CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Aug 12, 2021 at 7:24 AM Post #28,591 of 31,833
I've got a GK10, TForce and FD3 incoming too. And a Vento Conductor T-500 Pro (totally blind purchase this one).

Aug 12, 2021 at 7:26 AM Post #28,592 of 31,833
I've got a GK10, TForce and FD3 incoming too. And a Vento Conductor T-500 Pro (totally blind purchase this one).

Very nice haul coming in!

Do you happen to have a KBEAR BElieve on hand. It looks very similar to the Vento Conductor, am wondering if it measures and sounds the same!

Aug 12, 2021 at 7:27 AM Post #28,593 of 31,833
Nice, also have the GK10 and the T-500 Pro on the way.

Aug 12, 2021 at 7:29 AM Post #28,594 of 31,833
Very nice haul coming in!

Do you happen to have a KBEAR BElieve on hand. It looks very similar to the Vento Conductor, am wondering if it measures and sounds the same!

I'll be able to compare it to the Believe as I have this one.

Aug 12, 2021 at 7:19 PM Post #28,595 of 31,833
That feeling when after having gotten into IEMs with the BL-03 you spend a few years chasing the dragon up to $660 units, and then put the $20 BL-03s back in your ears again and wonder what you wasted all that time (not to mention money) for anyway…

Lightning in a bottle without a doubt.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2021 at 2:45 AM Post #28,596 of 31,833
That feeling when after having gotten into IEMs with the BL-03 you spend a few years chasing the dragon up to $660 units, and then put the $20 BL-03s back in your ears again and wonder what you wasted all that time (not to mention money) for anyway…

Lightning in a bottle without a doubt.
Oh no! Could you help me review this selection I have in mind? You may have tried some of them :sweat_smile:

(~$200): Aune Jasper, JVC FDX1, Sony XBA N3, Tanchjim Hana 2021, Thieaudio Legacy 4, YanYin Aladdin

(~$600): Acoustune HS1650, Dunu SA6 & Zen Pro, Fearless S8Pro & Z, Moondrop Variations, Oriolus Isabellae, Shanling ME700 Lite, Softears RSV, Thieaudio Oracle & Monarch, XENNS UP

Aug 13, 2021 at 8:25 AM Post #28,597 of 31,833
For something different and complimentary you can consider the KBEAR Neon.

Possibly dumb question. I was reading about these and some recommend to get an impedance adapter (at least 30ohm iirc) because of the BA.

Does a impedance adapter have the same effect on hybrids, DD+BA or DD+multiple BAs or other combos with a BA, iems? Or is that just specific to Knowles BA drivers?

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2021 at 8:34 AM Post #28,598 of 31,833
Possibly dumb question. I was reading about these and some recommend to get an impedance adapter (at least 30ohm iirc) because of the BA.

Does a impedance adapter have the same effect on hybrids, DD+BA or DD+multiple BAs or other combos with a BA, iems? Or is that just specific to Knowles BA drivers?
Wow Impedance adapter, thats kinda new recomendation for me. Apparently, its to clean noise and BAs is more sensitive to noise.
What is your IEM and set-up why that is the one got recommended?

So far money spending rec i got goes,
1. get good IEMs,
2. do tip rolls,
3. get better cable if needed,
4. get a better source (DAC/AMP)

Or as some Headfier says, "upgrade from the thing closest to your ear then works your way further away."
---

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2021 at 8:53 AM Post #28,599 of 31,833
Wow Impedance adapter, thats kinda new recomendation for me. Apparently, its to clean noise and BAs is more sensitive to noise.
What is your IEM and set-up why that is the one got recommended?

So far money spending rec i got goes,
1. get good IEMs,
2. do tip rolls,
3. get better cable if needed,
4. get a better source (DAC/AMP)

Or as some Headfier says, "upgrade from the thing closest to your ear then works your way further away."
---

It wasn't recommended directly to me or my setup. It was mentioned on a review of the Kbear Neon. Something about using the same BA as Etymotic but the Kbear Neon only has an impedance of 14ohms while Etyomics (depending on model but with the same driver) have at least 28ohms and upwards of 100 ohms. That user did note positive changes when using an impedance adapter. I also saw another user post a FR graph of the KB Neon with and without an impedance adapter and there was a difference.

My question was purely out of curiosity.

Last edited:
Aug 13, 2021 at 9:51 AM Post #28,600 of 31,833

The impedance adaptor is really useful when one has a too powerful amp that can do large voltage.
Then the impedance adaptor may help to use the source at the optimum voltage, e.g. not too low - where the background voltage often causes hiss with sensitive BAs. So good adaptors, like IEMatch, work well to remove the background noise.
With a weak source, impedance adaptors typically make the sound worse (and I did try myself...)

Aug 13, 2021 at 11:07 AM Post #28,601 of 31,833
IEMatch is not an impedance adapter in the traditional sense (https://ifi-audio.com/faqs/the-iematch-is-not-an-impedance-adapter/) and thus in will not act as one.

@boost3d - different impedance adapters will have various effects on different iems, there's no rule for it. You need to have the impedance curve plot of the iem to predict what would happen but usually you need to actually try it to see if you like the change. Effects are usually worse (but not always) and hybrid/BA setups are more sensitive than DD.

Aug 17, 2021 at 7:39 AM Post #28,602 of 31,833
Oh no! Could you help me review this selection I have in mind? You may have tried some of them :sweat_smile:

(~$200): Aune Jasper, JVC FDX1, Sony XBA N3, Tanchjim Hana 2021, Thieaudio Legacy 4, YanYin Aladdin

(~$600): Acoustune HS1650, Dunu SA6 & Zen Pro, Fearless S8Pro & Z, Moondrop Variations, Oriolus Isabellae, Shanling ME700 Lite, Softears RSV, Thieaudio Oracle & Monarch, XENNS UP
Not sure how the rest compare but the FDX1 blows the Acoustune out of the water despite being in the $200 class. I saw that it was on sale again on Drop for $175 a few days ago. Its a steal at that price.

Aug 18, 2021 at 11:53 AM Post #28,603 of 31,833
They are releasing new 7BA(TRN X7) and I hope it’s a Audio Technica style🤔
The shell looks nice.
5B49E464-EB40-45D4-8228-D19310D85639.jpeg
Following up with X7, I’ve seen some reviews of X7 and it looks like this IEM is a No-Go one..

Aug 19, 2021 at 5:35 PM Post #28,604 of 31,833
Could someone who has the Moondrop Aria, and who is planning on getting the Tripowin Mele tag/reply/pm me when they get it? I'm on a very tight budget and I've been debating on getting the Aria for a long time, but I feel like it might be just a bit shy in bass for my taste, and some say it needs a different cable ($79 is just about my max price range limit, add a better cable and that's too much).
Now the Mele is out and I'm really hoping that it'll turn out to be a good, clear sounding, good fitting pair with impactful bass and non-fatiguing treble, and at the same time have good quality accessories (cable, decent tips). Can't wait for ur opinion, cus if it's the real deal for $50 imma get it

Aug 19, 2021 at 6:12 PM Post #28,605 of 31,833
Could someone who has the Moondrop Aria, and who is planning on getting the Tripowin Mele tag/reply/pm me when they get it? I'm on a very tight budget and I've been debating on getting the Aria for a long time, but I feel like it might be just a bit shy in bass for my taste, and some say it needs a different cable ($79 is just about my max price range limit, add a better cable and that's too much).
Now the Mele is out and I'm really hoping that it'll turn out to be a good, clear sounding, good fitting pair with impactful bass and non-fatiguing treble, and at the same time have good quality accessories (cable, decent tips). Can't wait for ur opinion, cus if it's the real deal for $50 imma get it
I have Aria, and it’s gonna be on sale on Aliexpress starting from 8/23, $79 to $70, which I think is a good buy.

But as you mentioned Aria’s bass is not what I call “heavy slam” type. It’s more of “Nimble x energetic “ style. Also, you need some aftermarket damper filter adjustment to get the most out of it.

The recabling recommendation for Aria is more of a personal preference on mid-range transparency matter. The stock cable transient response is a bit slow for midrange, and recabling the cable could change that.

What’s so special about that Tripowin Mele by the way? My bias toward Tripowin is that “a KZ family producing lower-end ODM for KZ, and their own brand Tripowin”. It’s hard to imagine a company like Tripowin could come up an IEM that can compete Aria-class(A-grade), IMHO. Even their parent KZ is struggling to barely get hands on A-grade IEMs (recent KZ ZAS, is a good one but still B-grade).

Ahh, nvm I just checked Mele. It’s HawaianBadBoy(BGGAR)’s tuned Graphene single dynamic one! His target curve is close to basshead’s favorite and I see you maybe interested in that particular model for heavy slam.

I’m interested in HBB’s tuning and how it could turn a KZ family to a good tuner.

Just placed the order for Mele and let’s see how it turns out👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back