CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Aug 5, 2021 at 4:37 AM Post #28,576 of 31,833
Aug 5, 2021 at 4:47 AM Post #28,577 of 31,833
Yeah that's a possibility, or there's always EQ. But even so, I wasn't a fan of the thin note weight on the SSR, don't think the micropore mod or EQ could fix that.

Anyways the SSR was a loaner and I've returned it. Oh wells.
Same here with the SSR...loved the fit, but in the end not enough weight to the music.

Aug 5, 2021 at 5:26 AM Post #28,578 of 31,833
Aug 5, 2021 at 6:56 AM Post #28,579 of 31,833
I'm working on my review as well and I'd say that I agree for the most parts, but maybe try a tip with a long nozzle and that bass will be astonishing. I assume you are using them with Spiral Dot or the stock tips.
I am using the stock medium white silicone tips. I will try KZ Starlines which are taller. Thank you for the tip (lol).

Aug 7, 2021 at 3:47 PM Post #28,580 of 31,833
Aug 11, 2021 at 2:16 AM Post #28,581 of 31,833
They are releasing new 7BA(TRN X7) and I hope it’s a Audio Technica style🤔
The shell looks nice.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNuFsWL
I received coupon code: TRNX72
Not sure how much it discounts..m(note: tried, the promo code was $20 off, but still $110 for 30095?…tuning looks pretty flat from bass to 4khz, then it appears pretty dark going upward

9F2B983B-C919-4C71-92A1-D9A3EB76D70F.jpeg

590424CB-3C76-44F8-B504-26B55B16C75A.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2021 at 8:03 AM Post #28,582 of 31,833
My review of the HZ Sound Heart Mirror is now available to read:
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/hzsound-heart-mirror.24597/reviews

Darn I can't decide on the Etymotic ER2SE (which I had before) and the Heart Mirror.

I was dead set on picking up another ER2SE but had second thoughts at the last moment. Both are identical in price, I can pick up the ER2SE locally at Adorama in NYC for $49. The only reason I gave up my previous set was the bullet design.

Aug 11, 2021 at 10:00 AM Post #28,584 of 31,833
Darn I can't decide on the Etymotic ER2SE (which I had before) and the Heart Mirror.

I was dead set on picking up another ER2SE but had second thoughts at the last moment. Both are identical in price, I can pick up the ER2SE locally at Adorama in NYC for $49. The only reason I gave up my previous set was the bullet design.
ER2E and HeartMirror are very different IEMs, ER2E is a mid-centric flat and weightless sounding monitor IEM to check sounds I grade as Tonality C, technicality B. HeartMirror is bright-harman ish neutral Starfield mock up, tonality B, Technicality B-.

I would note ER2E does not have any sound stage, as designed for monitoring sound like you have a pair of 2ch speaker right next to you, that helps for some, but I can see for my case it does not fit for musically.

Aug 11, 2021 at 10:26 AM Post #28,585 of 31,833

If Etymotic neutral is upto your preferences then ER2SE is good contender but that deep insertion bullet design is a pain.

Heart Mirror has great technicalities and timbre with a bright neutral signature. For $50 or even $100, not many single DDs pack a punch like them. Overall it's a good package and a durable product.

If you can demo the set locally that would be the best way to make the judgement.

Aug 11, 2021 at 10:56 AM Post #28,586 of 31,833
Thanks guys. Think I'll just get the ER2SE again. The only issue I had with the ER2SE was the bullet design. I was always hunting for a ChiFi iem with a similar sig (which I like).

Aug 11, 2021 at 9:51 PM Post #28,587 of 31,833
If Etymotic neutral is upto your preferences then ER2SE is good contender but that deep insertion bullet design is a pain.

Heart Mirror has great technicalities and timbre with a bright neutral signature. For $50 or even $100, not many single DDs pack a punch like them. Overall it's a good package and a durable product.

If you can demo the set locally that would be the best way to make the judgement.

I had the privilege to audition the TForce Yuan Li tour unit and this set is a single DD with very good technicalities and authentic timbre. Neutralish bright tuning. I think it is actually an upgrade over the Heart Mirror in technical performance. The Yuan Li needs amping too, it scales very well with amping. It is kind of a mini Tanchjim Oxygen.

My only issue with the Yuan Li was the upper mids are a bit fatiguing and can be shouty on some recordings. This tour unit is not the final tuning though, heard that TForce is damping the upper mids slightly for their final release product, after taking feedback from the first adopters. I really look forward to the final tour unit, was already quite impressed with the prerelease unit.

WhatsApp Image 2021-08-12 at 09.49.43.jpeg

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2021 at 1:45 AM Post #28,588 of 31,833
Recommendations please! I recently ordered Heart Mirror as my first IEM. They haven't even been delivered yet, but I would like to order another set or two with different tunings to compliment them. My budget is $100ish, and I will be listening on IEMagni/Modi3+

Aug 12, 2021 at 2:09 AM Post #28,589 of 31,833
Recommendations please! I recently ordered Heart Mirror as my first IEM. They haven't even been delivered yet, but I would like to order another set or two with different tunings to compliment them. My budget is $100ish, and I will be listening on IEMagni/Modi3+
For something different and complimentary you can consider the KBEAR Neon.

Aug 12, 2021 at 4:48 AM Post #28,590 of 31,833
I had the privilege to audition the TForce Yuan Li tour unit and this set is a single DD with very good technicalities and authentic timbre. Neutralish bright tuning. I think it is actually an upgrade over the Heart Mirror in technical performance. The Yuan Li needs amping too, it scales very well with amping. It is kind of a mini Tanchjim Oxygen.

My only issue with the Yuan Li was the upper mids are a bit fatiguing and can be shouty on some recordings. This tour unit is not the final tuning though, heard that TForce is damping the upper mids slightly for their final release product, after taking feedback from the first adopters. I really look forward to the final tour unit, was already quite impressed with the prerelease unit.

They look great and sound profile is interesting. Definitely going into my watchlist. Will be interesting to see how they fare as an overall offering vs FD3/Pro
Maybe you can try Tin T2 Plus if a different version of neutral is what you need. Else in the fun tuning variants you can try KZ DQ6 (mild V shape), Geek Wold GK10 (I have one on the way as well, but impressions are mostly positive so far), and Moondrop Aria (Harman neutral tuning)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back