CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Aug 24, 2021 at 6:41 AM Post #28,621 of 31,833
Gosh I feel bad sharing bad impressions, but I wanted to share my honest take on the Tinhifi T2, which I just got in and cost under $50 on Drop. Here's what I have to say (and am copying in my ranking chart notes too). Again, apologies if you enjoy these. I don't mean to take any joy away from others. They just didn't suit me...at all.

I also have some notes to share about CCZ Melody (gotta disclose though that those were given to me for free from the manufacturer; that being said, I'll be honest - see notes below).

Tinhifi T2 Pro ($42 on Drop)

tempImageqybqBS.jpg

At this point, I feel like I must be doing something wrong with Tinhifi products. For some reason, I keep getting too shrill treble, or too unnatural voicing of the instruments. Before trying this one, I had tried the Tinhifi P1 and the T3.

In this, the T2 Pro, the sound is natural enough, and balanced enough in the bass and mids for my liking, but the treble is way way too shrill for me to tolerate. This is where I feel bad for saying something negative, because I sincerely wonder if I simply have a bad fit or the wrong tips or...something! I mean, I keep reading how people like this brand on the forums, but I've not enjoyed the T3 or T2 now. While the T3 had some degree of shrillness that made me unable to enjoy music as fully as I would have liked, the T2 (the one this note here is for) is so overbearingly sibilant that it's uncomfortable for me to listen to at the volume I want to enjoy my music at.

I tried, I really did. I put these deeper into my ear canal. I tried them just sitting near the entry of my ear canal. I tried Spinfit CP145 tips. I tried Campfire Marshmallow tips. I tried the stock tips that came equipped to the IEM's in the box. No matter how I tried to situate this set or tip them differently, I could not do anything to reduce the sibilance my ears picked up in the treble range.

Treble differs ear to ear though, so please take my treble problems with a grain of salt. Each of our ears alter treble responses drastically, so your mileage may certainly vary here. I just feel bad that I had to have such a negative experience, with my ears and my tastes. If you enjoy this set, I feel happy for you and wish I could too :)

CCZ Melody ($27)

tempImageaze0p6.jpg

These took me off guard. I think any time I put something in my ears that are under $30, I'm always surprised - not even if it's very good, but if it's even remotely decent. These were actually fairly decent. Would I say they are more enjoyable for me compared to the Aria at $80, which is my current top pick at $200 or below? No.

Would I say these are more enjoyable than the Tinhifi T2 Pro at $42? Easily!
What about the Blon BL-03, the current highly acclaimed budget IEM at $39? Hmmm...this may be a tough call. I could say yes. I liked the bass of the CCZ Melody. Not necessarily as balanced as the Blon, but quite fun - albeit suffering poor technicals everything does at this budget range.

The Melody has fun bass, although with the accompanying caveat almost all bass heavy gear has, which is a bit of a muffled mid section. It isn't so bad though, actually. It just isn't exactly clear. So no, I would not personally say I enjoy these enough to replace my higher priced gear. But....is this worth the low budget price over the other gear?

I would listen to these any day over the T2 Pro. I would also, after trying it side by side with the Blon BL-03, prefer the CCZ Melody, if for nothing else but the comfort actually. My Blon BL-03 are less comfortable in the ear and have also started to show issues with wire connectivity (even though I barely if ever use the BL-03). Seriously, my BL-03 can't even play back music well anymore. It comes out like a garbled mess. Like, this BL-03 be broken. I can't in good conscience recommend the BL-03 for this alone (for anyone who doesn't know, the wire in the BL-03 is not replaceable with another cable; if it breaks, you have to buy a new pair). At least the CCZ Melody has a detachable cable.

It's a real shame, since I would love to try a working BL-03 again so I can compare the sound qualities with a fresh take instead of a memory.

What about the KZ ZS5 (my current highest rated IEM sub-$50, at $35)? Honestly, no. I prefer the ZS5 still, and for maybe $8 more than the CCZ Melody. The ZS5 has a "clearer" signature to my ear. I'm a sucker for "clarity." Whether that simply means the treble is higher, or the bass isn't so high that the mids are muffled, in any case...I prefer the KS5.

I think these could be a great budget entry, maybe worth trying if you are up for trying multiple budget IEM's to see which you prefer. There isn't much bad about them in the tuning, but they are indeed simply decent technically - which is common at this price. So you may love these like anyone loves any budget gear. Or, like me, you simply have other more expensive gear to enjoy.
Thank you for an interesting post. You should probably write "TinHifi T2 Pro" in your first sentence and in the rest of the post since it is a different IEM compared to the "TinHifi T2". From what I´ve read all TinHifis IEMs except the TinHiti T2 (which I own and enjoy and I find it very neutral) have a treble that a lot of people find too pronounced and harsh/shrill. I´ve just received the Takstar Pro 82 and I´m listening to it right now, compared to my TinHifi T2 (not Pro) the treble is certainly pronounced, I can listen to my T2 for a long time without feeling what I´m feeling with these after a minute. Or rather, I never feel that the TinHifi T2s treble get shrill, too pronounced or fatiguing. Your impression of the TinHifi T2 Pro are the same as the general impression hifi-people have of them from what I´ve read, and even if that wasn't the case, you shouldn't feel bad for expression your opinion. :)

Aug 24, 2021 at 6:50 AM Post #28,622 of 31,833
Gosh I feel bad sharing bad impressions, but I wanted to share my honest take on the Tinhifi T2, which I just got in and cost under $50 on Drop. Here's what I have to say (and am copying in my ranking chart notes too). Again, apologies if you enjoy these. I don't mean to take any joy away from others. They just didn't suit me...at all.

I also have some notes to share about CCZ Melody (gotta disclose though that those were given to me for free from the manufacturer; that being said, I'll be honest - see notes below).

Tinhifi T2 Pro ($42 on Drop)

tempImageqybqBS.jpg

At this point, I feel like I must be doing something wrong with Tinhifi products. For some reason, I keep getting too shrill treble, or too unnatural voicing of the instruments. Before trying this one, I had tried the Tinhifi P1 and the T3.

In this, the T2 Pro, the sound is natural enough, and balanced enough in the bass and mids for my liking, but the treble is way way too shrill for me to tolerate. This is where I feel bad for saying something negative, because I sincerely wonder if I simply have a bad fit or the wrong tips or...something! I mean, I keep reading how people like this brand on the forums, but I've not enjoyed the T3 or T2 now. While the T3 had some degree of shrillness that made me unable to enjoy music as fully as I would have liked, the T2 (the one this note here is for) is so overbearingly sibilant that it's uncomfortable for me to listen to at the volume I want to enjoy my music at.

I tried, I really did. I put these deeper into my ear canal. I tried them just sitting near the entry of my ear canal. I tried Spinfit CP145 tips. I tried Campfire Marshmallow tips. I tried the stock tips that came equipped to the IEM's in the box. No matter how I tried to situate this set or tip them differently, I could not do anything to reduce the sibilance my ears picked up in the treble range.

Treble differs ear to ear though, so please take my treble problems with a grain of salt. Each of our ears alter treble responses drastically, so your mileage may certainly vary here. I just feel bad that I had to have such a negative experience, with my ears and my tastes. If you enjoy this set, I feel happy for you and wish I could too :)

CCZ Melody ($27)

tempImageaze0p6.jpg

These took me off guard. I think any time I put something in my ears that are under $30, I'm always surprised - not even if it's very good, but if it's even remotely decent. These were actually fairly decent. Would I say they are more enjoyable for me compared to the Aria at $80, which is my current top pick at $200 or below? No.

Would I say these are more enjoyable than the Tinhifi T2 Pro at $42? Easily!
What about the Blon BL-03, the current highly acclaimed budget IEM at $39? Hmmm...this may be a tough call. I could say yes. I liked the bass of the CCZ Melody. Not necessarily as balanced as the Blon, but quite fun - albeit suffering poor technicals everything does at this budget range.

The Melody has fun bass, although with the accompanying caveat almost all bass heavy gear has, which is a bit of a muffled mid section. It isn't so bad though, actually. It just isn't exactly clear. So no, I would not personally say I enjoy these enough to replace my higher priced gear. But....is this worth the low budget price over the other gear?

I would listen to these any day over the T2 Pro. I would also, after trying it side by side with the Blon BL-03, prefer the CCZ Melody, if for nothing else but the comfort actually. My Blon BL-03 are less comfortable in the ear and have also started to show issues with wire connectivity (even though I barely if ever use the BL-03). Seriously, my BL-03 can't even play back music well anymore. It comes out like a garbled mess. Like, this BL-03 be broken. I can't in good conscience recommend the BL-03 for this alone (for anyone who doesn't know, the wire in the BL-03 is not replaceable with another cable; if it breaks, you have to buy a new pair). At least the CCZ Melody has a detachable cable.

It's a real shame, since I would love to try a working BL-03 again so I can compare the sound qualities with a fresh take instead of a memory.

What about the KZ ZS5 (my current highest rated IEM sub-$50, at $35)? Honestly, no. I prefer the ZS5 still, and for maybe $8 more than the CCZ Melody. The ZS5 has a "clearer" signature to my ear. I'm a sucker for "clarity." Whether that simply means the treble is higher, or the bass isn't so high that the mids are muffled, in any case...I prefer the KS5.

I think these could be a great budget entry, maybe worth trying if you are up for trying multiple budget IEM's to see which you prefer. There isn't much bad about them in the tuning, but they are indeed simply decent technically - which is common at this price. So you may love these like anyone loves any budget gear. Or, like me, you simply have other more expensive gear to enjoy.
Very interesting post.
The CCZ Melody Is on the way :wink: (with QKZ VK4)
Now on sale on AliExpress for USD 16.09.
I'll share my impressions when them arrive :)

Aug 24, 2021 at 8:55 AM Post #28,623 of 31,833
Aug 25, 2021 at 5:45 PM Post #28,624 of 31,833
Hopefully this one is better than the other.

4F40E8ED-C670-4072-90E9-356314250445.jpeg

After I try these T4 on shortly, I’ll have tried every tinhifi I’ve heard talked about:
- T2 Pro
- T3
- T4
- P1

So far, the highest rated for my enjoyment has been the P1 at a “B.” The rest are C or less.

Ok, time to try the T4. Impressions incoming.

Aug 25, 2021 at 7:11 PM Post #28,625 of 31,833
Tinhifi T4 ($100)
tempImageiVHmHd.jpg

The other Tinhifi, besides the P1, that reaches the "B" tier of enjoyment for me. That is, these are enjoyable enough to listen to for me for much of my music, though not stellar nor unenjoyable in any particular respect. These are simply decent.

At first, I had a terrible time with these - just trying to fit them in right with the stock tips. I had to push them all the way into my ear canal to feel like I had a proper seal, and even then they felt not quite right (I had to addtionally push on them into my ear with my fingers, and keep holding that push with my fingers, to enjoy the deeper bass that were coming out of these).

After fiddling with them in my ear awhile, I gave up and tried Campfire Audio's Marshmallow tips, my trusted tips for correcting any issues with seal on some IEM's. With these foam tips on, I could finally enjoy some consistency in the seal/sound without involvement from my hands to fiddle around or hold the set in my ears the whole time.

The sound that came out of these seemed much much less sibilant or "shrill" than the T2 Pro and the T3. These T4's really did lower the treble enough for me to finally not feel bothered. I could just listen to my music without discomfort. So how do these actually sound to me? Well, decent in that there are no harsh areas to bother me. Also, there is enough bass to enjoy a "full" sound. Then in the mids though, while not entirely recessed still feel a bit like I was searching for something more. It's hard to put my finger on it, but let's take some examples.

In the vocal tracks on my playlist (like the "Hurt" cover by Youn Sun Nah), I didn't hear the voices pierce through me in that oh so wonderful way I feel connected when listening to better balanced set. Perhaps there was a tad too much warmth for me - my arch nemesis, the too high bass/low mids. At times where I just wanted to hear a pristine voice against a clean and clear backdrop, instead I heard a female voice sing behind a constant warm humm.

And, once again with Tinhifi, there is this general sense with the music that some instruments just don't hit me with the authenticity of real life, the forwardness of a drum or hit I expect, that altogether makes me ever wanting more. It would almost sound like I should give this set a lower score, like a "C" or a "D," but somehow I can only bring myself to give it a B- for enjoyment. I think this is because, as I write this note, despite those things that I wish I had more or better presence of, I still feel like I could listen to these and enjoy them to some degree or another. It's really close though. At any moment I may just talk myself into putting these at C+....hmmm. Yea. Sorry past me, this is not very enjoyable. Gotta be honest! Down to C+ it goes, mid-write-up.

Aug 25, 2021 at 7:17 PM Post #28,626 of 31,833
Hopefully this one is better than the other.

4F40E8ED-C670-4072-90E9-356314250445.jpeg

After I try these T4 on shortly, I’ll have tried every tinhifi I’ve heard talked about:
- T2 Pro
- T3
- T4
- P1

So far, the highest rated for my enjoyment has been the P1 at a “B.” The rest are C or less.

Ok, time to try the T4. Impressions incoming.
I didn't listen to P1 but original T2 was the best among the T series for me with an aftermarket cable.

Sep 3, 2021 at 8:14 AM Post #28,628 of 31,833
Hello, I have been watching this thread here and there, and several other iem threads, came across the moondrop thread and decided to buy a pair of starfieds, I really love the sound, much better then any other iems I have owned, but I listen to a fairly varied musical library and realized they don't do mainstream rap and some electronic (like 21 savage, or dj shadow) as well as they do prog rock, jazz and underground hip hop (like rush, Sergio Méndez, madlib)

Can you guys recommend a few options that are on a similar price point and similar level but with harder hitting sub bass (I prefer a dryer bass, with decent high treble and the mids not too far back)
Of course cheaper is also welcomed, I tried asking in the moondrop thread but got ignored so though I would try a couple other threads.
0.78mm 2 pin is a plus.
Thanks in advance

Sep 3, 2021 at 8:24 AM Post #28,629 of 31,833
I’ll save some cheddar, Blon BL03 :thinking:

Sep 3, 2021 at 9:42 AM Post #28,630 of 31,833
Hello, I have been watching this thread here and there, and several other iem threads, came across the moondrop thread and decided to buy a pair of starfieds, I really love the sound, much better then any other iems I have owned, but I listen to a fairly varied musical library and realized they don't do mainstream rap and some electronic (like 21 savage, or dj shadow) as well as they do prog rock, jazz and underground hip hop (like rush, Sergio Méndez, madlib)

Can you guys recommend a few options that are on a similar price point and similar level but with harder hitting sub bass (I prefer a dryer bass, with decent high treble and the mids not too far back)
Of course cheaper is also welcomed, I tried asking in the moondrop thread but got ignored so though I would try a couple other threads.
0.78mm 2 pin is a plus.
Thanks in advance

Ikko oh10, u can get with discount for 100
Any Tfz, usually works nice with rap and edm
Jade audio ea3, 13mm driver, really nice to eq. A little bit silibant

Risky bet: shuoer tape pro (need eq) really nice and rumble bass

Free tip. Get a pair of foam tips to elevate bass. Try to eq the bass response of the Starfields

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2021 at 9:46 AM Post #28,631 of 31,833
V-shaped, with recessed mids. Also, the bass quality isnt that good to me, too much rumble in the sub-bass.

Swap it with the original Tape, still needs EQ though. But not really recommended.

Sep 3, 2021 at 9:57 AM Post #28,632 of 31,833
too much rumble in the sub-bass.
I will definitely add those to my wishlist, checked the graphs, looks like there is more sub bass then mid bass, might be what I am searching for...
Thanks

Sep 3, 2021 at 9:59 AM Post #28,633 of 31,833
I will definitely add those to my wishlist, checked the graphs, looks like there is more sub bass then mid bass, might be what I am searching for...
Thanks

I auditioned the IKKO OH10 a few weeks ago. Quite a nice V shaped set. Big subbass. Nice soundstage. But the shells were quite heavy and caused fatigue for me, so I had to skip it.

I see it at discount at $159 USD on MassDROP now, that's not too bad a price for the sound, but perhaps if u can audition it first, in case it is not comfortable for you.

Sep 3, 2021 at 10:00 AM Post #28,634 of 31,833
Thanks
Yes, it does have more sub than mid bass. But it rumbles so much that it ends up sounding a bit bloated to me. If you arent a big basshead, I suggest that you stay away from it.

Sep 3, 2021 at 10:00 AM Post #28,635 of 31,833
Any Tfz, usually works nice with rap and edm
Jade audio ea3, 13mm driver, really nice to eq. A little bit silibant

Free tip. Get a pair of foam tips to elevate bass. Try to eq the bass response of the Starfields
I tried the foam tips but they make the starfield sound a bit gongested and they elevate the mid bass as well as the sub bass along with killing off the highs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back