CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
May 12, 2021 at 4:42 PM Post #28,021 of 31,867
Make some time im not active here...thanks to NBBA facebook group that stole my nerdy time....
Right now the BIG hype is around TRN MT1 which is suppose to beat KZ EDX, KBear KS1 and QKZ VK4, but that's a matter of taste too. Anyway, it can be found for 5-10$ maing it a VERY welcome single DD addition.
We never have too much single DD offering!

You can check a NBBA member review here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/2356925341002367/permalink/4585934351434777

Whats your take about it? Did it worth the praise??
Wow just read your post.

I was hyped just a few seconds ago about MT1, as to me it sounds a good or better as EDX among all those single DDs. I have KS1, VK1, VK4, Final E500, and EDX, all sub $30 single DDs, most enjoyable one so far is MT1, most accurate and neutral/natural is E500, warmest one EDX, Dominating Bass KS1, somehow in between for VK1/VK4.

What will I pick as an ultimate buddy is Final E500 though, hard to beat this level of coherence and neutrality of all IEMs I have.
To enjoy music, I may pick MT1. Greatly tuned V or sometimes sounding W shape focused.

May 12, 2021 at 4:43 PM Post #28,022 of 31,867
The QKZ VK1 need burn in and need good amplification too. It won’t work with a single smartphone. Check out the specs.
Thanks! Burn-in in progress, I like the shape of VK1 better than VK4, and it looks like a solid IEM after burn-in.

May 12, 2021 at 5:12 PM Post #28,023 of 31,867
Thanks for your advice Nymph.. I'll try other tips as well.. The default tip felt very good on my ear.. Almost like MH755 tip, but more sticky.. I'll try it with Spinfits later.. (I don't have many eartips.. My medium size ear seems easy with most default tips)

Will try with my Topping L30 later.. Now my desk is full of equipment (network eq) related with my work.. Need to finish my work first before taking out my audio stuffs back there..
Burning in Heart Mirror continued.. With the last three hours is in my ear.. (Yes they are still in my ear while I typed this)

I don't know.. But It seemed since about last 1.5 hours.. Suddenly the sound 'click' and my brain synced with them. It could be that they suddenly open up after almost 16 hours of burning, or that my brain was really burned in to understand their signature..

Before the 'click' happened, I struggled with their signature... This is the least bassy IEM I have.. My brain was still looking for the bass.. I even created low shelf filter on PEQ to add more bass.. But I was not happy with the result and thus kept using it without any equalization. Then after that I was in the overwhelmed situation.. It was just like my ear heard too much information and struggle to process them.

Then somehow the 'click' happened... Suddenly I could 'hear' them well.. Such the puzzle pieces fall in to their places.. Yes, the information is still so much but instead of overwhelmed me, they became informative to me... Suddenly the singer(s) and instruments seperated from each other, their boundaries are shaped up.. My heart finally touched by them.. :relaxed:

Bad recording sounded like it was. So-so recording keep sounded the same.. But the better recorded songs suddenly come into life like they never before... This IEM produced very soulful sounds...

Vocals sounded very nice.. But the most excellent is the sound of piano. Piano sounded really, really beautiful on Heart Mirror..

This sound is almost like how the Audeze Sine sound, sans their forwardness...

So, I declare.. I'm very happy with them..

Note: I use Them with TRN T2 (16 core SPC) cable, with balanced 2.5mm to Qudelix 5K. Using LDAC BT from my LG V20 with Foobar. Default tips. Tried MH755 and Spinfit CP100 but prefer the bass and balance of default tip.

May 12, 2021 at 5:14 PM Post #28,024 of 31,867
May 12, 2021 at 5:24 PM Post #28,025 of 31,867
DQ6’s weakness is frequency transition, it’s not the most smoothest curve, many dips and hiccups as well. But when a distortion on guitar with numerous other distortions of rock slammed together those Hiccups could be simply forgiving, in fact I’ve played in many live houses, and some small ones have same type of odd acoustics, so some may feel small live house experiece with DQ6 due to its weird yet somehow nicely tuned curve.

Jade Audio compared to that is more of “sitting next to Bassist’s amp with mixing guy sneezed and suddently turned 8k bar to the top with painful tinnitus” style. Which I think it’s not a all rounder for many audience. Bass range do resonate, and if it does it simply will make bass line uncontrollable due to its excessive quantity, so it it matches with one’s sweet spot, it would stay calm, if not, longer wave length cacophony is a thing I will call catastrophe.

When recommending that it may need some foot notes.

U've been recomending Lark ofr DQ6, both of them have bigger flaws than Jade audio, and need a big foot note.

DQ6 without burning, o nice tips got that transition problems.... I didn't try lark, so let going to be confident on them.

Maybe ur setup with jade audio doesn't work well, but bass its not the biggest problem, maybe the high frecuencies and thee peaks should be the one to point it out. For me they are nice for edm or rap music, so much better than DQ6 right out the box.

Last edited:
May 12, 2021 at 5:39 PM Post #28,026 of 31,867
Didn't ask for a review unit from TRN as it was reported here to use the same driver as the EDX (hated it), only with a different nozzle, and thus the movement of the treble peaks.

I do have the Lypertek Bevi 2, TRN TA1, and an iBasso IT01X shipped to me and should arrive within a few days.

The Blon Mini honeymoon phase meanwhile has died down and I'd currently rate it at 4.5 stars. The bass response is so much like a BA, with improvements due to it being a dynamic. Timbre is dry-ish, not as analogue as KB Ear KS1.

I haven't tried the FA1 but I do have the Audiosense DT200 which I consider a perfect tonality for my preference.
Really? Where do you get this info that they use same driver?

EDX is a strange beast, not perfect and I understand some find the tonality a bit unnatural or too bright...i remember HATING it with stock cable and tips directly hooked to my cold-sounding Xduoo X20...but this all change with nicehck 16cores copper cable and grey wide bore eartips and other source like Ibasso DX90, Audirect BEAM2 or SMSL SU9-SH9. Weakish sub bass is biggest issue for me but otherwise its perhaps the best (more coherent tuning) KZ i heard.

DT200 look marvelous...strange that they think only Japanese people will like this tonality...seem they change their mind. Might try to get my hand on it...but last IEM i try from Audiosense was underwhelming (AQ3) warmly bloomed bassy mess.

I have on my way the Macaroni, the overshadowed BL05s and already polemical Tinhifi T5.

By the way...whats your name on NBBA??

May 12, 2021 at 5:54 PM Post #28,027 of 31,867
Really? Where do you get this info that they use same driver?
One has both and graphed them. Basically the same but there were slight differences which may be attributed to the change in nozzle width and/or length (less bass and bigger treble dip in MT1). If I remember correctly, it was @saldsald.

DT200 look marvelous...strange that they think only Japanese people will like this tonality...seem they change their mind. Might try to get my hand on it...but last IEM i try from Audiosense was underwhelming (AQ3) warmly bloomed bassy mess.

By the way...whats your name on NBBA??
DT200 is a wonderful IEM. And it's not even an Asian tuning 😂 I think you should wait for the DT300 which hopefully releases next week. When I asked for the AQ3, they said it's their only model "till now, I no see buyer satisfied." There'll be an update called AQ4.

A. Santiago😉 Glad to see you're back on Head-Fi?

Last edited:
May 12, 2021 at 6:03 PM Post #28,028 of 31,867
IMO the next big Hype that will surely pass the test of time will be the TANCHJIM TANYA.
Who know it might be comparable to Moondrop Starfield...or copy cat of the Cora.
Anybody already got them or plan to give it a try??

May 12, 2021 at 6:10 PM Post #28,029 of 31,867
One has both and graphed them. Basically the same but there were slight differences which may be attributed to the change in nozzle width and/or length (less bass and bigger treble dip in MT1). If I remember correctly, it was @saldsald.

DT200 is a wonderful IEM. And it's not even an Asian tuning 😂 I think you should wait for the DT300 which hopefully releases next week. When I asked for the AQ3, they said it's their only model "till now, I no see buyer satisfied." There'll be an update called AQ4.

Graph is everything but a proof of same driver....just today a NBBA member share me a graph of KB04 that is exactly the same as T5.

People seem to prefer MT1 over EDX...warmer they say.

Oh, well, that's the word of Audiosense not mine I never heard it. OH! really, I'm happy that buyer think like me....it wasn't the case with reviewers and I feel alooone!

Happy to see you to here mate. I like your intervention on NBBA. Didnt know you were a reviewer though. Can I see your site bro??

And did you got a TANYA on the way???

About headfi....well, if I'm really back I would need to make lotta work to update the bestIEM list....kinda scary. and well I'm not a big fan of: *********************

Last edited:
May 12, 2021 at 6:16 PM Post #28,030 of 31,867
Graph is everything but a proof of same driver....just today a NBBA member share me a graph of KB04 that is exactly the same as T5.

People seem to prefer MT1 over EDX...warmer they say.

Oh, well, that's the word of Audiosense not mine I never heard it. OH! really, I'm happy that buyer think like me....it wasn't the case with reviewers and I feel alooone!

Happy to see you to here mate. I like your intervention on NBBA. Didnt know you were a reviewer though. Can I see your site bro??

And did you got a TANYA on the way???

About headfi....well, if I'm really back I would need to make lotta work to update the bestIEM list....kinda scary. and well I'm not a bit fan of: *********************
Yeah, but remember the BL05s and Heart Mirror? Same driver tech with the changes due to the driver venting?

Don't have a website 😅 I just put my reviews out here on Head-fi and have now started posting them on FB.

For Tanya, I might get it. Just waiting for confirmation from Tanchjim. Though it seems unlikely as it's a sub-20 IEM where DHL shipping is more expensive than the package itself 😂

May 12, 2021 at 6:55 PM Post #28,031 of 31,867
Yeah, but remember the BL05s and Heart Mirror? Same driver tech with the changes due to the driver venting?

Don't have a website 😅 I just put my reviews out here on Head-fi and have now started posting them on FB.

For Tanya, I might get it. Just waiting for confirmation from Tanchjim. Though it seems unlikely as it's a sub-20 IEM where DHL shipping is more expensive than the package itself 😂
LOL damn....indeed not a great deal to pay 30$ for ''free'' 20$ review sample!

Again, until I can compare with my ears the Mirror and BL05s i cant conclude anything, but yes, it seem people say they use same driver. In the other hand I read conflictual sound impressions of people with both pairs. Do you have both by the way?

Last edited:
May 12, 2021 at 7:02 PM Post #28,032 of 31,867
LOL damn....indeed not a great deal to pay 30$ for ''free'' 20$ review sample!

Again, until I can compare with my ears the Mirror and BL05s i cant conclude anything, but yes, it seem people say they use same driver. In the other hand I read conflictual sound impressions of people with both pairs. Do you have both by the way?
Have plans to buy the Heart Mirror. Just looking for the right price once it goes down to <30 USD. I can currently get it for 36 USD.. However, I am still hesitating as I might not like the bright-neutral tuning. Current preference is bass-boosted neutral.

As for the BL-05s... can't fathom the sick green 😂

May 12, 2021 at 7:44 PM Post #28,033 of 31,867
Have plans to buy the Heart Mirror. Just looking for the right price once it goes down to <30 USD. I can currently get it for 36 USD.. However, I am still hesitating as I might not like the bright-neutral tuning. Current preference is bass-boosted neutral.

As for the BL-05s... can't fathom the sick green 😂
Yeah kinda ugly color for sure hehe but hey we don't see the iem once in our ears!

I love (and listen) so much to HZsound Mirror that I'm sure to know if they got same driver once BL05s finally arrive...

Blon mini Macaroni still intrigue me too...and wth with Orpheus, Blon really are on fire!

May 12, 2021 at 8:02 PM Post #28,034 of 31,867
U've been recomending Lark ofr DQ6, both of them have bigger flaws than Jade audio, and need a big foot note.

DQ6 without burning, o nice tips got that transition problems.... I didn't try lark, so let going to be confident on them.

Maybe ur setup with jade audio doesn't work well, but bass its not the biggest problem, maybe the high frecuencies and thee peaks should be the one to point it out. For me they are nice for edm or rap music, so much better than DQ6 right out the box.
It's individuals pinna gain, concha gain peaks buddy. Check out this post.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/bes...s-sharing-reference-list.805930/post-16342050

Jade Audio's attempt on V-Shape is very aggressive, it's peak is too acute. With 13.5mm dynamic driver's bass, the world is bombarded with "boom boom " & metallic sound.

DQ6 got a huge problem right out of the box too, the driver needs like 100 hours of burn-in to finally get cymbals to stay in position.
Lark is a solid tuned IEM with no big flaws probably a bit bright sounding on the older 4K version as they set a plateau from 3-4khz, the newer version fixed that 4k peak, and thus very safer tuned clean sounding IEM.

May 12, 2021 at 8:39 PM Post #28,035 of 31,867

Ya it's me.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/trn-impressions-thread.881761/post-16286558

Users who are viewing this thread

Back