CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Aug 21, 2021 at 10:53 PM Post #28,606 of 31,833
Oh no! Could you help me review this selection I have in mind? You may have tried some of them :sweat_smile:

(~$200): Aune Jasper, JVC FDX1, Sony XBA N3, Tanchjim Hana 2021, Thieaudio Legacy 4, YanYin Aladdin

(~$600): Acoustune HS1650, Dunu SA6 & Zen Pro, Fearless S8Pro & Z, Moondrop Variations, Oriolus Isabellae, Shanling ME700 Lite, Softears RSV, Thieaudio Oracle & Monarch, XENNS UP
+1 DUNU SA6, If I was told to pick one around $600, I may still pick SA6 over Variations or Monarch due to its all-rounder tuning. Variations and Monarch are technicality superior but a all rounder pick when compared to SA6.

Aug 22, 2021 at 12:42 PM Post #28,607 of 31,833
both my Kbear Belive and my blon blo3 broke and im now stuck with an old tin t2 i had as backup. Im not really happy with the t2 after using the Belive as my daily.
Not sure what to get now tho. My budget would be around 170usd. Might get the Aria but not sure if there is anything better around that price range.

Aug 22, 2021 at 1:03 PM Post #28,608 of 31,833
both my Kbear Belive and my blon blo3 broke and im now stuck with an old tin t2 i had as backup. Im not really happy with the t2 after using the Belive as my daily.
Not sure what to get now tho. My budget would be around 170usd. Might get the Aria but not sure if there is anything better around that price range.

Tanchjim Hana v2 perhaps? Or a Vento Conductor T500Pro which is 99% the same as Believe.

Aug 22, 2021 at 1:38 PM Post #28,610 of 31,833
I would like to try the Vento Conductor T500Pr but not sure how or where to buy them, with shipping to EU
Its on hifigo and luckily with Yunexpress (priority shipping) you do not need to pay any extra VAT or import fees.
1629653892143.png

https://hifigo.com/collections/new-arrival/products/vento-conductor-vc-t-500pro-in-ear-headphone

Aug 23, 2021 at 10:15 AM Post #28,612 of 31,833
Amazon US has Moondrop Aria on sale for $71.99 right now
Thanks for the tip. Turns out they also have it in DE and NL for €71.10 which is comparable. Just ordered mine. :wink:
(Edit: I thought it was including VAT but apparently the vendor claims it is excluded from VAT.)
(Edit 2: In the end, the price WAS including VAT. The vendor claim was probably a leftover from before the new VAT regulations in the EU. All in all a very competitive price, which was already lower compared to ordering on AE, plus I will receive mine later today.)

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2021 at 2:40 PM Post #28,613 of 31,833
Amazon US has Moondrop Aria on sale for $71.99 right now

Thanks! I just ordered a pair before they sell out. I've been wanting to try these and decided it was time, as the Harman-ish curve is very pleasing to my ears. Can't wait to give them a listen.

Last edited:
Aug 23, 2021 at 9:58 PM Post #28,614 of 31,833
Gosh I feel bad sharing bad impressions, but I wanted to share my honest take on the Tinhifi T2, which I just got in and cost under $50 on Drop. Here's what I have to say (and am copying in my ranking chart notes too). Again, apologies if you enjoy these. I don't mean to take any joy away from others. They just didn't suit me...at all.

I also have some notes to share about CCZ Melody (gotta disclose though that those were given to me for free from the manufacturer; that being said, I'll be honest - see notes below).

Tinhifi T2 Pro ($42 on Drop)

tempImageqybqBS.jpg

At this point, I feel like I must be doing something wrong with Tinhifi products. For some reason, I keep getting too shrill treble, or too unnatural voicing of the instruments. Before trying this one, I had tried the Tinhifi P1 and the T3.

In this, the T2 Pro, the sound is natural enough, and balanced enough in the bass and mids for my liking, but the treble is way way too shrill for me to tolerate. This is where I feel bad for saying something negative, because I sincerely wonder if I simply have a bad fit or the wrong tips or...something! I mean, I keep reading how people like this brand on the forums, but I've not enjoyed the T3 or T2 now. While the T3 had some degree of shrillness that made me unable to enjoy music as fully as I would have liked, the T2 (the one this note here is for) is so overbearingly sibilant that it's uncomfortable for me to listen to at the volume I want to enjoy my music at.

I tried, I really did. I put these deeper into my ear canal. I tried them just sitting near the entry of my ear canal. I tried Spinfit CP145 tips. I tried Campfire Marshmallow tips. I tried the stock tips that came equipped to the IEM's in the box. No matter how I tried to situate this set or tip them differently, I could not do anything to reduce the sibilance my ears picked up in the treble range.

Treble differs ear to ear though, so please take my treble problems with a grain of salt. Each of our ears alter treble responses drastically, so your mileage may certainly vary here. I just feel bad that I had to have such a negative experience, with my ears and my tastes. If you enjoy this set, I feel happy for you and wish I could too :)

CCZ Melody ($27)

tempImageaze0p6.jpg

These took me off guard. I think any time I put something in my ears that are under $30, I'm always surprised - not even if it's very good, but if it's even remotely decent. These were actually fairly decent. Would I say they are more enjoyable for me compared to the Aria at $80, which is my current top pick at $200 or below? No.

Would I say these are more enjoyable than the Tinhifi T2 Pro at $42? Easily!
What about the Blon BL-03, the current highly acclaimed budget IEM at $39? Hmmm...this may be a tough call. I could say yes. I liked the bass of the CCZ Melody. Not necessarily as balanced as the Blon, but quite fun - albeit suffering poor technicals everything does at this budget range.

The Melody has fun bass, although with the accompanying caveat almost all bass heavy gear has, which is a bit of a muffled mid section. It isn't so bad though, actually. It just isn't exactly clear. So no, I would not personally say I enjoy these enough to replace my higher priced gear. But....is this worth the low budget price over the other gear?

I would listen to these any day over the T2 Pro. I would also, after trying it side by side with the Blon BL-03, prefer the CCZ Melody, if for nothing else but the comfort actually. My Blon BL-03 are less comfortable in the ear and have also started to show issues with wire connectivity (even though I barely if ever use the BL-03). Seriously, my BL-03 can't even play back music well anymore. It comes out like a garbled mess. Like, this BL-03 be broken. I can't in good conscience recommend the BL-03 for this alone (for anyone who doesn't know, the wire in the BL-03 is not replaceable with another cable; if it breaks, you have to buy a new pair). At least the CCZ Melody has a detachable cable.

It's a real shame, since I would love to try a working BL-03 again so I can compare the sound qualities with a fresh take instead of a memory.

What about the KZ ZS5 (my current highest rated IEM sub-$50, at $35)? Honestly, no. I prefer the ZS5 still, and for maybe $8 more than the CCZ Melody. The ZS5 has a "clearer" signature to my ear. I'm a sucker for "clarity." Whether that simply means the treble is higher, or the bass isn't so high that the mids are muffled, in any case...I prefer the KS5.

I think these could be a great budget entry, maybe worth trying if you are up for trying multiple budget IEM's to see which you prefer. There isn't much bad about them in the tuning, but they are indeed simply decent technically - which is common at this price. So you may love these like anyone loves any budget gear. Or, like me, you simply have other more expensive gear to enjoy.

Aug 23, 2021 at 10:53 PM Post #28,615 of 31,833
Blon BL03 can use 0.78mm 2 pin connection or NX7 pin connection cables. NX7 pin fits slightly better than 0.78 but either work just fine.

Aug 24, 2021 at 4:16 AM Post #28,616 of 31,833
Blon BL03 can use 0.78mm 2 pin connection or NX7 pin connection cables. NX7 pin fits slightly better than 0.78 but either work just fine.
I just ordered a cable from AE that should fit even better. The page appears to be for the IEMs, but if you look at the options, there are Blon specific cables for all types of connectors.
I think the NX7 pin cables leave a gap because the recess is not deep enough.

Aug 24, 2021 at 6:11 AM Post #28,618 of 31,833
Hi guys,
a stupid curiosity....how do you write your equipment under the post?
🤔🤔🤔

Aug 24, 2021 at 6:12 AM Post #28,619 of 31,833
Aug 24, 2021 at 6:21 AM Post #28,620 of 31,833

Users who are viewing this thread

Back