CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Dec 10, 2019 at 1:01 PM Post #21,602 of 31,834
[QUOTE = "ShakeThoseCans, message: 15354479, membre: 518692"] Est-ce que je viens d'assister à la naissance d'un nouvel hypotrain? Ha ha, non sérieusement je suis sûr qu'ils sont agréables. Pourrait les récupérer s'ils ont été sérieusement réduits pour la vente actuelle sur AliExpress. [/ DEVIS]

C'est vrai qu'à leur prix actuel, les Blon sont un meilleur investissement

Dec 10, 2019 at 1:04 PM Post #21,603 of 31,834
[QUOTE = "HerrXRDS, post: 15354517, membre: 414696"] Pouvez-vous poster une courte comparaison avec le 03? J'adore les Blon's, si ceux-ci sont comme Blon avec un peu plus de clarté, un peu plus d'éclat dans les aigus et plus d'espace, nous avons un gagnant [/ QUOTE]

Vous venez de le décrire

Dec 10, 2019 at 2:19 PM Post #21,604 of 31,834
I don't want to join the hypetrain, but I guess it's too late. It sounds to me what you want is the Tinhifi T4. If you love your T2, the T4 is the direct successor intended to solve its deficiencies.

The T4 has more bass, I think it's very slightly v-shaped compared to the T2, but still mostly neutral. It claims 'up to 32 DB of isolation,' no doubt highly-dependent on fit.

It's on discount (code) on the TinHifi store on AliExpress right now. I got it for $74, using the code + store coupon. That's cheaper than most of the Indiegogo deals.

That being said, in my experience the CCA C10 was a relatively neutral / balanced IEM with good isolation. The C12 could serve you well. It's V-shaped, but not extreme, and doesn't lose mids. Vocals will be clear, maybe too elevated.

I have a BA5 on the way, but won't be able to post impressions for at least a month.
the main reason i wasn't looking at the T4 is right now i'm trying to keep my cost below 50 per pair.
i did snap decision order the BA5 last night tho, so we'll see how that goes, and if it isn't really to my liking i can take another look at the C10 and C12.

Dec 10, 2019 at 3:09 PM Post #21,605 of 31,834
i am waiting for that urbafun, if it is at the same level as BL03 or better will make a noise for sure, my balanced cables for them are here already

The cable that comes with it is very nice. I don't need to put balanced cables on everything. Some of my DAPS do not have balanced output. Some do. I am not going to change every cable. But if you are ready with one, why not?

Dec 10, 2019 at 3:16 PM Post #21,606 of 31,834
The cable that comes with it is very nice. I don't need to put balanced cables on everything. Some of my DAPS do not have balanced output. Some do. I am not going to change every cable. But if you are ready with one, why not?
i drive everything balanced because my dac has a weak single ended out, it is enough for those earphones but if i want to EQ them for fun i need headroom, with the balanced out i have that, with single ended out not so much

Dec 10, 2019 at 4:25 PM Post #21,607 of 31,834
I received the Faaeal Hibiscus cable today (ordered during 11.11).

As a standalone upgrade cable (for a non-Hibiscus earphone), it’s a nice cable. It’s not a $200 high end monster killer wonder cable, but it’s not bad at all. Personally though, I think the stock ibasso IT01 cable (which it has been compared to) is nicer.

The plug is good, and the 2-pin ends are nice. No strain relief on the y-split, but many upgrade cables don’t have any strain relief on the y-split. The ear guides are bent too extreme IMO, and curve all the way back into themselves (making a circle). The ear guides are soft and flexible though, which is comfortable. I removed my ear guides (as I do with most of my ear guides).

The Faaeal chin slider is useless, as it doesn’t even function as a real chin slider (it’s so loose it just falls down on its own). I actually removed mine, because I fear in the long term it will actually damage the cable due to the slider being very thin and sharp aluminum.

Other than that, the cable is roughly equivalent in build quality and resistance to the other upgrade cables in the same ~$16 price range. It’s definitely premium looking though; I’m sure people will ask you about it if you are out in public with your IEMs.

It’s resistance is around 0.4ohms. I actually expected it to be lower, but it’s still very respectable.

Now, from the standpoint of a stock cable that is included with a $60 IEM, it’s better than any stock cable I’ve personally seen in the price range. You will not get a better stock cable included with a $60-$100 IEM, with the exception of the $99 ibasso IT01. Very impressive to have a cable like this on a $60 earphone.

It’s only available in a 2-pin plug, but the source end is available in balanced and single ended.

There are definitely better upgrade cables out there at the same price (or only a few dollars more), but I’m glad I bought one to see what the hype is about.

3C973CD0-8066-46F3-B0D6-C719D151DDC3.jpeg

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2019 at 6:49 PM Post #21,609 of 31,834
I received the Faaeal Hibiscus cable today (ordered during 11.11).

As a standalone upgrade cable (for a non-Hibiscus earphone), it’s a nice cable. It’s not a $200 high end monster killer wonder cable, but it’s not bad at all. Personally though, I think the stock ibasso IT01 cable (which it has been compared to) is nicer.

The plug is good, and the 2-pin ends are nice. No strain relief on the y-split, but many upgrade cables don’t have any strain relief on the y-split. The ear guides are bent too extreme IMO, and curve all the way back into themselves (making a circle). The ear guides are soft and flexible though, which is comfortable. I removed my ear guides (as I do with most of my ear guides).

The Faaeal chin slider is useless, as it doesn’t even function as a real chin slider (it’s so loose it just falls down on its own). I actually removed mine, because I fear in the long term it will actually damage the cable due to the slider being very thin and sharp aluminum.

Other than that, the cable is roughly equivalent in build quality and resistance to the other upgrade cables in the same ~$16 price range. It’s definitely premium looking though; I’m sure people will ask you about it if you are out in public with your IEMs.

It’s resistance is around 0.4ohms. I actually expected it to be lower, but it’s still very respectable.

Now, from the standpoint of a stock cable that is included with a $60 IEM, it’s better than any stock cable I’ve personally seen in the price range. You will not get a better stock cable included with a $60-$100 IEM, with the exception of the $99 ibasso IT01. Very impressive to have a cable like this on a $60 earphone.

It’s only available in a 2-pin plug, but the source end is available in balanced and single ended.

There are definitely better upgrade cables out there at the same price (or only a few dollars more), but I’m glad I bought one to see what the hype is about.

NX7 pro comes with a choice of an upgrade cable (including balanced) for about under $100.

Dec 10, 2019 at 7:11 PM Post #21,610 of 31,834
NX7 pro comes with a choice of an upgrade cable (including balanced) for about under $100.

Sounds awesome, and good to know. Unfortunately, I've never personally seen the NX7 Pro, so I was only pulling from my own personal experience of earphones I've laid my own 2 eyes on :)

I forgot that the NX7 Pro includes a NiceHCK upgrade cable.

Dec 10, 2019 at 7:14 PM Post #21,611 of 31,834
So I got a bad cable from a vendor on allied express. They want me to show a video showing that it is dropping a signal from either a loose connection or a short. How do I show that in a video?

It's irritating that they make you do this. I think making people jump through PITA hoops is on purpose. I often wonder if they're hoping some people will just give up.

I had a bad cable from 11.11. No sound at all from the left side. Right side works fine.

I took a video showing the problem exactly like the seller asked, and sent it to them. Now they are saying they want more videos, showing other known good cables in the same video, with other headphones, and multiple sources. Basically, jumping through additional hoops.

I’m not Martin Scorsese. By the time I shoot, edit, and upload these videos, I have spent more of my personal time than the $15 cable is worth.

I may as well just solder on all new ends and fix the cable myself lol

Last edited:
Dec 10, 2019 at 7:23 PM Post #21,612 of 31,834
It's irritating that they make you do this. I think making people jump through PITA hoops is on purpose. I often wonder if they're hoping some people will just give up.

I had a bad cable from 11.11. No sound at all from the left side. Right side works fine.

I took a video showing the problem exactly like the seller asked, and sent it to them. Now they are saying they want more videos, showing other known good cables in the same video, with other headphones, and multiple sources. Basically, jumping through additional hoops.

By the time I shoot, edit, and upload these videos, I have spent more of my personal time than the $15 cable is worth.

Hahhaaha, if you can resolder them, you can save your time from all that buzz

Dec 10, 2019 at 7:37 PM Post #21,613 of 31,834

By the time I shoot, edit, and upload these videos, I have spent more of my personal time than the $15 cable is worth.

Just buy the cable on Amazon and pay a bit more, if it doesn't work then return it easily

Dec 10, 2019 at 7:44 PM Post #21,614 of 31,834
So I got a bad cable from a vendor on allied express. They want me to show a video showing that it is dropping a signal from either a loose connection or a short. How do I show that in a video?

The cable that came with my old Kanas Pro was with the polarity inverted and the seller asked a video as well. I've just recorded a continuity test with a multimeter showing the ground (sleeve) plug and the ground pin on the 2-Pin socket so the seller could see it was indeed inverted. After the video, the seller offered me an $8 coupon so I just did buy another cable on his store instead of sending it back.

The video might give you an idea:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back