CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 11, 2020 at 12:11 AM Post #26,118 of 31,833
@chinmie how does it work on the nozzles?
Also you got link for those o-rings? and what's the most common size for MMCX?
4.5x2mm => 4.5mm is diameter, 2mm is thickness?

yes, 2mm is the thickness.
you can use it on nozzles to prevent the eartips from slipping, or for the more common use: to lock the eartips in place if you want to elongate the nozzle/eartips length a little bit
20201011_105346-01.jpeg

20201011_105406-01.jpeg

20201011_105200-01.jpeg

i bought it from a local online store, and they don't ship internationally. maybe you can use image search on aliexpress or search for o rings assortment set?

Thanks for the detailed response. Do you happen to remember which of these would specifically fit the tin t2 plus around its mmcx connector better?

it's not much of a difference for the 4.5 and 5mm diameter, as they both would stretch a bit. maybe choose the 4.5mm if you want a more snug and tighter fit

Oct 11, 2020 at 12:20 AM Post #26,119 of 31,833
yes, 2mm is the thickness.
you can use it on nozzles to prevent the eartips from slipping, or for the more common use: to lock the eartips in place if you want to elongate the nozzle/eartips length a little bit
20201011_105346-01.jpeg

20201011_105406-01.jpeg

20201011_105200-01.jpeg

i bought it from a local online store, and they don't ship internationally. maybe you can use image search on aliexpress or search for o rings assortment set?

it's not much of a difference for the 4.5 and 5mm diameter, as they both would stretch a bit. maybe choose the 4.5mm if you want a more snug and tighter fit
I found the exact one you sent on ali, will try that out, thanks.

Oct 11, 2020 at 8:19 AM Post #26,122 of 31,833
I think i've found a solution for my BL-03's, some foam tips that were a free gift with the v90s i bought at the same time. Just a couple of mm in length seems to make all the difference. I say seems as it's only been an hour but they feel much nicer that the large starline tips i'd moved to.

Realise this is all old news, and tip selection has been posted about ad-nauseam since the bl-03 came out. Just wasn't finding the posts, searching engines rather than here turned up stuff a few hundred pages back that helped.

Oct 11, 2020 at 9:31 AM Post #26,123 of 31,833
Oct 12, 2020 at 4:07 AM Post #26,125 of 31,833
Oct 12, 2020 at 9:22 AM Post #26,126 of 31,833
Does anyone own both the final audio e3000 and the zero audio carbo basso (not the tenores)? How do they match up with each other and modern kz's or even the blon bl03?

Oct 12, 2020 at 9:31 AM Post #26,127 of 31,833
Does anyone own both the final audio e3000 and the zero audio carbo basso (not the tenores)? How do they match up with each other and modern kz's or even the blon bl03?

I don't have the Zero audio carbon.

Final E3000 vs garden variety KZs:
Final E3000 is a very very different animal from the garden variety multi driver KZs. It is kind of an apples to oranges comparison as the Final E3000 is a single DD with good tonality and timbre and coherency, vs the multi BA/hybrid KZs which generally have good technicalities, though as the expense of timbre, and sometimes coherency issues.
The KZs are also tuned to be usually V shaped and generally brighter/more fatiguing in the treble, the Final E3000 is a mild V shape and bassy and warm with a treble roll off and is very non fatiguing. The KZs are also very easy to drive, whereas the Final E3000 is one power hungry little beast, and needs amping to shine to its true potential.

It would be better to compare the Final E3000 against other single DDs, I haven't heard the latest KZ EDX single DD, but the Final E3000 has better imaging and soundstage than the KZ EDR1 (DD), though it is kinda unfair to compare them at different price brackets.

Final E3000 vs BLON BL-03:
This is a more fair comparison since both are single DDs. Final Audio E3000 eats the BLON BL-03 for breakfast, lunch, dinner and supper (and all the snack times) in fit, accessories, soundstage, details, instrument separation and imaging (when amped).

Both BLON BL-03 and Final E3000 have excellent timbre, maybe the BLON BL-03 is better in this department, but even in the area of tonality, which is supposedly BLON BL-03’s forte, it loses to the Final Audio E3000. The BLON BL-03 has a too bloated midbass with midbass bleed, and the upper mids get hot with louder volumes on the BLON BL-03 (Fletcher Munson Curve). Both sets have a slower mid bass and won’t win awards in bass speed or accuracy.

The BLON BL-03 has a detachable cable (unlike the Final E3000), but the stock cable and stock tips are crap, which necessitates most folks to source for aftermarket tips/cables, which may very well bring the cost of the BLON BL-03 to equal or even exceed that of the Final Audio E3000 ($40 – 50 USD).

BLON BL-03 scales better with amping, but the Final Audio E3000 much more so. Isolation on both sets is poor, but the BLON BL-03 is slightly better, though I personally won’t bring both sets on the subway (to protect hearing health).

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2020 at 9:41 AM Post #26,128 of 31,833
I don't have the Zero audio carbon.

Final E3000 vs garden variety KZs:
Final E3000 is a very very different animal from the garden variety multi driver KZs. It is kind of an apples to oranges comparison as the Final E3000 is a single DD with good tonality and timbre and coherency, vs the multi BA/hybrid KZs which generally have good technicalities, though as the expense of timbre, and sometimes coherency issues.
The KZs are also tuned to be usually V shaped and generally brighter/more fatiguing in the treble, the Final E3000 is a mild V shape and bassy and warm with a treble roll off and is very non fatiguing. The KZs are also very easy to drive, whereas the Final E3000 is one power hungry little beast, and needs amping to shine to its true potential.

It would be better to compare the Final E3000 against other single DDs, I haven't heard the latest KZ EDX single DD, but the Final E3000 has better imaging and soundstage than the KZ EDR1 (DD), though it is kinda unfair to compare them at different price brackets.

Final E3000 vs BLON BL-03:
This is a more fair comparison since both are single DDs. Final Audio E3000 eats the BLON BL-03 for breakfast, lunch, dinner and supper (and all the snack times) in fit, accessories, soundstage, details, instrument separation and imaging (when amped).

Both BLON BL-03 and Final E3000 have excellent timbre, maybe the BLON BL-03 is better in this department, but even in the area of tonality, which is supposedly BLON BL-03’s forte, it loses to the Final Audio E3000. The BLON BL-03 has a too bloated midbass with midbass bleed, and the upper mids get hot with louder volumes on the BLON BL-03 (Fletcher Munson Curve). Both sets have a slower mid bass and won’t win awards in bass speed or accuracy.

The BLON BL-03 has a detachable cable, but the stock cable and stock tips are crap, which necessitates most folks to source for aftermarket tips/cables, which may very well bring the cost of the BLON BL-03 to equal or even exceed that of the Final Audio E3000 ($40 – 50 USD).

BLON BL-03 scales better with amping, but the Final Audio E3000 much more so. Isolation on both sets is poor, but the BLON BL-03 is slightly better, though I personally won’t bring both sets on the subway (to protect hearing health).

It's really surprising the final audios scale up still, to stuff that is being pumped out of the chifi world.

Oct 12, 2020 at 9:48 AM Post #26,129 of 31,833
Speaking of Final Audio, would it make sense to pick up the E500 if I already have the E3000 (which I enjoy)?

Oct 12, 2020 at 9:48 AM Post #26,130 of 31,833
It's really surprising the final audios scale up still, to stuff that is being pumped out of the chifi world.

Yep, even though it is around 2 years old, I think the Final Audio E3000 still can compete with some recent single DD releases (when amped). I feel a true gauge of a good IEM is if after the hype train has settled and months later, people are still using it or recommending it, then that is a true gem. Not everything that is new is better, for example I just tried the CCA C10 Pro, it is a sidegrade or even a marginal downgrade to the 1 year old KZ ZS10 Pro. The CCA C10 Pro is rather harsh and fatiguing in the treble, with a worse timbre than the KZ ZS10 Pro and sibilance in spades. I wouldn't recommend it to existing KZ ZS10 Pro owners TBH.

Final E3000 has great imaging and soundstage at the sub $50 price, and is very smooth and suited for long listening sessions. But it ain't perfect, with these areas holding it back from being a true giant killer:
- Noodle thin, non detachable, microphonic cable -> might be a point of failure down the line, and some of us may wanna use aftermarket balanced cables or BT adapters.
- Requires a powerful source to shine.
- Poor isolation.
- Midbass on the slow/nebulous side, with lack in subbass extension.
- Rolled off treble, not the most detailed treble (may be a pro or con depending on your treble sensitivity levels).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back