CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Sep 5, 2021 at 11:27 PM Post #28,651 of 31,833
As @Podster sensei mentioned, BL-03 is good option. Another one that might fit your preferences is Tripowin Mele. Looks perfect for your requirements.
try CCA NRA. you will like it... great crisp treble and thumping bass - thanks to the 10mm DD.

Sep 6, 2021 at 4:51 AM Post #28,653 of 31,833
try CCA NRA. you will like it... great crisp treble and thumping bass - thanks to the 10mm DD.
Mine is in transit for over 2 weeks now. Sigh. But I'm very excited nonetheless. Since KZ/CCA has bit more bite in treble over BLON Mele seemed a safe and easy recommendation. I'm sure NRA will be fantastic considering the love it is getting on the CCA thread.

Sep 6, 2021 at 7:17 AM Post #28,655 of 31,833
Sep 9, 2021 at 2:51 AM Post #28,656 of 31,833
Hi all, CCZ Melody was arrived.
Only 15 hours of burn in but It just show her character.
Estended frequency response with deep bass and sub bass, nice mids and good detailed not pearcing high.

By now this iem sims plays better with the originale silicon tips vs foam.

I'm very pleased.

Thank's all for your suggestions. :) 👍

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2021 at 10:30 PM Post #28,657 of 31,833
Hi everyone, I have been reading KZ, CCA, Kbear, and this thread from end of 2020 posts.

I am loving my Kbear Lark and trying to add to my collection but trying to up the price a little bit, looking for good detail with better technicality. Based on the posts I read, people might say I like neutral and slightly bright sound.
Trying to find something around $50, can go up but not much. I'd prefer sub $50

Some people recommended HE01, FH1S, TFZ Live 3 (<-- these three might be a little bit over my budget), ZAX, CCA C10 Pro, TFZ Live 1, Kbear KB04. But not sure which of these pairs' sound profile matches my search for Kbear Lark upgrade.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2021 at 10:37 PM Post #28,658 of 31,833
Hi everyone, I have been reading KZ, CCA, Kbear, and this thread from end of 2020 posts.

I am loving my Kbear Lark and trying to add to my collection but trying to up the price a little bit, looking for good detail with better technicality. Based on the posts I read, people might say I like neutral and slightly bright sound.

Some people recommended HE01, FH1S, TFZ Live 3 (<-- these three might be a little bit over my budget), ZAX, CCA C10 Pro, TFZ Live 1, Kbear KB04. But not sure which of these pairs' sound profile matches my search for Kbear Lark upgrade.

I have HE01, & used to have FH1S (sold it due to poor isolation). If you prefer neutral to slightly bright sound, I'm afraid that those 2 would not suit you. Both of them could be described as V-shaped, fun & engaging sound, with a healthy amount of bass & treble boost.

I would advise to go up to 80$ (same as HE01 & FH1S) to get Moondrop Aria. The stock sound is harmanish, but if you remove the metal hex filter, bass is reduced quite some amount, making it brighter.

For 50$, I can only point you to HZSound Heart Mirror. I used "point" because I only hear good things about it, without hearing it myself :).

P/S: nearly forgot, excellent contenders in your price range could be the twin Moondrop SSR/SSP :wink:. I haven't heard SSP, but I & my wife love SSR :).

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2021 at 10:38 PM Post #28,659 of 31,833

First thing that sprung to mind for me was HZSound Heart Mirror.
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/hzsound-heart-mirror.24597/reviews

Sep 13, 2021 at 11:05 PM Post #28,660 of 31,833
x3 for Heart Mirror hype. This one is high on my list too for a neutral-bright budget set with good technicalities.

I passed on HE01 because it looks warm to bass centric vee shape. All the kbears I've skipped also for reports of them being warm. Even I3 pro looks too "refined" in the treble for my liking.

I think to get a good set that is tuned to neutral without being strident is going to be in the next price bracket.

If you want to roll the dice there's always KZ AS10. it's an older model and well under $50. 5 BA per side, had good reviews for being a more neutral set when it came out. I have the BA10 which sounds great but it's distinctly vee shaped.

Sep 13, 2021 at 11:32 PM Post #28,661 of 31,833
I have HE01, & used to have FH1S (sold it due to poor isolation). If you prefer neutral to slightly bright sound, I'm afraid that those 2 would not suit you. Both of them could be described as V-shaped, fun & engaging sound, with a healthy amount of bass & treble boost.

I would advise to go up to 80$ (same as HE01 & FH1S) to get Moondrop Aria. The stock sound is harmanish, but if you remove the metal hex filter, bass is reduced quite some amount, making it brighter.

For 50$, I can only point you to HZSound Heart Mirror. I used "point" because I only hear good things about it, without hearing it myself :).

P/S: nearly forgot, excellent contenders in your price range could be the twin Moondrop SSR/SSP :wink:. I haven't heard SSP, but I & my wife love SSR :).
First thing that sprung to mind for me was HZSound Heart Mirror.
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/hzsound-heart-mirror.24597/reviews
x3 for Heart Mirror hype. This one is high on my list too for a neutral-bright budget set with good technicalities.

I passed on HE01 because it looks warm to bass centric vee shape. All the kbears I've skipped also for reports of them being warm. Even I3 pro looks too "refined" in the treble for my liking.

I think to get a good set that is tuned to neutral without being strident is going to be in the next price bracket.

If you want to roll the dice there's always KZ AS10. it's an older model and well under $50. 5 BA per side, had good reviews for being a more neutral set when it came out. I have the BA10 which sounds great but it's distinctly vee shaped.

I've had my interest at Heart Mirror before but the reason why I'm not including it in my options is because they are tough to find where I live.
Been looking and waiting for Heart Mirror to pop up on an Indonesian ecommerce site for months, contacted a few of trusted retailers who I think have diverse collection of chifis and they don't seem to plan to stock them, and I have to pay crazy amount of import taxes if I were to get it from outside my country (Aliexpress, etc) :rolling_eyes:
Bummed that it's so tough to find.

I've tried SSR back in 2020, borrowed from a friend at work but I have to insert it really deep and that pair were really tough to drive with my Shanling M0. Do I have to get a good dac amp for SSR?

Multiple reviews also said that the Larks are V-shaped : https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/kbear-lark.24761/reviews
:thinking:
I'm not too familiar with technical audio theories but what I can describe is that the Lark has bass, good amount, but it's a really quick one and not boomy. I might be wrong about neutral bright, I remember America Spirit said its neural bright in past post but some other says it's V-shape. But really what I'm looking for is bass that's not too overpowered and overtaking everything, but highs with details and clarity, mids that's not too recessed, and able to keep up with fast tracks (bass, and details) in general for a lack of better terms. I listen to Snarky Puppy, Badbadnotgood, Tennyson, Thundercat, Anderson Paak, popular music that kids listen to (EDM, rap, etc), and some Alt Rock Genres (Tame Impala, Toro Y Moi, King Gizzard) are some of the examples.

Sep 13, 2021 at 11:35 PM Post #28,662 of 31,833
x4 on Heart Mirror.. I have it and very satisfied with it.. Was skeptic/worry at first when I saw the FR graph.. But I made up my mind and just got it and not regretting at all.. It is my reference now against others..

Sep 13, 2021 at 11:37 PM Post #28,663 of 31,833
I've had my interest at Heart Mirror before but the reason why I'm not including it in my options is because they are tough to find where I live.
Been looking and waiting for Heart Mirror to pop up on an Indonesian ecommerce site for months, contacted a few of trusted retailers who I think have diverse collection of chifis and they don't seem to plan to stock them, and I have to pay crazy amount of import taxes if I were to get it from outside my country (Aliexpress, etc) :rolling_eyes:

I've tried SSR back in 2020, borrowed from a friend at work but I have to insert it really deep and that pair were really tough to drive with my Shanling M0. Do I have to get a good dac amp for SSR?

Multiple reviews also said that the Larks are V-shaped : https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/kbear-lark.24761/reviews
I'm not too familiar with technical audio theories but what I can describe is that the Lark has bass, good amount, but it's a really quick one and not boomy. I might be wrong about neutral bright, I remember America Spirit said its neural bright in past post but some other says it's V-shape. But really what I'm looking for is bass that's not too overpowered and overtaking everything, but highs with details and clarity, mids that's not too recessed, and able to keep up with fast tracks (bass, and details) in general for a lack of better terms. I listen to Snarky Puppy, Badbadnotgood, Tennyson, Thundercat, Anderson Paak, popular music that kids listen to (EDM, rap, etc), and some Alt Rock Genres (Tame Impala, Toro Y Moi, King Gizzard) are some of the examples.
Heart Mirror could easily available via Toped or Shopee.. That's where I got mine

Sep 13, 2021 at 11:44 PM Post #28,665 of 31,833

A lot more money, but have you considered Thieaudio Voyager 3? It's another on my list. Not as popular as it's Legacy 3 brother but it is sporting 3 authentic Knowles drivers and includes 2 tuning dip switches. It was tuned to be similar to V14 which was designed as a reference monitor.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back