CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
May 4, 2020 at 2:38 AM Post #24,091 of 31,867
I know i've seen it before but I missed the exact location and search function isn't the most helpful here but While both are well within budget and highly available I'm still curious what benefits do you notice in the ZS10 Pro vs ZSN Pro.
Less peaky highs. Especially 8khz region. Go with the ZS10 Pro

I've also heard ZSX is even better audio wise but it also appears to also be a downgrade comfort wise.

... I ended up ordering the BL03 because I want to try Cuphead with them.

Edit: Forgot to quote the message above because I derped.

Last edited:
May 4, 2020 at 9:45 AM Post #24,092 of 31,867
Well I'm in office today so for the next 8 or so hours I'll put the gang here thru their paces on my FX Audio DAC 6, I am enjoying them and seeing a couple joining the ranks (Like I need more iem's bad) :rolling_eyes: Pretty sure 3 of the 5 can be had in the sub $100 if shopped right and of course during Chinese Yippy-Ky-Yeah days:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Gangs all here.JPG

May 4, 2020 at 8:03 PM Post #24,093 of 31,867
Yes, individual subjective reviews are notoriously unreliable. One reason is that, for one, people use terms like 'technicalities' without a common rigorous definition. What to do then? Triangulate. The truth will be in the middle.

Crinacle is but one man. Audio Nirvana is ultimately an individual path. The Ear is a lonely hunter.

Crin oh well, at least he doesn't pump out hype and reviews. He explains technicality* here:

https://crinacle.com/2019/02/04/what-is-technical-ability-according-to-me-myself-and-i/

Now THIS is something I wish I could upvote more than once.

... Also I wonder if BGGAR ranks PURELY on tonality and absolutely nothing else. The S ranking on the BL-03 and the YBF-ISS014 make zero sense otherwise. And now I'm kinda fascinated at the Legacy 3 although that probably won't become relevant for this thread any time soon since it's quite a bit over $100.

Also: "Screeching unnatural garbage" made me ROFLcopter. As well as: "An indescribable affront to God and humanity, both in terms of sound and pricing".

BGGAR ranks with his ears. He likes bass and chifi, obviously. For the most part the descriptions on his list are okay. If somebody grabbed my shoulder and asked me what I think about X earphones, I'd blurt out the same response. I also know why he ranked YSS and blon at S. Pure BA syndrome. Yes that happens after you listen to months of "TOTL" iems. Eventually the BA timbre gets to you and here comes a well-tuned DD and your eyes light up.

I think the Yissblob deserves an S, but only in their respective price range. It is difficult to generate a list in disregard of price. Say for example placing Yissblob side to side with IER-Z1R in S, and then EX1000 is one grade below in tier-A.... you get what I mean? The list gives you a general idea, not exact placements.

IMO the usual earphone problems that exist in blon stops it from being "high-grade". Having good tonality doesn't mean immunity towards decade-old budget iem problems: Janky cable, awkward fit, overwhelming bass and hissy trebles. It's side-to-side with things like KZ ATE and MH755.

Last edited:
May 5, 2020 at 12:44 AM Post #24,095 of 31,867
Well I'm in office today so for the next 8 or so hours I'll put the gang here thru their paces on my FX Audio DAC 6, I am enjoying them and seeing a couple joining the ranks (Like I need more iem's bad) :rolling_eyes: Pretty sure 3 of the 5 can be had in the sub $100 if shopped right and of course during Chinese Yippy-Ky-Yeah days:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Gangs all here.JPG

Hey Pod, what's the red and blue IEM at the bottom next to the IT01? I can't put my finger on it...

May 5, 2020 at 12:49 AM Post #24,096 of 31,867
Last edited:
May 5, 2020 at 2:57 AM Post #24,097 of 31,867
I wanted to be wrong but turns out blinded by nostalgia is the answer, huh?

Heh. In the sub 100 price range, single DD designs are the best. As illustrated by the success of BLON and YISS. I think KZ-ATE is pretty impressive too, at $10. Once they try to stick like 100 mickey mouse BAs inside cheap shells without any kind of proper crossover and dampening... we start to get weirder products and worse value.

May 5, 2020 at 6:15 AM Post #24,099 of 31,867
Just out of curiosity, and hopefully I'm not sidetracking too much here. are blob and yiss actual nicknames?
No. They annoy me

May 5, 2020 at 6:38 AM Post #24,100 of 31,867
May 5, 2020 at 7:35 AM Post #24,101 of 31,867
Heh. In the sub 100 price range, single DD designs are the best. As illustrated by the success of BLON and YISS. I think KZ-ATE is pretty impressive too, at $10. Once they try to stick like 100 mickey mouse BAs inside cheap shells without any kind of proper crossover and dampening... we start to get weirder products and worse value.
Not really.

May 5, 2020 at 9:35 AM Post #24,102 of 31,867

You know before I got these I kind of felt that way about Chi-Fi all BA's but I don't think you are giving enough credit to these tuner/designers just because they are not big name players. I also think their prices are commensurate to each model here:

KZ Stepping Up.JPG

DM63s.JPG

HQ Yin-Yoo-12-Who.JPG

I might also add at least for my ears all these all BA offerings benefit from being balanced :wink:

Last edited:
May 5, 2020 at 10:22 AM Post #24,103 of 31,867
You know before I got these I kind of felt that way about Chi-Fi all BA's but I don't think you are giving enough credit to these tuner/designers just because they are not big name players. I also think their prices are commensurate to each model here:

KZ Stepping Up.JPG
DM63s.JPG
HQ Yin-Yoo-12-Who.JPG

I might also add at least for my ears all these all BA offerings benefit from being balanced :wink:

DMVP and ****. I have a few **** cables and they're quality products. Soft pliable and sounds good.

How is **** HQ12 compared to similarly priced Fearless/Moondrop/Thieaudio ?

May 5, 2020 at 11:46 AM Post #24,104 of 31,867
yup. not to mention it would make it harder for people to search information about them here

It seems very few people search for anything anyways lol

May 5, 2020 at 11:49 AM Post #24,105 of 31,867
It seems very few people search for anything anyways lol

What, you mean we have search capabilities in here :open_mouth: I've got to come out from under this Rock said no one but Patrick Star:grin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back