at 1:50 PM Post #29,204 of 31,833
I'd go with Aria between the two. Simply a higher floor item compared to Mele, and their cable is fine, if not better.

Linsoul isn't likely to drop price on Mele significantly, because HBB gets 5 bucks for every pairs sold. Of course there'll be hype. I'd wait until the hype train completely ended to revisit the item objectively.
TINHIFI T3Plus is coming....and it's a single LCP DD IEM! Other IEM using this diaphragm tech is Sony Mdr ex1000 and Moondrop Aria.

I don't know if it will be only available on Linsoul...but thats where i find the info:
https://www.linsoul.com/blogs/announcements/tin-hifi-t3-plus-new-release-at-linsoul-audio
No!... Tin Audio with plastic/Resin shell is like coffee without extra shots of espresso! Should've stick with the type of metal on original T2, get a mold similar to T2 Plus, add a bit of definition, then leave the rest to the drivers and tuning.

Last edited:
Nov 12, 2021 at 8:48 PM Post #29,205 of 31,833
In term of technicalities alone, nothing can beat HZM under 100$....i'm tired of repeating myself about this but it seems I still need too! Stock cable of HZM is nice enough. SPC cable.

I am a big fan of the HZSound Heart Mirror, but there are sub $100 USD multi driver BA/hybrids that can beat the HZSound Heart Mirror in technicalities (though they might not have the best timbral accuracy or tonality). In the department of soundstage, the Heart Mirror is quite weak actually.

Even among single DD sets, the Kotori Dauntless tour unit has better technicalities than the Heart Mirror, this set is around $50ish USD, though Heart Mirror beats it in tonality and timbre.

As an all round package, the Heart Mirror is my recommendation for a neutral bright set at $50 USD, assuming you have an amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back