CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
May 1, 2020 at 11:08 PM Post #24,061 of 31,838
May 2, 2020 at 12:02 AM Post #24,062 of 31,838
It’s designed so that the long stem fits into the anti-tragus.

Actually an ingenious design that’s surprisingly comfortable.

If the nozzle was longer, it would be even more stable. Otherwise, gotta use long cored tips. The stock tips absolutely suck. But just like the BL-03, once you get the right tips you get a really good fit the sound is really good for the paltry asking price.

You can also wear them up by switching L and R. Obviously that will reverse the channels with the stock fixed cables, but isn’t a problem once converted to mmcx because you can set up the channels properly by plugging the R earpiece into the L mmcx cable and vice versa

Like Buds eh!

May 2, 2020 at 10:15 AM Post #24,063 of 31,838
Could swear I saw V1 and V2 of the BL-03 although for all I know V2 is simply included better stock eartips and nothing else.

While on that subject. I remember Crinacle praising the tuning and the timbre calling both pleasing yet safe but also mentioning that it lacked in technicality, although he does mention to him it sounded quite easily overwhelmed but never outright muddy. Wonder how many people who own the BL-03 agree with him on this. According to how he measures it, there's VERY LITTLE roll off in the subbass compared to midbass if at all, which doesn't seem to match what a lot of people say about it. Also to him anyway it seems the only real threat to the BL-03 are the C10, citing that again much more pleasing tuning than the typical KZ tuning making it his favorite KZ so far. I guess this effectively means with the help of 4 extra BAs the C10 is trading timbre for detailing, which makes me wonder if this makes the C10 a more do it all purpose since I assume there are more songs that benefit from better detailing than songs that benefit from better timbre. He doesn't appear to own the DM-480, the TFZ T2 galaxy, nor the ZSX which is kind of a bummer to me (although to be honest I'm pushing my budget a bit too far in these cases). As you can tell I love reading his site mostly because he as a list with an overall ranking in overall sound quality, bang for the buck, tonality grade, technical grade and a short summary that explains his grading so is like rapid fire reading mini reviews of sort. I really wish more head-fiers did this.

I also find hilarious that Riccardo Robecchi gives the BL-03 a 9.8/10 while he mentions cons such as atrocious fit. Unlike crinacle he kinda praises the detailing although like Crinacle he does point out that it is nothing to write home about compared to budget multi driver options out there. With those cons seems like 9.8 is far to high of a score, but hey I can't tell him what to do.

In the end, it's kind of a shame I live in a place where is virtually impossible to try something before I buy, I mean I can but it'll be mostly sony and apple stuff, and only the headphones. Almost everything sound related seems to be subjective, the community can help guiding me... but it's a leap of faith in the end. Isn't it?

As for the BL-05 FR, Kinda wish it had the 05 bass and 03 upper mids or vice versa. Not exactly digging 2k being stronger than the bass.
I have a comparison between the CCA-C10 and the Blon BL-03 in my BL-03 review.
I've also reviewed the ZSX and the DM-480.

May 2, 2020 at 12:28 PM Post #24,064 of 31,838
I just pulled the trigger on a wired ANC iems with in-line mic for cheap. It's the Samsung Advanced ANC earphones. Only $15 on Amazon Prime! Totally worth the risk as I like ANC tech (as I find thrm highly practical), and curious how they perform. I'm suspicious they maybe fake since so cheap, but I have doubts they would be with ANC and a battery.

I have Apple AirPods Pro TWS, but wanted a wired ANC set that happens to be in iem format as I hate being on the go with full-sized. The alternative would be Bose QC20, which still goes for whopping $250!

So, definately worth a try at the $15 price.

https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/m...advanced-anc-earphones--black-eo-ig950bbegus/

Last edited:
May 2, 2020 at 12:31 PM Post #24,065 of 31,838
I just pulled the trigger on a wired ANC iems with in-line mic for cheap. It's the Samsung Advanced ANC earphones. Only $15 on Amazon Prime! Totally worth the risk as I like ANC tech (as I find thrm highly practical), and curious how they perform. I'm suspicious they maybe fake since so cheap, but I have doubts they would be with ANC and a battery.

I have Apple AirPods Pro TWS, but wanted a wired ANC set that happens to be in iem format as I hate being on the go with full-sized. The alternative would be Bose QC20, which still goes for whopping $250!

So, definately worth a try at the $15 price.

https://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/m...advanced-anc-earphones--black-eo-ig950bbegus/
15 usd sounds too good to be true to me.... like even the Xiaomi ANC iem costs more than that and it is a chi-fi brand.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/comments/7ctq6g/mi_anc_typec_inear_earphones_review/

May 2, 2020 at 12:33 PM Post #24,066 of 31,838
Last edited:
May 2, 2020 at 12:39 PM Post #24,067 of 31,838
Interesting. I have not heard of this one. I need to look into this one as well. Anybody try the Xiaomi?

Any others out there I'm not aware of?
I used xiaomi stuff years ago (like the Piston 2 and then hybrid, hybrid pro) but all of them died on me due to the cable and since they dont have replaceable cables I couldnt fix them....I had to buy new ones from them like once every 6 months or so and then I finally had it with them and tried KZ due to some reddit recommendation...and that is how I ended up here :joy:.

But if the ANC iem sounds like their hybrid then It isnt worth the 40 usd it costs if you look at build and sound quality only. But if you want ANC then I dont know any other options.
And as I mentioned above that samsung anc at 15 usd sounds too cheap to be true, although best if you do your own research on them.

May 2, 2020 at 12:58 PM Post #24,068 of 31,838
I used xiaomi stuff years ago (like the Piston 2 and then hybrid, hybrid pro) but all of them died on me due to the cable and since they dont have replaceable cables I couldnt fix them....I had to buy new ones from them like once every 6 months or so and then I finally had it with them and tried KZ due to some reddit recommendation...and that is how I ended up here :joy:.

But if the ANC iem sounds like their hybrid then It isnt worth the 40 usd it costs if you look at build and sound quality only. But if you want ANC then I dont know any other options.
And as I mentioned above that samsung anc at 15 usd sounds too cheap to be true, although best if you do your own research on them.
I've had my AKG stock iems that came with Samsung phone for years, and only the coating started wearing off. One of the logo plates came off. The cable is sheathed in fabric material, not rubber. It last and lasts with the fabric material on the exterior. It's the iem I can throw around and don't really care about, and use it alot, but the cable isn't even close to wearing out. It's crazy durable, but I'm one of those guys that really haven't worn out any iem cables.

It turns out I use this one a lot due to the in-line mic. I have to talk to people on the phone, and in-line mic has the best voice pick-up over something like TWS mics. Although I have the AirPods Pro, the barrier the keeps me from using it often is the mic quality. In-line mic is just better.

Last edited:
May 2, 2020 at 1:14 PM Post #24,069 of 31,838
I'm going to layout what is an ideal setup in terms of practical perspective:

A phone with good sound quality. A wired iem with in-line mic that can be converted to ANC in certain situations and has good sound quality with the ANC off. Replaceable battery for the ANC.

Alterntively a TWS with good SQ and ANC and quality mic (this one is difficult).

With this, i'm all set. Portable end-game that fits all my needs.

May 2, 2020 at 1:58 PM Post #24,070 of 31,838
I concur, using that same cable on my BA10’s:) So I just got a loaner box (obviously to push me over the edge)! LOL Got the KXXs, Starfields, iT01, Diamonds and a Universal Eartech. Moondrops are nice, was expecting a little more from the iBasso but its OK and does have some bass but it’s the Diamond I’m most impressed with so far:wink: just rotating thru some different sources now.

This is intriguing to me. I borrowed the IT01 about a year ago still can't get them out of my mind. I see on Amazon now they are going for $59 and $69 depending on color preference. I may have to venture out svs get these, BUT I also have the Diamonds on the way for about a month now! Can you compare the Diamonds to the other iems? The Moondrop Starfield are also on my short list. I never took the KPE, KXXS or Starfield plunge as I went the DM6 route. Since getting the T800, I need to sell the DM6.

BLON BL-03 vs. **** **** Pro

Please compare and contrast the SQ.

The BLON is more cohesive in the mids, a warmer overall sound and the timbre is great as everyone notes. The soundstage isn't small but isn't as large as the **** Pros. I like the mid bass bump. I use Azla Earfit Sedna Light tips and an aftermarket cable I modified to fit. The fit is perfect now. They are so inexpensive and sound so good, I use them to run in using an ES100 as a source. They sound good!

The **** Pro have less of a bass bump, modest subbass and a larger soundstage but to me the soundstage is a bit disjointed still and sounds like some stadium sound DSP effect. The mic sucks on the stock cable and acoustic instruments sound terrible. Listening to Dave Matthews Band really brings this out whereas on the BLON, I'd say they excel at acoustic instruments.

I have not AB'd them but if you give me a song, I can.

It’s designed so that the long stem fits into the anti-tragus.

Actually an ingenious design that’s surprisingly comfortable.

If the nozzle was longer, it would be even more stable. Otherwise, gotta use long cored tips. The stock tips absolutely suck. But just like the BL-03, once you get the right tips you get a really good fit the sound is really good for the paltry asking price.

You can also wear them up by switching L and R. Obviously that will reverse the channels with the stock fixed cables, but isn’t a problem once converted to mmcx because you can set up the channels properly by plugging the R earpiece into the L mmcx cable and vice versa

I have these and I didn't get the hype. I struggled with fit. I may have to dust them off to try themout again. I do remember thembeing warm but lacking in detail, maybe a tad small on the soundstage.

Last edited:
May 2, 2020 at 4:10 PM Post #24,071 of 31,838
I read also that some custom cables can straight up kill BL03's bass. Does that mean BL03 is extremely cable sensitive?

Edit: I ask because I'm mostly used to the idea that cables only make minute changes to the sound unless they're malfunctioning outright.

Last edited:
May 2, 2020 at 9:34 PM Post #24,074 of 31,838
I read also that some custom cables can straight up kill BL03's bass. Does that mean BL03 is extremely cable sensitive?

Edit: I ask because I'm mostly used to the idea that cables only make minute changes to the sound unless they're malfunctioning outright.
sounds like nonsense to me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back