CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Dec 10, 2019 at 8:26 AM Post #21,586 of 31,833
I got the 04 which is the bassier one. Only bought it because I had to buy somn. :p

Anyway the fiio house sound is pretty treble bright and those high res stickers usually mean bright/boring sound to me. Bass is the devil to religious audiofiles and that hi res sticker is suppose to be the jesus fish equivalent that businesses put on their signs to ensnare the like minded. Both are like repellant to me :)

Im probably wrong and just an ignorant moron, but that was/is my thinking and why I will wait. HAHA!
Great, let us know how it sounds. I'm actually wondering how it compares to other IEM's like the V90 who is also slightly V shaped in sound signature. You should consider writing a review, might be worth it.

Dec 10, 2019 at 8:32 AM Post #21,587 of 31,833
I had 2 pairs of the ****, there was a bit of unit variance between the 2, one had slightly less bass than the other. It's possible you might be right that later units may have a variant tuning or the QC for unit variance is quite poor.
But overall, I thought they both had quite good quantity of midbass > subbass with not too bad subbass extension. I'm a basshead and I would say the **** bass is not at basshead levels, but definitely north of neutral.

Credit to Crinacle, this is the ****'s FR.

The bass of the **** is quite tip sensitive, so perhaps if @RicHSAD , you are finding the **** is basslight, it may be possibly due to tip fit/seal? Or u are a diehard basshead like me!!

Here's AudioBudget's graph for comparison (all credit to them). Tried all the tips that would fit on them and to my ears they sounded more like the below graph than what Crinacle's graph shows. I agree I think I am definitely a bit to of a basshead, but it has to be clean bass otherwise I'm not satisfied. :D

****.PNG

Dec 10, 2019 at 8:57 AM Post #21,588 of 31,833
I have both **** and **** Pro. The Pro is a definite improvement to my ears, better extension at both ends of the spectrum and well defined mids with excellent timbre. Superb sub bass both in level and texture and the presentation suits many genres.

Dec 10, 2019 at 9:11 AM Post #21,589 of 31,833
This seems to be a common practice...especially with headphones. I think it is horrible. I know there are people who eventually get banned from returning things.

...as they should.

You make a good point, it's not something I've really done due to sanitary reasons. I figured in this case I tried to cancel and couldn't despite them not being shipped, so I could just give them a quick try and clean them up before sending them back. Kinda making me rethink that idea now that you bring that up.

Dec 10, 2019 at 9:33 AM Post #21,590 of 31,833
You make a good point, it's not something I've really done due to sanitary reasons. I figured in this case I tried to cancel and couldn't despite them not being shipped, so I could just give them a quick try and clean them up before sending them back. Kinda making me rethink that idea now that you bring that up.

I am actually surprised that they do take returns on IEMs.. unless defective. In the States you cannot even return earrings for sanitary reasons.

You do have a point with them not cancelling it for you. In this case you could at least use your own eartips and leave theirs untouched. I am pretty sure that they do resell some items as new without saying they are open box. I have received a few items here that I could tell had been opened.

When I have sent back IEMS that actually are defective... there have only been a couple... I am very specific as to what is wrong and I ask that they not resell them. But, do they listen? One was out of phase, another had a huge channel imbalance Does the person at the warehouse understand all that? I do write it on the paper that is to be included in the box as well as online when setting up the return.

In certain headphone threads I have seen a few people regularly ordering two or three different ones with the intention of choosing and only keeping one. You can tell my my list that I have never done that...lol..

Dec 10, 2019 at 9:47 AM Post #21,591 of 31,833
This is the IEM that has most recently taken me by surprise.... my reaction was WOW just WOW. I had ordered it when someone first brought it to my attention. I had a feeling about it.

UrbanFun YBF-ISS014

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000265604736.html BTW there is a review there that says there was no cable included with theirs. I suspect they did not see it... it is kind of in a hidden compartment and I did not see it at first either. Hope they did not throw the box away! Not many have this yet but there are a few impressions. I will add some links at the bottom of this post after I find them. I bought them when they were on sale for $38.71

10394948.jpg

Dec 10, 2019 at 9:47 AM Post #21,592 of 31,833
I am actually surprised that they do take returns on IEMs.. unless defective. In the States you cannot even return earrings for sanitary reasons.

You do have a point with them not cancelling it for you. In this case you could at least use your own eartips and leave theirs untouched. I am pretty sure that they do resell some items as new without saying they are open box. I have received a few items here that I could tell had been opened.

When I have sent back IEMS that actually are defective... there have only been a couple... I am very specific as to what is wrong and I ask that they not resell them. But, do they listen? One was out of phase, another had a huge channel imbalance Does the person at the warehouse understand all that? I do write it on the paper that is to be included in the box as well as online when setting up the return.

In certain headphone threads I have seen a few people regularly ordering two or three different ones with the intention of choosing and only keeping one. You can tell my my list that I have never done that...lol..

I was surprised too when I looked at the Amazon return policy. Retail stores tend to not allow returns on them for good reason. I suppose Amazon just has a relaxed policy and will ban those who abuse it?

I think part of the reason as to why I have a tough time ordering headphones/earphones (especially in this case with all the ChiFi ones out there) is cause I see it as a done deal as soon as they ship. Audio is so subjective and tough to gauge what to buy when you're going purely off info from others. I suppose I can understand the reasoning behind those who abuse returns like that but yeah, the open box/sanitary issue makes it a lame thing to do as there's the potential to screw someone over who doesn't even know they're being screwed over.

Dec 10, 2019 at 9:55 AM Post #21,593 of 31,833
I was surprised too when I looked at the Amazon return policy. Retail stores tend to not allow returns on them for good reason. I suppose Amazon just has a relaxed policy and will ban those who abuse it?

I think part of the reason as to why I have a tough time ordering headphones/earphones (especially in this case with all the ChiFi ones out there) is cause I see it as a done deal as soon as they ship. Audio is so subjective and tough to gauge what to buy when you're going purely off info from others. I suppose I can understand the reasoning behind those who abuse returns like that but yeah, the open box/sanitary issue makes it a lame thing to do as there's the potential to screw someone over who doesn't even know they're being screwed over.

Yes, it is a done deal to me too.... but not necessarily the only deal. Curiosity often gets me but lately the speed at which new ones are released is starting to annoy me.... I am pretty much done with getting more iems or headphones. Now earbuds.. that is a whole 'nother rabit hole. Gotta catch 'em all... lol. Plus my husband is continually making new ones for me:)

Fortunately I enjoy a variety of sound signatures. If I can get lost in my music, and I usually do, I am happy. I do tend to avoid buying things that are described as bright... although it depends on who is saying that and if they have tried different tips. A poor seal will make any iem sound tinny and bright

Dec 10, 2019 at 10:04 AM Post #21,594 of 31,833
This is the IEM that has most recently taken me by surprise.... my reaction was WOW just WOW. I had ordered it when someone first brought it to my attention. I had a feeling about it.

UrbanFun YBF-ISS014

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000265604736.html BTW there is a review there that says there was no cable included with theirs. I suspect they did not see it... it is kind of in a hidden compartment and I did not see it at first either. Hope they did not throw the box away! Not many have this yet but there are a few impressions. I will add some links at the bottom of this post after I find them. I bought them when they were on sale for $38.71

10394948.jpg
Hi.
I just received them, they are very very good. BL03 Blons have serious competitors. Very very very good

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2019 at 10:24 AM Post #21,595 of 31,833
Yes, it is a done deal to me too.... but not necessarily the only deal. Curiosity often gets me but lately the speed at which new ones are released is starting to annoy me.... I am pretty much done with getting more iems or headphones. Now earbuds.. that is a whole 'nother rabit hole. Gotta catch 'em all... lol. Plus my husband is continually making new ones for me:)

Fortunately I enjoy a variety of sound signatures. If I can get lost in my music, and I usually do, I am happy. I do tend to avoid buying things that are described as bright... although it depends on who is saying that and if they have tried different tips. A poor seal will make any iem sound tinny and bright

Why do you have to go outside of the marriage?? Just be satisfied with you husbands buds! Those should be the only buds you need.:man_in_tuxedo::bride_with_veil:

Dec 10, 2019 at 10:30 AM Post #21,596 of 31,833
Why do you have to go outside of the marriage?? Just be satisfied with you husbands buds! Those should be the only buds you need.:man_in_tuxedo::bride_with_veil:

You are actually correct... but we both keep reading the earbud thread... he just got a new RW-1000 today!

The ones he makes sound amazing ... but there are some form factors that he is not able to do.

Now you have made me feel like I am cheating on him! LOL

Dec 10, 2019 at 12:03 PM Post #21,597 of 31,833
Lots of suggestions and options to consider, I appreciate all those who chipped in in response to my indecision. Unfortunately, it seems like I have even more options to choose from! Haha

So to sum up what I've read, I should order the ****, V90, TFZ T2, C12, ZSX, BL-03 and maybe the BA5? Just to be on the safe side?

Sarcasm aside, I had the C12 ordered from Amazon and couldn't cancel it in time. Worst case is that I don't like them and return them; best case is I like them, return them and order them from somewhere much cheaper. Quite excited to hear them!

It's good to hear that you are learning about the various options. Let us know if you can what you think of the C12. I'd like to know, as I'm curious if it is different enough from my existing CCA/KZ sets. It's likely to be clear and fairly detailed, not too shy on the bass, and easy to drive.

Dec 10, 2019 at 12:23 PM Post #21,598 of 31,833
so, i love my Tin T2, but there are a few things i can nitpick that i'd love to address on my next pickup. one thing is how cymbals seem to hover over the mix on a lot of recordings, and another is i'd like a bit more bass on my next pickup. not a lot more bass, i'm not really a deep V shape fan and i find bass heavy earphones very fatigueing, but enough that I can enjoy a good bassline a bit more. also anything with better isolation than the Tin T2 is a plus.

i have the SFR **** on the way (but i wasn't paying enough attention and due to which seller it was it's taking forever to ship) and i'm looking to pick up one more option. i was looking at maybe the TRN BA5 or maybe CCA C12, people have opinions on those choices or other ideas?

I don't want to join the hypetrain, but I guess it's too late. It sounds to me what you want is the Tinhifi T4. If you love your T2, the T4 is the direct successor intended to solve its deficiencies.

The T4 has more bass, I think it's very slightly v-shaped compared to the T2, but still mostly neutral. It claims 'up to 32 DB of isolation,' no doubt highly-dependent on fit.

It's on discount (code) on the TinHifi store on AliExpress right now. I got it for $74, using the code + store coupon. That's cheaper than most of the Indiegogo deals.

That being said, in my experience the CCA C10 was a relatively neutral / balanced IEM with good isolation. The C12 could serve you well. It's V-shaped, but not extreme, and doesn't lose mids. Vocals will be clear, maybe too elevated.

I have a BA5 on the way, but won't be able to post impressions for at least a month.

Dec 10, 2019 at 12:34 PM Post #21,599 of 31,833
Hi.
I just received them, they are very very good. BL03 Blons have serious competitors. Very very very good

Did I just witness the birth of a new hypetrain? Ha ha, no seriously I'm sure they're enjoyable. Might pick them up if they were seriously discounted for the current AliExpress sale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back