CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 12, 2021 at 9:27 PM Post #29,206 of 31,834
I am a big fan of the HZSound Heart Mirror, but there are sub $100 USD multi driver BA/hybrids that can beat the HZSound Heart Mirror in technicalities (though they might not have the best timbral accuracy or tonality). In the department of soundstage, the Heart Mirror is quite weak actually.

Even among single DD sets, the Kotori Dauntless tour unit has better technicalities than the Heart Mirror, this set is around $50ish USD, though Heart Mirror beats it in tonality and timbre.

As an all round package, the Heart Mirror is my recommendation for a neutral bright set at $50 USD, assuming you have an amp.
thanks for sharing your words, ill hold on mine.

indeed their plenty of sub-100$ crappy multi-ba around here...

I include bass and treble extension-flexibility-decay in technicalities, as well as lotta other things related to cohesive transient speed-timing.

PS: i'm happy your a big fan of the HZM and i can't wait to try the Dauntless IEM coming to me as well. Will see how they compare to HZM!!

Nov 12, 2021 at 9:31 PM Post #29,207 of 31,834
I'd go with Aria between the two. Simply a higher floor item compared to Mele, and their cable is fine.

No!... Tin Audio with plastic/Resin shell is like coffee without extra shots of espresso! Should've stick with the type of metal on original T2, get a mold similar to T2 Plus, add a bit of definition, then leave the rest to the drivers and tuning.
Well....at least it looks like good quality resin plastic à la Yume...but it looks like more of a departure than proper follow-up of T3 too....since its not even a hybrid.

BGGA just share a graph, and it make the T3+ even more intriguing!

256333931_4622676584422146_2949374795957656170_n.jpg

Nov 12, 2021 at 9:57 PM Post #29,208 of 31,834
thanks for sharing your words, ill hold on mine.

indeed their plenty of sub-100$ crappy multi-ba around here...

I include bass and treble extension-flexibility-decay in technicalities, as well as lotta other things related to cohesive transient speed-timing.

PS: i'm happy your a big fan of the HZM and i can't wait to try the Dauntless IEM coming to me as well. Will see how they compare to HZM!!

The Dauntless is a very technical single DD set, nice soundstage and very fast transients. Though I found it fatiguing cause of a 4 - 5 kHz area huge peak. This made vocals sound sharp and nasal and timbre is off. It probably is the most technical single DD I have tried at sub $100, it beats some higher end single DD in resolution eg KBEAR Aurora.

Nov 13, 2021 at 1:11 PM Post #29,209 of 31,834
The Dauntless is a very technical single DD set, nice soundstage and very fast transients. Though I found it fatiguing cause of a 4 - 5 kHz area huge peak. This made vocals sound sharp and nasal and timbre is off. It probably is the most technical single DD I have tried at sub $100, it beats some higher end single DD in resolution eg KBEAR Aurora.
Larry describes it as slightly inferior to Final A8000 in terms of technicalities, but disastrous tonally....i tend to trust Larry.

But he say DQSM Hermit is better too, which scare me.

By the way, KOTORI will launch a single (knowles) BA earphones too. This one, Larry love it.

All in all, i'm mitiged about those Dauntless but i trust you too when you say they are incredible technically....(just dont touch my HZM ! ...half joking lol) Since i see the graph im worry about tonality too

so male vocal and bass instruments lack body and have to much texture boost? bass seem very strange...

241474682_10159189063904792_1794817911772514363_n.jpg

Nov 13, 2021 at 1:24 PM Post #29,210 of 31,834
Nov 13, 2021 at 1:24 PM Post #29,211 of 31,834
Strange question: how to clean an audio cable? (And do you do it?) I mean, is there some special liquid, or home stuff like alcohol or Hydrogen peroxide (seen people use this to clean nozzle vents) that can be used? Thing is, my ±2 year old cable from my Blon 03 has turned, from a pretty silver, to a deep green, has become quite stiff, and even has some places (closer to the ears) where it seems that there is dried earwax with dust and the cable has become a yellowish-brown.. any way to fix that, make it a bit more soft, or at least remove all that dust and wax from between 8 woven wires, without spending hours scraping it away with toothpicks?) Don't want to buy a new one since this works just fine..

Nov 13, 2021 at 1:40 PM Post #29,212 of 31,834
Strange question: how to clean an audio cable? (And do you do it?) I mean, is there some special liquid, or home stuff like alcohol or Hydrogen peroxide (seen people use this to clean nozzle vents) that can be used? Thing is, my ±2 year old cable from my Blon 03 has turned, from a pretty silver, to a deep green, has become quite stiff, and even has some places (closer to the ears) where it seems that there is dried earwax with dust and the cable has become a yellowish-brown.. any way to fix that, make it a bit more soft, or at least remove all that dust and wax from between 8 woven wires, without spending hours scraping it away with toothpicks?) Don't want to buy a new one since this works just fine..
There is hardly much can be done with green in cables (copper oxidation); strong reducing agents will be too harsh.
Cable stiffening is due to PVC (poly(vinyl chloride)), the main material of the cable (used just because it is cheap and convenient...) losing its plasticizers. Good oil-based hand or face creams can partially restore the softness. They are safe to use (for cleaning as well); ones with antioxidants, such as retinol, can protect further cable oxidation to some extent.

Nov 13, 2021 at 1:53 PM Post #29,213 of 31,834
Already got one one the way and this one does not look like a disappointment like some of the other Tin products.
great, can't wait to know your impressions...my pair will surely take ages to arrive.

indeed, its not a wack-looking tuning like the T2 EVO....(shouty fest?)
T2-Evo.jpg

Nov 13, 2021 at 2:07 PM Post #29,214 of 31,834
Nov 13, 2021 at 2:25 PM Post #29,215 of 31,834
Graph looked really good and they look really good too. I skipped 11.11 deals for this. Do you have any info about price?
Indeed, the graph looks good...like a V Harman target with extra bass and treble...

The price isn't available now, but i expect it to be around 70-100$....if it wants to compete with the Aria!

I ask Tinhifi for the price so as soon as I got it ill share it here.

Nov 13, 2021 at 7:07 PM Post #29,216 of 31,834
Indeed, the graph looks good...like a V Harman target with extra bass and treble...

The price isn't available now, but i expect it to be around 70-100$....if it wants to compete with the Aria!

I ask Tinhifi for the price so as soon as I got it ill share it here.
Yeah, i think it want to compete with Aria, if it need to be above T2+ ($60 ish), this T3+ might be at $80

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2021 at 7:20 PM Post #29,217 of 31,834
Larry describes it as slightly inferior to Final A8000 in terms of technicalities, but disastrous tonally....i tend to trust Larry.

But he say DQSM Hermit is better too, which scare me.

By the way, KOTORI will launch a single (knowles) BA earphones too. This one, Larry love it.

All in all, i'm mitiged about those Dauntless but i trust you too when you say they are incredible technically....(just dont touch my HZM ! ...half joking lol) Since i see the graph im worry about tonality too

so male vocal and bass instruments lack body and have to much texture boost? bass seem very strange...

241474682_10159189063904792_1794817911772514363_n.jpg

Yes the bass and male vocals as you say lack body, coupled with the 4 - 5 khz spike that makes female vocals sound nasal and instruments like saxaphones and trumpets sound off. The Dauntless has no bass vents (for a single DD), so that makes the bass as such. But this also gives very quick transients and technical performance.

Their single BA (Kotori Vampire) is actually very good, I auditioned it too. Warm neutral, good tonality. Good timbre for a pure BA set. As per all single BAs, they do have some physics limitations, such as subbass and higher treble roll off, but it has quite good bass extension and quantity despite that. This one is worth getting IMO, especially for musicians who need stage monitors.

Nov 13, 2021 at 9:01 PM Post #29,219 of 31,834
Funny that single DDs fancy metals era is fading and the hype now is LCP which is the old and dear magnets + plastic (acrylic, maybe?)

Yes last year was the year of the beryllium hype (which had some marketing gimmick element TBH). Seems they have moved on to other exotic stuff now.

Nov 13, 2021 at 10:14 PM Post #29,220 of 31,834
Yes the bass and male vocals as you say lack body, coupled with the 4 - 5 khz spike that makes female vocals sound nasal and instruments like saxaphones and trumpets sound off. The Dauntless has no bass vents (for a single DD), so that makes the bass as such. But this also gives very quick transients and technical performance.

Their single BA (Kotori Vampire) is actually very good, I auditioned it too. Warm neutral, good tonality. Good timbre for a pure BA set. As per all single BAs, they do have some physics limitations, such as subbass and higher treble roll off, but it has quite good bass extension and quantity despite that. This one is worth getting IMO, especially for musicians who need stage monitors.
How is the driver flex on Dauntless?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back