CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
May 10, 2021 at 3:49 AM Post #27,991 of 31,858
in your opinion, does it sound closer to the BL01 or BL03 in tuning?
It's closer to the 03 in tuning. It has a dip in the sub bass though. It has more mid bass than the 01

May 10, 2021 at 2:42 PM Post #27,993 of 31,858
+1 Plus, the "mini" has quite a big soundstage once burned-in. Believe it, or not, I even like the technicality more than the BL05s!
Wow, that’s pretty daring statement. How can a cheaper IEM within the same brand matched with its more expensive counterpart.

did BLON do it on purpose or they are trying to kill their other products??

May 11, 2021 at 4:56 AM Post #27,996 of 31,858
Wow, that’s pretty daring statement. How can a cheaper IEM within the same brand matched with its more expensive counterpart.

did BLON do it on purpose or they are trying to kill their other products??
I know!...It sounds crazy! But that's what I'm actually hearing after many hours of listening and burning them in.

...I don't really have the answer on what they're trying to achieve.:thinking:

-Clear

May 11, 2021 at 11:55 AM Post #27,998 of 31,858
Hi Clear, Could you please give me your definition of technicality when you get a chance.... Thanks!
Technicality in the world of audio is simply a term that describes "realism vs accuracy" on details, soundstage, and imaging whether you're listening to your favorite music in hi-end audio speakers, headphones, in-ear monitors, or earbuds representing the truest form of a live performance.

So, when I mention the positive technicality aspect of the sound of any in-ear monitor, that means it is well represented with true-to-life details, soundstage, and imaging throughout most of its sound signature.

To know more on "Realism vs Accuracy For Audiophiles" you can checkout the link below. It is very informative!
https://audiophilestyle.com/ca/bits...uracy-for-audiophiles-part-1-soundstage-r994/

Hope this gives you an idea...:thumbsup:

-Clear

May 11, 2021 at 1:58 PM Post #27,999 of 31,858
For me technicalities would primarily come down to distortion, transparency, transient delays (CSD) and dynamics.

+1 Plus, the "mini" has quite a big soundstage once burned-in. Believe it, or not, I even like the technicality more than the BL05s!
That would be awesome. I picked up the 05S and I actually like it more than the 01. I find the 05S sounds more natural though has less bass impact. The timbre on the 05S is better for acoustic and instrumental works but still has sufficient 'oomph' in the low end to play nice for modern music styles. It's actually one of my favourite tunings of any IEM / headphone and I've gone through and own a number (Utopia, HD800, ER4SR, Sony EX and XBA series, Audeze, etc).

I love the presence on the 05S. Although I'm still looking at these other new IEMs on the market (Sennheiser IE900, IE300, Fiio, Thieaudio, etc), I know already I'm keeping my 05S. With its new litz cable (for comfort / aesthetic) and tips, its practically the ideal iem/headphone for me. My three 01s went to family and friends.

Some people said the 03 was a happy accident, but I've read that the Blon team is made of some serious audio engineers - young and old. It's not an easy feat to get tuning right on an IEM, I mean just look at how long many of the majors have been at it without an outright slam dunk.

The upcoming Blon Prometheus is pretty much an instabuy from me.

May 12, 2021 at 1:20 AM Post #28,000 of 31,858
I just got HZSound Heart Mirror... now is in burn in...
But early impression is very, very positive... sound very well tuned, natural and balanced..
I agree with Baskingshark... this is Blon BL 03 killer... (ok Heart Mirror is 50% more expensive than BL 03, but it is still sub $50).

I could see the reason they name it Heart Mirror... it is basically pass through the character of the source and the song... warm sound warm, bright sound bright, fun sound fun... which also mean how our emotion react to these kind of songs... all back to our heart (I know... it should be ear and brain)

May 12, 2021 at 6:52 AM Post #28,001 of 31,858
Thanks for the tips on KS1, just ordered. Also grabbed MT1 as TRN store was willing to give discount. Can't wait! Still preferring my F1 over all my TOTL sets, just something so catchy about the KBEAR house sound.

May 12, 2021 at 7:00 AM Post #28,002 of 31,858
Thanks for the tips on KS1, just ordered. Also grabbed MT1 as TRN store was willing to give discount. Can't wait! Still preferring my F1 over all my TOTL sets, just something so catchy about the KBEAR house sound.
Is that the KB Ear F1 you're referring to? They've got a new one not-yet-released called the Neon if you haven't seen it yet. It's a single-BA as well so this might be the update to the F1.

Looks to be sideways QDC, similar to Etymotic with their MMCX. Fit as well, cause that looks to be a long ass nozzle 😂 Anyone noticed that the marketing material is reminiscent of the famous Star Wars style?

1620817224613.png

Last edited:
May 12, 2021 at 8:12 AM Post #28,003 of 31,858
Technicality in the world of audio is simply a term that describes "realism vs accuracy" on details, soundstage, and imaging whether you're listening to your favorite music in hi-end audio speakers, headphones, in-ear monitors, or earbuds representing the truest form of a live performance.

So, when I mention the positive technicality aspect of the sound of any in-ear monitor, that means it is well represented with true-to-life details, soundstage, and imaging throughout most of its sound signature.

To know more on "Realism vs Accuracy For Audiophiles" you can checkout the link below. It is very informative!
https://audiophilestyle.com/ca/bits...uracy-for-audiophiles-part-1-soundstage-r994/

Hope this gives you an idea...:thumbsup:

-Clear

Thank you, That was very informative and just what I needed!

May 12, 2021 at 8:56 AM Post #28,004 of 31,858
I just got HZSound Heart Mirror... now is in burn in...
But early impression is very, very positive... sound very well tuned, natural and balanced..
I agree with Baskingshark... this is Blon BL 03 killer... (ok Heart Mirror is 50% more expensive than BL 03, but it is still sub $50).

I could see the reason they name it Heart Mirror... it is basically pass through the character of the source and the song... warm sound warm, bright sound bright, fun sound fun... which also mean how our emotion react to these kind of songs... all back to our heart (I know... it should be ear and brain)
Heart Mirror is still my NO1 suggestion for best single DD under 100$. It deserve way more praising!
Budget master of technicalities with well balanced and realist tonality. I call it baby Final A8000 cause its the only other iem i have that sound similar.
Dont forget to play with eartips and different source, it like a bit of amping....imo 300mw@32ohm is enough to show full potential.
On NBBA, I'm not joking, 100% of people that buy it are very impressed and happy happy!

May 12, 2021 at 8:59 AM Post #28,005 of 31,858
Is that the KB Ear F1 you're referring to? They've got a new one not-yet-released called the Neon if you haven't seen it yet. It's a single-BA as well so this might be the update to the F1.

Looks to be sideways QDC, similar to Etymotic with their MMCX. Fit as well, cause that looks to be a long ass nozzle 😂 Anyone noticed that the marketing material is reminiscent of the famous Star Wars style?

1620817224613.png
These are suppose to use single KNOWLES 29689 BA so ya, it will sure be a big upgrade from the messy F1! More like a cheaper FIIO FA1 (use very similar ba).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back