CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 30, 2020 at 6:45 AM Post #24,031 of 31,833
I was listening to my UiiSii CM5 today, and marveling at their excellent sound for the $12-$20 they used to sell for.

Sure, they’re no Blon. But I think they still hold their own in the budget segment, especially with the resurgence/appreciation of dynamic-only IEMs in the last year or 2. CM5 uses a coaxial double dynamic graphene driver.

Anyone else still rocking their CM5?

A great soundstage track (club/bar sized venue):

Love the music recomendation! (Sorry for the offtopic!)

Apr 30, 2020 at 10:11 AM Post #24,032 of 31,833
I was listening to my UiiSii CM5 today, and marveling at their excellent sound for the $12-$20 they used to sell for.

Sure, they’re no Blon. But I think they still hold their own in the budget segment, especially with the resurgence/appreciation of dynamic-only IEMs in the last year or 2. CM5 uses a coaxial double dynamic graphene driver.

I still use mine when I need a mic. They are actually quite good as a headset for Zoom meetings. They have a very natural sound.

Apr 30, 2020 at 10:14 AM Post #24,033 of 31,833
I still use mine when I need a mic. They are actually quite good as a headset for Zoom meetings. They have a very natural sound.

They use a high quality Knowles microphone :)

Apr 30, 2020 at 2:15 PM Post #24,034 of 31,833
if anyone here is from scandinavia, you can get the samsung galaxy buds for just around 80 usd!! that is a very good price, although I only use wired stuff so....

1588270532187.png

Apr 30, 2020 at 7:47 PM Post #24,037 of 31,833
While tidying up my cupboards I came across a box that I hadn't even opened lol... the AUDIMI Alauda (I've looked and they're actually an old set called GGMM Alauda and known on Head-Fi). Can't believe I've never even tried them as they're really, really good. Remind me of the Beyerdynamic Byron sound-wise which is quite the compliment. I even hear a bit of Cambridge Audio SE1 in them as it's quite a grand, enveloping sound at times.

Apr 30, 2020 at 8:00 PM Post #24,038 of 31,833

The CM5 are awesome. I remember first listening and found them too bright, but I must have been listening to something quite laid back before them as it actually gives them some nice bite which compliments the punchiness of the mid-bass. Good speed and attack, great for big classic rock tracks.

Apr 30, 2020 at 8:34 PM Post #24,039 of 31,833
The CM5 are awesome. I remember first listening and found them too bright, but I must have been listening to something quite laid back before them as it actually gives them some nice bite which compliments the punchiness of the mid-bass. Good speed and attack, great for big classic rock tracks.

Agreed, they’re great for classic rock. Guitars sound especially good. The electric guitars on that test track I posted sound soooo thick and crunchy on the CM7. I was also jamming to some 70s funk today, and they sounded awesome with that as well.

I wish I had both but a few more pairs of them when they were so cheap on Amazon.

I know the shells were big for some people (they fit me great), so UiiSii came out then the smaller size of shell to assist with ergo fitment. That’s the 1st time I’ve ever seen a company do that. Sure, KZ had the ED7 bamboo and also the ED7 Mini, but the Mini wasn’t made to address fitment problems with people.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2020 at 10:16 PM Post #24,042 of 31,833
The Tripowin is a really good quality cable. I'm sure you will enjoy them.

I concur, using that same cable on my BA10’s:) So I just got a loaner box (obviously to push me over the edge)! LOL Got the KXXs, Starfields, iT01, Diamonds and a Universal Eartech. Moondrops are nice, was expecting a little more from the iBasso but its OK and does have some bass but it’s the Diamond I’m most impressed with so far:wink: just rotating thru some different sources now.

Last edited:
May 1, 2020 at 5:40 AM Post #24,045 of 31,833
Is it true new BL-03 flattened the bass response?

The BL-05 u mean?

11219961.jpg

Yes it does look like bass quantity of the BL-05 is lesser compared to BL-03, based on the manufacturer's graphs (above), with perhaps a slight boost in upper mids for the BL-05.

But so far no one has received a final production BL-05 yet, so maybe wait for some reviews down the line.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back