CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 14, 2020 at 11:59 PM Post #26,146 of 31,833
Thanks, do you think the blessing 2's price jump of $240 are justified for it's performance?
Not sure what you mean by price jump as they were originally like $300 I believe and definitely worth that as well.

Oct 15, 2020 at 1:38 AM Post #26,149 of 31,833
I'm going to jump in here after a recent Chi-fi indulgence based on Head-fi enthusiasms.

The Tin HiFi T2 Plus are super for comfort, small and smooth, just a great fit. They have a bassy signature and the sound is pleasant but, not quite sure how to say this, they find the bottom part of each note. For me, sometimes it seems as if a song is actually in a lower key listening to T2 Plus than it is elsewhere. Selling them in another forum--still a bargain for what they are.

IBasso IT00 are super rich in bass and very kind to vocals. I think of it as a balloon-tire sound. They have a small, intimate--ok, narrow--soundstage like someone's singing just to you in your ear. They also feel muffled up above, although voices come through clearly. EQing for more treble makes them better. And contrary to a lot of other reviews here, I did NOT find them comfortable. They have a straight edge on the bottom, where it reads iBasso IT00, that does not fit my ear and grows painful within an hour. Meanwhile, if you use silicone tips, you get a serious crispy crunchy driver flex. I'm returning them.

And then there is the ISN D02. UGLY visual design. Pretty transclucent blue shells are marred by a big ugly gold logo, shiny silvery cable, silicone eartips in incompatible colors. (I have black AnjiRui foams I like much better with this IEM.) A bass-boost switch (labeled 1-ON--lost in translation?) is sloppily grooved into the shells. But the engineers are a lot better than the visual designers. The sound: just YES! Spacious, natural, open, from sub-bass all the way up. These are keepers--grab them around $80 when there's a sale.

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2020 at 1:45 AM Post #26,150 of 31,833
Moondrop SSR if you value the fit most.

Yes, the SSRs are the smallest IEMs I've ever come across that are worn over the ear. The sound signature isn't for everyone though, and if you like to crank up the volume they're definitely not for you. Supposedly the SSP is imminent which keeps the same design and driver as the SSR but adds a bass boost. The jury is still out on whether it is really the bass of the SSR that is lacking in the first place, or whether there's just too large a boost in the upper mids to begin with.

Oct 15, 2020 at 1:44 PM Post #26,151 of 31,833
Thanks, do you think the blessing 2's price jump of $240 are justified for it's performance?
Calculated it wrong. The difference was like $200 when I saw the deal.
Not sure what you mean by price jump as they were originally like $300 I believe and definitely worth that as well.
Calculation mistake, the difference was like $180. Couldn't order one, the deals finished 😑

Oct 15, 2020 at 1:51 PM Post #26,152 of 31,833
Yes, the SSRs are the smallest IEMs I've ever come across that are worn over the ear. The sound signature isn't for everyone though, and if you like to crank up the volume they're definitely not for you. Supposedly the SSP is imminent which keeps the same design and driver as the SSR but adds a bass boost. The jury is still out on whether it is really the bass of the SSR that is lacking in the first place, or whether there's just too large a boost in the upper mids to begin with.

Thank you for the input! Will check it out. I've read some reviews about the Fiio FD1 and EA1 as well as other popular IEMs but I'm wondering how much of an upgrade the FH3 would be from the more affordable offerings. I'm avoiding getting into the rabbit hole if I could buy one that I can use as an all-rounder but the $30-60 price tag of some is certainly hard to pass-up.

Oct 15, 2020 at 1:57 PM Post #26,153 of 31,833
Thank you for the input! Will check it out. I've read some reviews about the Fiio FD1 and EA1 as well as other popular IEMs but I'm wondering how much of an upgrade the FH3 would be from the more affordable offerings. I'm avoiding getting into the rabbit hole if I could buy one that I can use as an all-rounder but the $30-60 price tag of some is certainly hard to pass-up.

Looking back at your original question, I think the T2 Plus would fit the bill in terms of the qualities you're looking for. Caveats: MMCX connectors can be problematic, so buy from a vendor with a return policy; isolation is not brilliant (I use mine exclusively at home, can't enjoy them on the subway).

Oct 16, 2020 at 2:06 PM Post #26,155 of 31,833
Looking back at your original question, I think the T2 Plus would fit the bill in terms of the qualities you're looking for. Caveats: MMCX connectors can be problematic, so buy from a vendor with a return policy; isolation is not brilliant (I use mine exclusively at home, can't enjoy them on the subway).

Cancelled the FH3 and opted for the T2 Plus. Crossing fingers on the MMCX... I will use it as an all-rounder and for travel.

Oct 16, 2020 at 7:18 PM Post #26,156 of 31,833
Well, just took a chance and ordered a pair of "Smabat 1" from Aliexpress. Apparently it's got a Graphene driver? Couldn't find any reviews or anything so I'm going in blind on this one lol. I'll report back in month or however long it takes me to get them. :)

smabat1.png

Oct 16, 2020 at 7:49 PM Post #26,157 of 31,833
Well, just took a chance and ordered a pair of "Smabat 1" from Aliexpress. Apparently it's got a Graphene driver? Couldn't find any reviews or anything so I'm going in blind on this one lol. I'll report back in month or however long it takes me to get them. :)

smabat1.png
I ordered one too. Got drawn in by it's 'alleged' massive bass. It's beng touted as the 'Smabat Black Bat'. Smabat make good buds.

Oct 16, 2020 at 11:30 PM Post #26,158 of 31,833
I ordered one too. Got drawn in by it's 'alleged' massive bass. It's beng touted as the 'Smabat Black Bat'. Smabat make good buds.

Yeah interested about that bass too. Now at least I know what it's really called lol, thanks. Looking forward to your impression!

Oct 17, 2020 at 12:16 AM Post #26,159 of 31,833

smabat1.png

That cable is really nice looking

Oct 17, 2020 at 3:31 AM Post #26,160 of 31,833
That cable is really nice looking
I have the Smabat NCO which also has a Graphene driver. Bass is superb but this IEM is more balanced, not basshead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back