CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Dec 11, 2019 at 4:31 AM Post #21,618 of 31,833
Kind of random, but I want to mention it out of appreciation. When I wrote my first review here (of the Sennheiser HD598) it landed on the front page of Head-Fi, which is pretty neat :wink:

Screen Shot 2019-12-09 at 20.49.23.png

Dec 11, 2019 at 9:02 AM Post #21,619 of 31,833
It's good to hear that you are learning about the various options. Let us know if you can what you think of the C12. I'd like to know, as I'm curious if it is different enough from my existing CCA/KZ sets. It's likely to be clear and fairly detailed, not too shy on the bass, and easy to drive.

CCA C12? Forget the steely timbre of KZ sets of old, these sound WAY more natural. Not quite on the level of the Blon or the Semkarch for outright musicality but nothing else is at this price point. Soundstage and detail are better than the single DD offerings. I've got the C12 and the TRN V90 and they've both moved the budget hybrid game so far along from the V80 and the ZS10 (non pro). The V90 is a bit more V shaped but not to the point where the mids are annoyingly recessed.

Both are easy to drive and fit fine, personally I prefer the fit of the V90 but it's close. I sadly can't compare to the ZS10 Pro, but compared to what I know the difference is huge.

Dec 11, 2019 at 9:12 AM Post #21,620 of 31,833
I think I posted this a while back without any responses but I'll try again. If I'm going chi-fi for a budget bang for buck kinda deal (50ish), what is the best isolation I can get? Doesn't have to be chifi, just at that price while still providing solid sound.

Dec 11, 2019 at 10:08 AM Post #21,622 of 31,833
Just buy the cable on Amazon and pay a bit more, if it doesn't work then return it easily

I have actually decided to use alliexpress as little as possible. You really have very little protection from them. I actually got my BL-03 through ebay cheaper than I could have gotten them through Alli. I just bought a cable through Linsoul to replace the one I bought at alli that was DOA. Some items seem only available through alli, but I would rather spend a few more bucks and say screw you.

Dec 11, 2019 at 11:12 AM Post #21,623 of 31,833
I think I posted this a while back without any responses but I'll try again. If I'm going chi-fi for a budget bang for buck kinda deal (50ish), what is the best isolation I can get? Doesn't have to be chifi, just at that price while still providing solid sound.

I find that the CCA C10 has good isolation, and the new TRN BA5 surprised me with how it hushed things.

Dec 11, 2019 at 2:46 PM Post #21,624 of 31,833
I have actually decided to use alliexpress as little as possible. You really have very little protection from them. I actually got my BL-03 through ebay cheaper than I could have gotten them through Alli. I just bought a cable through Linsoul to replace the one I bought at alli that was DOA. Some items seem only available through alli, but I would rather spend a few more bucks and say screw you.

yeah, I received my BLONs broken and fighting with these guys for a refund was a chore...
They acknowledged that one earphone was broken and were only willing to offer half of the refund because "sorry friend, only one side has no issue, we could not refund 2/3, only half price, and we could only refund you half price, and do you have paypal account?"
The made offers on chat, didn't change anything in the dispute etc etc.
The chat is kind of funny to read tho...

I will definitely never buy from AK Audio Store again...

Dec 11, 2019 at 3:09 PM Post #21,625 of 31,833
yeah, I received my BLONs broken and fighting with these guys for a refund was a chore...
They acknowledged that one earphone was broken and were only willing to offer half of the refund because "sorry friend, only one side has no issue, we could not refund 2/3, only half price, and we could only refund you half price, and do you have paypal account?"

You need to find someone that's deaf in the correct ear, then the BLON will work fine for them!
(My mom is deaf in one ear and only uses one earphone.)

Dec 11, 2019 at 3:31 PM Post #21,626 of 31,833
[QUOTE = "minion1990, post: 15356629, membre: 366919"] ouais, j'ai reçu mes BLON cassés et me battre avec ces gars pour un remboursement était une corvée ...
Ils ont reconnu qu'un écouteur était cassé et n'étaient prêts à offrir que la moitié du remboursement, car " désolé ami, un seul côté n'a pas de problème, nous n'avons pas pu rembourser les 2/3, seulement la moitié du prix, et nous ne pouvions vous rembourser que la moitié du prix, et avez-vous un compte paypal ? "
Les offres faites sur le chat n'ont rien changé au différend, etc., etc.
Le chat est assez drôle à lire ...

Je n'achèterai certainement plus jamais sur AK Audio Store ... [/ QUOTE]

J'ai un problème similaire avec le même vendeur. Ils m'ont demandé une vidéo, puis ils n'ont pas pu la voir ... J'attends leur réponse ce que vous me dites ne me rassure pas!

Dec 11, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #21,627 of 31,833

First off, nice profile pic.
Second, I also found some difficulties in contacting stores. Usually they respond with the annoying little smiley face which is blushing. I personally had a negative experience when Nice HCK Audio Store agreed to work together with me, then they told me to contact this very weird email address.. which was skeptical on its own. After I ask them to explain why I am contacting them, I just get the smiley face over and over.. and finally after I send an email, after a couple of days I got a reply. This reply was from someone trying to offer me to buy the Asus Cloud storage or something like that.
I found it extremely annoying, and other stores do the same thing. You ask, they give you the little smiley face as though they are flipping you off.

I mean I get it, I'm trying to communicate with a Chinese person.. but it's so damn difficult

Dec 11, 2019 at 3:43 PM Post #21,628 of 31,833

This is as bad as it gets IMO, they should either send you a replacement earpiece or refund you 100% IMHO because what can you do with an earphone that has only one side working?

Dec 11, 2019 at 3:52 PM Post #21,629 of 31,833
Yeah...
At first I proposed a full refund and then changed it to 2/3. It only got resolved after aliexpress stepped in and I had already changed it to 2/3. Maybe I would have gotten a full refund if I would have sticked to it.
I uploaded the chat because it's kind of funny. My "threats" are really cringy but I was hoping that they would really care about their public image and I was really pissed...
Never had a similar problem with gearbest for example. Sent a video and got a refund.

Here is the chat.
JnT29Fc.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back