CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 17, 2020 at 7:41 AM Post #26,162 of 31,833
Nobody here has ordered Shini s520? It is a pity cause it is the cheapest and best sounding earphones you'll ever hear. Stunning balance and clarity. Seems like people here only consider more expensive stuff...
You are right they sound really good. Way over their price. There is one caveat. Mine are made wrongly and not in my repair zone, but for a fiver worth a try.
Edit
Not sure of my model no. But good sound for little money.
Edit
Mine are the Q140
Will order the s520 as I like how they fit on the ear.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2020 at 7:45 AM Post #26,163 of 31,833
You are right they sound really good. Way over their price. There is one caveat. Mine are made wrongly and not in my repair zone, but for a fiver worth a try.

Nobody here has ordered Shini s520? It is a pity cause it is the cheapest and best sounding earphones you'll ever hear. Stunning balance and clarity. Seems like people here only consider more expensive stuff...

How's the subbass on this Shini s520? They look like they can't really isolate and will probably lose subbass frequencies. Well it seems to be selling at slightly more than $1 on Aliexpress, but there are some earbuds that are $1 - 3 USD that have superb sound for the price of a coffee eg Vido, KBEAR Stellar etc

Oct 17, 2020 at 8:00 AM Post #26,164 of 31,833
How's the subbass on this Shini s520? They look like they can't really isolate and will probably lose subbass frequencies. Well it seems to be selling at slightly more than $1 on Aliexpress, but there are some earbuds that are $1 - 3 USD that have superb sound for the price of a coffee eg Vido, KBEAR Stellar etc
Actually mine are a different model number, but I'll order the s520 to see. Mine are very clear but you are right. No sub-bass.

Oct 17, 2020 at 8:06 AM Post #26,165 of 31,833
Just bought the white s520 to give IEM support.

Oct 17, 2020 at 8:08 AM Post #26,166 of 31,833

Had a look, but earclip style phones aren't really my thing.

Oct 17, 2020 at 8:40 AM Post #26,167 of 31,833
Actually mine are a different model number, but I'll order the s520 to see. Mine are very clear but you are right. No sub-bass.
The s520 is even more impressive than q140. I hope this time they ship you a pair without defects. It is a shame there are so many quality control problems cause they sound so amazing and deserve better build.

Oct 17, 2020 at 8:43 AM Post #26,168 of 31,833

For more subbass I suggest you the Q170 (which retain clarity however). Vido have exaggerated bass I really dislike it, no clarity at all.

Oct 18, 2020 at 5:53 PM Post #26,169 of 31,833
Received this little earphone yesterday and very impressed by its quality and only £12.61 (I paid £10 on PRIME day). It's the X-Mini Atlas. Hybrid BA+DD. Decent build too. This will do for anyone after a good all-round commercial set for commuting. It's got strong bass, well behaved, no bleeding, decent quality... not thuddy. It's got a W shape, with surprisingly good detail in mids and it's got a slight bump in upper mids, lower treble for some air and sparkle. Not too recessed and vocals come to the front and sound. Separation is good, very good I guess for under £15. Not the widest sound but good enough distance around headspace. I'd recommend easily to someone after a cheap, no-nonsense set from Amazon for travel or if you are on a tight budget.

Reminds me a bit of the STATUS Audio X2 but with better-behaved treble. X2 has the better mids and amazing bass resolution. The X2 would be a very popular earphone if they had tuned the treble a bit better.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KQHCABO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

IMG_20201018_222145.jpgIMG_20201018_222414 (1).jpgIMG_20201018_222211.jpg

Oct 18, 2020 at 6:23 PM Post #26,170 of 31,833
Received this little earphone yesterday and very impressed by its quality and only £12.61 (I paid £10 on PRIME day). It's the X-Mini Atlas. Hybrid BA+DD. Decent build too. This will do for anyone after a good all-round commercial set for commuting. It's got strong bass, well behaved, no bleeding, decent quality... not thuddy. It's got a W shape, with surprisingly good detail in mids and it's got a slight bump in upper mids, lower treble for some air and sparkle. Not too recessed and vocals come to the front and sound. Separation is good, very good I guess for under £15. Not the widest sound but good enough distance around headspace. I'd recommend easily to someone after a cheap, no-nonsense set from Amazon for travel or if you are on a tight budget.

Reminds me a bit of the STATUS Audio X2 but with better-behaved treble. X2 has the better mids and amazing bass resolution. The X2 would be a very popular earphone if they had tuned the treble a bit better.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00KQHCABO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

IMG_20201018_222145.jpgIMG_20201018_222414 (1).jpgIMG_20201018_222211.jpg

I like those rear vents. Very nice looking

Oct 18, 2020 at 6:42 PM Post #26,171 of 31,833
Sooo, now I've had more time with the Heart Mirror I must give an update. I was able to spend some quality time with it last night and spent nearly three hours on TIDAL. My revised opinion... I think I underplayed how good they actually sound. With no distractions, I was able to appreciate just how detailed this thing is, but still fun. I originally thought the micro-detail levels were just up top due to that brighter upper treble but I was dead wrong. It's bottom to top. Sub-bass again isn't going to wow you with power, rattle you into submission, but it does actually hit the notes and is no worse than other light on sub-bass-weight sets.

Overall sound I originally thought was a bit too bright, but not sure if it's down to the source I used FIIO M6 (LO)>>>DAC MAGIC X2 (with KZ Starline tips) or me getting used to it (in peace), but it's actually got a nice tinge of warmth and it's far from as thin as I first thought it was. The combo I used seemed to acquaint it with some more body, whereas the M6 on it's own is naturally thinner sounding.

That lack of thump from the bass actually lets you hear some bass notes you probably hadn't noticed before on your favourite songs. I was hearing quick, double plucks of the bass where before i thought it was just the single note. I was able to distinguish between bass guitar, synth and bass drum much easier. It reminds me of the AKG Y50 headphones, which again is not that which if you power correctly, has similar sub-bass and levels of detail. Quality over quantity. On SIA's Chandelier, the song sounded energetic and that lack of bloat let me hear everything going on around it. It had wonderful clarity so i heard lower and higher synth notes bob and weave with great speed. Her vocals still nice and centre, but i also heard other vocals in the corner, little bell sounds.

Mids and treble are still very tastefully done and again have very good micro detail. Again, longer listening session actually shows it's not as bright as I first thought either, maybe just a bump in upper mids. I've not many earphones in the £35 range that are able to extract detail like this. The soundstage is well separated. I first thought treble was a bit like a wall of sound, but again it's much better separated than I first heard. On Lorde's Royals, I never appreciated the vocal harmonies before... oh, and that repeating pulsating bass note has great depth is there, again quality over quantity, but it's not lacking either. The Cello on These Boots Are Made For Walking sounds as accurate as bass notes get. It's like watching jazz where the Cello isn't amp'd to plump it up. Think Final e3000. I'd easily rec this in its price range and you should really consider it, especially if ends up on sale like 11:11. Might think by my review it's analytical, but it's not bright or cold, it's musical and fun and just warm/smooth enough. I just enjoyed listening out for the detail, I was still enjoying the music.

I'm going to do some comparisons as i might try a full review on this one, take me out my comfort zone :)

IMG_20201017_011412.jpg

Oct 18, 2020 at 6:50 PM Post #26,172 of 31,833
I like those rear vents. Very nice looking

Yeah, even tho plastic they're built like little tanks. £12.61 is pretty mental for what you get and the bass is very nice. Some faint microphonics, but it's not noticeable once you're listening.

IMG_20201018_234528.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2020 at 5:07 AM Post #26,174 of 31,833
Which balanced 4.4mm 2pin cable do you recommend me for the blon bl03?.

Do you know the differences between this two 16 cores **** cables?.

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/3287...earchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_ . 12,82€

https://es.aliexpress.com/item/4000...earchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_ . 18,25€
Amazing value IF they are PURE silver. My experience with the NiceHCK Silver Litz cable is that silver really suits the Blon 03 and ameliorates the bloated bass that many experience using the 03.

Oct 19, 2020 at 8:00 AM Post #26,175 of 31,833

Users who are viewing this thread

Back