CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 13, 2021 at 10:26 PM Post #29,221 of 31,833
How is the driver flex on Dauntless?

Surprisingly I didn't get driver flex on it (no vents!).
But then again, driver flex is partially dependent on ear anatomy and the types of eartips used, so it is a YMMV situation.

Nov 14, 2021 at 3:27 AM Post #29,222 of 31,833
Surprisingly I didn't get driver flex on it (no vents!).
But then again, driver flex is partially dependent on ear anatomy and the types of eartips used, so it is a YMMV situation.
Thanks, that is surprising. Maybe there's a hidden vent, like on the Blon BL03's 2 pin connector. How is the isolation? What about bass extension?

Nov 14, 2021 at 3:29 AM Post #29,223 of 31,833
Guys im looking for some good earbud style to buy to use with my pc
im interesting in
Xiaomi Redmi buds 3
SOUNDPEATS TrueAir2

Does anyone have tried any of those?
Do you have any sygestions under 50$?

*I already have airpods 2 2019

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2021 at 4:00 AM Post #29,224 of 31,833
Larry describes it as slightly inferior to Final A8000 in terms of technicalities, but disastrous tonally....i tend to trust Larry.

But he say DQSM Hermit is better too, which scare me.
The Hermit is pretty awesome. It has a super, super heavy body though so I attatched a black VE Clan earbud holder to the body to hold it inside the ear. (What's it called??)

I still haven't taken it outside though.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2021 at 5:21 AM Post #29,225 of 31,833
Thanks, that is surprising. Maybe there's a hidden vent, like on the Blon BL03's 2 pin connector. How is the isolation? What about bass extension?

Isolation is above average, but perhaps not as good as those etymotic types. Bass extension and quantity isn't the best though, this set is very focused on the upper mids/treble region.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2021 at 5:30 AM Post #29,226 of 31,833
im interesting in
Xiaomi Redmi buds 3
SOUNDPEATS TrueAir2

Soundpeats Sonic Pro with dual driver and huge batteries is nice. Trueair2 seems to have better mics tough
Moondrop Nekocake seems decent too. Its by Moondrop so SQ is nice, not sure whether the rest of TWS functionality is up to par with Soundpeats product tough.
Lypertek S20 is one of the great in near that price points.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2021 at 12:26 PM Post #29,227 of 31,833
im interesting in
Xiaomi Redmi buds 3
SOUNDPEATS TrueAir2

I'm going to add a few suggestions:

• Cyberfox X1
• Galaxy Buds Live
• Edifier X2 (Xemai)
• Bluetooth adapter + Detachable Earbuds

Cyberfox X1 and Buds Live are both in $50 range during sales. Solid build, warm sound, and comfort. Xemai X2 is a random thought, they were $10 on AliExpress few days ago, if that helps.

Option 4 might just be the best option if sound quality is prioritized. Link them up with Smabat, Yincrow, Rose Technics, BGVP, or Nicehck MMCX/2pin earbuds etc. It'll be great!

You may also go with the two mentioned. Unfortunately I don't have either, I'd probably give my blind vote to Redmi Buds 3 on a hunch.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2021 at 1:14 PM Post #29,228 of 31,833
Soundpeats Sonic Pro with dual driver and huge batteries is nice. Trueair2 seems to have better mics tough
Moondrop Nekocake seems decent too. Its by Moondrop so SQ is nice, not sure whether the rest of TWS functionality is up to par with Soundpeats product tough.
Lypertek S20 is one of the great in near that price points.
Nekocake also has a sound sig customizable feature. They are definetely interesting

Nov 14, 2021 at 3:55 PM Post #29,229 of 31,833
So....lol....i investigate like crazy to know if the Kotori Dauntless is superior technically to HZsound Mirror and well, @baskingshark seems to be right!

I convince the company agent to go try the HZM, he was super impressed and say it's more balanced than the D....but inferior in speed and technicality....its to take with a grain of salt cause he's surely a bit biased by the love of ''it's'' creation but still it proves this company is really curious to learn more.

He say it's warmer than D too....which mean TREBLE HEAD Alert for sure.

PS: im not trying to hype something i didn't even hear, but i always get super excited by fast transient speed promise and technicalities that hit above their price range and the last promise in that regard was the Tforce Yuan Li, which was a bit of let down in that regards but quite good tonally. Aurora too was a let down in that regard imo

Nov 14, 2021 at 4:15 PM Post #29,230 of 31,833
The Hermit is pretty awesome. It has a super, super heavy body though so I attatched a black VE Clan earbud holder to the body to hold it inside the ear. (What's it called??)

I still haven't taken it outside though.
Indeed, they are excellent for the price and very underrated...though it seem they are very popular in Indonesia-Singapour...crisp airy V shape with big bass slam, crazy good resolution and treble extension-snap-sparkle but kinda thin a bit artificial mids...in fact, i would like to stole the DD in there and retune it.

Seem like their WAY more warm head à la Harman target than Treble head à la brighten Diffused field target.

ill say the DQSM are for Vivid Sparkle Head...thats the very addictive part to my ears.

Hum, and they fit well in my ears with wide bore or KZ Starlines eartips.

Some peps suggest putting foam into nozzle to warm the tone a bit...i might give this a try soon.

For those wondering the difference in size btw those and Moondrop Spaceship, the Hermit is about 2 times bigger and heavier.
255378753_980772789316718_4996627319219399383_n.jpg

Nov 14, 2021 at 4:40 PM Post #29,231 of 31,833
Funny that single DDs fancy metals era is fading and the hype now is LCP which is the old and dear magnets + plastic (acrylic, maybe?)
yeah...well, it's not like if Sony Mdr EX1000 loose it's attractivity....but indeed their a diff between ultra big 16mm LCP DD and a 10mm one....pure bery can be great but in budget realm their still work to do....it's not for tomorrow we will find sub-500$ Final A8000....and I try Luna and Believe, both kinda similar in tonality, the latter being more refined and more articulated in dynamic.

A driver tech i have big hope were the ''topological DD'' from Hifiman, but they never achieve similar tonality than RE2000 in more affordable price range, RE800 being way brigther and more intimate...

Perhaps this tech is similar, MGD (Multi-gradation diaphragm)....i reallly find the Aune Jasper DD phenomenal.
The MGD Diahpragm
The MGD – multi-gradation diaphragm, with the materials to die for, hast he characteristics of high damping, high speed and high stiffness. The unique diaphragm makes it possible to vividly reproduce all kinds of music, even a whisper.
Ultra-Linear Magnet System
The combination oft he specially-designed ultra-linear symmetric magnet system and the multi-gradation diaphragm (MGD) build the dynamic core with ultra-low distortion, providing the Jasper In Ear with constant power.
The Chamber Matters
The carefully dersigned chamber helps scatter the internal sound waves and expand the soundstage with accurate and clear imaging. Dont be shocked if you feel like sitting in a concert hall.

Jasper-F4.jpg

but as seen....diaphragm material is just one part of acoustic chain...

Nov 14, 2021 at 5:36 PM Post #29,232 of 31,833
There is hardly much can be done with green in cables (copper oxidation); strong reducing agents will be too harsh.
Cable stiffening is due to PVC (poly(vinyl chloride)), the main material of the cable (used just because it is cheap and convenient...) losing its plasticizers. Good oil-based hand or face creams can partially restore the softness. They are safe to use (for cleaning as well); ones with antioxidants, such as retinol, can protect further cable oxidation to some extent.
Do all cables eventually turn green and stiff? Or are there cables that don't use PVC and are protected from oxidation? I bought my cable for $10 from NiceHCK, and I believed it was top notch back then. I'm wondering if getting something a bit more pricey (say, a 20-40 USD cable from XINHS.. been seeing a lot of good comments on his cables) will last much longer, or will it also eventually go stiff and green?

Nov 14, 2021 at 6:44 PM Post #29,233 of 31,833
Do all cables eventually turn green and stiff? Or are there cables that don't use PVC and are protected from oxidation? I bought my cable for $10 from NiceHCK, and I believed it was top notch back then. I'm wondering if getting something a bit more pricey (say, a 20-40 USD cable from XINHS.. been seeing a lot of good comments on his cables) will last much longer, or will it also eventually go stiff and green?
only crappy cable go green, i mean, bad built insulation....i have at least 30 cables and only 2-3 of them get oxidated.
you can be safer going full copper cable too, like the Faaeal litz cable or NiceHCK pure copper cable.
but XINHS cables are sure great buy too!

I have this one too since 2 years....great built, no green!
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33018785015.html

Nov 14, 2021 at 7:05 PM Post #29,234 of 31,833
only crappy cable go green, i mean, bad built insulation....i have at least 30 cables and only 2-3 of them get oxidated.
you can be safer going full copper cable too, like the Faaeal litz cable or NiceHCK pure copper cable.
but XINHS cables are sure great buy too!

I have this one too since 2 years....great built, no green!
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33018785015.html
Got it. I've had this for around 2 years, and it already started turning green after around 1 year. Now it's pretty stiff. When I first got it I was happy, very soft and flexible, nice feel. It still works fine, but it's stiff, and that's really annoying

Users who are viewing this thread

Back