CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 20, 2021 at 8:23 AM Post #29,251 of 31,833
@RikudouGoku @NymPHONOmaniac
mateys, you were right. im in goddamn love with this thing. The bass feels unreal for a earbud, like actual proper bass!

monks are really detailed, i loved them for that, had the auglamour rx1 too, had better detail than monks but far brighter and for some reason the plastic part of it cracked and damaged it's drivers.

but this thing has a punch!

(oh and i dont know how the hell aliexoress sent this to me in 8 days haha nornally it takes more than a month)

thanks a lot for the suggestions!
No offense to anyone or anything, monk plus is also the worst audio gear I've come across in my life. Sounds really bad. So I fully agree with @RikudouGoku

Nov 20, 2021 at 10:38 PM Post #29,252 of 31,833
No offense to anyone or anything, monk plus is also the worst audio gear I've come across in my life. Sounds really bad. So I fully agree with @RikudouGoku
lol, no offense....were all here to share our honest impressions! its refreshing to have anti-hype post!!
i didnt find Monk+horrifious....but i never use them...hum and change cable to improve it. and i need to amp them intensely too...strangely...too capricious for what you got. VE is kinda...old school....and it showed more and more. it runs on sectarian fanatism imo
They're are just SO much better earbuds out there...earbuds thread is very informative for this...at least, last time i go there.

Whats your fav earbuds right now bro?

Apart from TC200 (V1!) it make a long time a didnt try a great one.

Nov 20, 2021 at 11:00 PM Post #29,253 of 31,833
lol, no offense....were all here to share our honest impressions! its refreshing to have anti-hype post!!
i didnt find Monk+horrifious....but i never use them...hum and change cable to improve it. and i need to amp them intensely too...strangely...too capricious for what you got. VE is kinda...old school....and it showed more and more. it runs on sectarian fanatism imo
They're are just SO much better earbuds out there...earbuds thread is very informative for this...at least, last time i go there.

Whats your fav earbuds right now bro?

Apart from TC200 (V1!) it make a long time a didnt try a great one.
My favourite budget earbuds are definitely the Vido Blue and Tingo TC200. However, the biggest issue with tc200 is QC.... You won't know when will you get a good set or a bad set. I bought 4 tc200 - 2 was amazing and 2 was terrible (baseless)

Vido blue I have no complaints for $1usd.

Nov 20, 2021 at 11:46 PM Post #29,254 of 31,833
My favourite budget earbuds are definitely the Vido Blue and Tingo TC200. However, the biggest issue with tc200 is QC.... You won't know when will you get a good set or a bad set. I bought 4 tc200 - 2 was amazing and 2 was terrible (baseless)

Vido blue I have no complaints for $1usd.
Vido is super magical for the price. I got it for $3.5 and its definitely worth the price.
Unfortunately, i bought the mic version for a gift to coworker (for music, zoom and all), and the volume is quite significantly lower compared to the no-mic version.
The one who got it still pretty damn happy with the sound, he love it for blues and such.

Nov 22, 2021 at 9:00 PM Post #29,257 of 31,833
I love my OH10, its the only Ikko i keep listening too...its an hybrid 1DD+1KnowlesBA....one of great ones.
Happy you enjoy your mate!
Didn't try FH5, but I like my FH7 alot!
It's taken me a while to figure out that for small amount of Metal that I listen to, or any genre with heavy double-kick bass drums, that a single BA driver, or even a low+mid bass dedicated BA driver, just can't keep up double-kick drums. The DD in both the FH5 and the OH10 keep them fast, but they don't over-bleed into the upper mids and congest the sound so much.

Don't know if I will ever try the FH7 -- I'm getting where I prefer 2-3 under $200 IEMs vs 1 expensive one.

Nov 22, 2021 at 9:04 PM Post #29,258 of 31,833
Wow, Ikko OH10 over Fiio FH5. FH5 is praised for its technicality and tone, i guess fatigue is not quite pointed out there.
IKKO is finally getting cheaper here in my place, (IKKO OH1 used to be sold at current OH10 price). its tempting to buy.
Especially Zeos OH10 description is basically "smooth big booba sound" which makes me more curious.
But i need to safe for my BTR5 replacement first...
I will say, the SQ of the OH10 and FH5 were very similar -- both have 1DD + 4BA configuration - but my ears / brain preferred the sweeter sound of the OH10. That's funny because I way prefer the aggressive Grado sound over Sennheiser in full size phones!

Nov 22, 2021 at 9:09 PM Post #29,259 of 31,833

KZ ZEX / TRN VX Pro / Cat Ear HITAM / Smabat Proto 1.0 - Unboxing and First Look​

Just received a few new IEMs. Here are my first impressions:

KZ Zex - $22usd, 1DD+1EST. Fun sounding. Thick punchy boomy bass, splashy thin treble. Coherency isn't the best (very noticeable separation from the DD and "EST" driver), timbre isn't the best, and technicalities are below-average. I also doubt that the "EST" driver used is real. Nonetheless, I find it fun-sounding and enjoyable for Hip Hop.

CatEar HITAM - $25usd, 1DD. Quite bad. lo-fi, boomy, hazy... eww. Left unit has driver flex. Packaging and accessories are cute though.

TRN VX Pro - $88usd, 1DD+8BA. V-shaped sound signature. Full-bodied punchy bass, forward intimate vocals, energetic treble, decent soundstage width, above-average technicalities (for the price). Not bad for $80usd. However, bass is slightly slow and bleeds into the mids, treble can come off as sharp and splashy, BA timbre, incoherencies between drivers.

VX Pro review done! Link to review here - https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/trn-vx-pro-1dd-8bas.25493/review/27336/

Smabat Proto 1.0 - $88usd, modular 1DD. I am a MASSIVE fan of this. Interchangeable bass filter, interchangeable nozzle filter, interchangeable drivers. This IEM is FULLY Modular and you can customize it to your liking. With one driver, you get a total of 6 different sound configurations. I have a total of 2 different drivers here so it means that I get a whopping 12 different sound configurations. For $88usd (+$15usd for another driver), IMO this is a major steal. No matter what your sound preferences are, you will be able to find a configuration that suits your taste and needs. A separate post for Smabat Proto 1.0 will be made to showcase the different filters and driver configurations.

Frequency Response graphs for all 4 IEMs are shown below. If you have any questions regarding any of these IEMs, feel free to let me know and I'll get back to you asap.

Full reviews for all 4 IEMs will be out soon. Stay tuned.

bryaudioreviews.jpg
KZ ZEX.jpgCat Ear HITAM.jpgSmabat Proto 1.0 (stock driver (green), gold bass port, no nozzle filter).jpgTRN VX Pro.jpgSmabat Proto 1.0 (Red driver, gold bass port, no nozzle filter).jpg

VX Pro review done!

Overall, not bad for the price, but nothing mind-blowing or interesting. stock accessories are pretty bad for the price.

Link to review here - https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/trn-vx-pro-1dd-8bas.25493/review/27336/

Attachments

• TRN VX Pro bryaudioreviews.jpeg
    TRN VX Pro bryaudioreviews.jpeg
    293.3 KB · Views: 0
Nov 23, 2021 at 6:09 AM Post #29,260 of 31,833
Guys, I'm was almost buying the Moondrop Aria for about 70$ but then I saw the Final Audio A3000 for the same price (I think it's a black friday kind of offer). Which one would you suggest? The Aria intrigues me a lot, has a bit of elevation in the subbass, which I don't mind at all, but I like a wide soundstage too and since I've had the Final E3000 (love it) I'm guessing the A3000 are a step above it in every way, soundstage and image included. I don't know about the Aria and it would be my first Moondrop iem. I've read the A3000 requires more power to be fully enjoyed. I'd use it with the Meizu Master Hifi dac. Would eventually that be enough?

Nov 23, 2021 at 6:50 AM Post #29,261 of 31,833
Hey all, it's been a while!
I'm starting to feel the itch for a new pair of IEMs, and was looking at the moondrop aria (from what i've read and heard around they should be just what i'm looking for these days, and comparing their graph with that of the quarks, which i own, seems to compound that idea).
The only thing i'm not sure yet is how they wear. Does anyone around here have both the aria and possibly the ZST and could provide a side by side photo of the two? I'd like to see hiw they're shaped/sozed compared to something i own before buying, as my ears are a bit picky about that.

Nov 23, 2021 at 5:54 PM Post #29,263 of 31,833
Not sure where is my sister zst goes, but Aria is relatively smaller than zsn. Its smaller than the promo photo suggest.
Thanks!
Yeah, looks alright, it shouldn't give mi any issues, seens a bit better shaped than the zst too.

Nov 23, 2021 at 11:50 PM Post #29,264 of 31,833
Wow, Ikko OH10 over Fiio FH5. FH5 is praised for its technicality and tone, i guess fatigue is not quite pointed out there.
IKKO is finally getting cheaper here in my place, (IKKO OH1 used to be sold at current OH10 price). its tempting to buy.
Especially Zeos OH10 description is basically "smooth big booba sound" which makes me more curious.
But i need to safe for my BTR5 replacement first...
One thing I didn't mention about the Ikko OH10, which I am hoping to fix soon, is the horrible stock cable. It is twisted pair, but very thin and due to the weight of the IEM's themselves, as soon as you lay them down and try to pick them back up, you have a complete mess to unravel -- really annoying.

I'm wanting to find a good 2pin 3.5mm cable with a mic and volume controls, not so much for phone calls, but so I don't have to mess with my phone for volume and track skipping. Without waiting 2 months for something from China, the options are few here in the USA.

Nov 26, 2021 at 11:17 AM Post #29,265 of 31,833
I just receive the TINHIFI P1plus.
I adore them....
Way easier to drive than original P1 (i can use single ended output).
Female vocal are to die for, clarity is razor sharp and this treble is soooo revealing yet effortless and natural in rendering.
Both bass and treble seem to extend fuller than P1.
Sound is very similar to original P1, but more refined and hint warmer, bass part is more bodied, mids are flatter, less bright, background is cleaner.
These are excellent imo I wish i can compare them to Timeless!
Oh, now, if i go in grumpy mode, can't find anything yet about the sound but design is VERY same, as well as cable, the nozzle shape and size is a bit problematic for good fit....but KZ Starlines eartips solve this issue! While sub bass is improve, it isnt full sounding, neither deliver rumble...Hum, if your a P1 owner, not sure it worth the upgrade since they sound very very similar...but P1plus solve near all issue (amping need, bass extension, imaging)
261220067_10157900952481581_4909934580290616396_n.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back