CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 26, 2019 at 6:34 PM Post #20,491 of 31,833
I agree with that. I am really enjoying the V90 especially for electronic and classical music.
I agree, I'm really loving the TRN V90. They sound great. Detailed but smooth. Great for electronic music.

It's funny how subjective and individualized this hobby ultimately is though. Out of all my recent purchases I thought I would love the BLON BL-03 the most based on the hype and what I read about its sound, but it turns out that, while I do think it sounds very good for the most part, it's not my favorite. I think the V90 sounds better overall. And, surprisingly, I think the TFZ T2 Galaxy sounds better than both of them. That's really not what I expected at all. The TFZ T2 Galaxy sounds reeeaaally good. Shockingly good. It's probably now my favorite IEM at around $60 and under.

I truly thought it would be BLON BL-03 > TRN V90 > TFZ T2 Galaxy but it actually ended up being TFZ T2 Galaxy > TRN V90 > BLON BL-03 for me. Exactly opposite of what I expected. The BLON BL-03 just feels very aggressive to my ears. The nature of the bass is a bit too much and there's something in the upper mids or lower treble that's a little grating or shouty to me. It gets a little fatiguing for me after a while.

I'm honestly not trying to rain on anyone's parade or diminish their hype or excitement. I do think the BLON BL-03 are great and I can see how people with a little different ear anatomy and music preferences could absolutely love them.

But it reinforced in a very strong way a lesson I had already learned but started to forget, which is that no matter how much research you do you can never really know how an IEM (or any sound-producing device, for that matter) will sound to you until you try it yourself. So, out of that batch of new IEMs I was very pleasantly surprised how good the TFZ T2 Galaxy sounds, but all three are winners. I have some more IEMs coming on Monday so we'll see how those stack up.

Oct 26, 2019 at 6:45 PM Post #20,492 of 31,833
I agree, I'm really loving the TRN V90. They sound great. Detailed but smooth. Great for electronic music.

It's funny how subjective and individualized this hobby ultimately is though. Out of all my recent purchases I thought I would love the BLON BL-03 the most based on the hype and what I read about its sound, but it turns out that, while I do think it sounds very good for the most part, it's not my favorite. I think the V90 sounds better overall. And, surprisingly, I think the TFZ T2 Galaxy sounds better than both of them. That's really not what I expected at all. The TFZ T2 Galaxy sounds reeeaaally good. Shockingly good. It's probably now my favorite IEM at around $60 and under.

I truly thought it would be BLON BL-03 > TRN V90 > TFZ T2 Galaxy but it actually ended up being TFZ T2 Galaxy > TRN V90 > BLON BL-03 for me. Exactly opposite of what I expected. The BLON BL-03 just feels very aggressive to my ears. The nature of the bass is a bit too much and there's something in the upper mids or lower treble that's a little grating or shouty to me. It gets a little fatiguing for me after a while.

I'm honestly not trying to rain on anyone's parade or diminish their hype or excitement. I do think the BLON BL-03 are great and I can see how people with a little different ear anatomy and music preferences could absolutely love them.

But it reinforced in a very strong way a lesson I had already learned but started to forget, which is that no matter how much research you do you can never really know how an IEM (or any sound-producing device, for that matter) will sound to you until you try it yourself. So, out of that batch of new IEMs I was very pleasantly surprised how good the TFZ T2 Galaxy sounds, but all three are winners. I have some more IEMs coming on Monday so we'll see how those stack up.
I agree, TFZ T2 for the win

Oct 26, 2019 at 7:03 PM Post #20,493 of 31,833
I agree, TFZ T2 for the win

Heck yeah. This is my first TFZ IEM and they have really impressed me. I'm definitely going to be looking into their other stuff.

Probably one of the most satisfying purchases I've ever made. Not only do the earphones sound amazing, but the physical design and build quality is outstanding. They're truly beautiful. The cable, too, is fantastic. It's the best stock cable of any similarly priced IEMs I've tried. And the packaging and accessories are also a step above what you usually get in this price range.

Oct 26, 2019 at 8:19 PM Post #20,494 of 31,833
Oct 26, 2019 at 8:34 PM Post #20,495 of 31,833
How does the T2 Galaxy compare to something I might have, or say, the No 3?
I'm not great at describing differences and I don't have the no. 3. However, I do have the CNT-1, ZS10 Pro, Blon 03, and MH755 in common with you. It's a hard comparison in that I don't find them comparable with anything I have. They don't sound similar at all to any of those. They have a super wide sound stage with bass impact similar to the CNT-1 with mids/highs better than anything else I have to the point it may cause fatigue over a long period, something the CNT-1 doesn't have, which I like about it as well. I only listen to metal/edm with these particular IEM's because I find they excel at it. When I listen to tracks like Neverbloom by Make Them Suffer you can clearly pick apart everything going on in that song and this is the only headphone/iem i have that can do that, if that says anything. edit: the blon 03 sounds like a mushed blend of smashed ass on that track, for example. (lol)

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2019 at 1:19 AM Post #20,496 of 31,833
How does the T2 Galaxy compare to something I might have, or say, the No 3?

I asked this question previously at the dedicated TFZ thread - comparing TFZ No. 3 to T2 Galaxy (as i don't own the latter).
Their reply was T2 is more basshead and has a brighter and harsher upper mid/lower treble. I actually was quite interested in TFZ T2 as I'm a basshead but as i already found the No. 3 bordering on upper mid harshness, i decided to give it a miss.

Oct 27, 2019 at 5:37 AM Post #20,497 of 31,833

Yes, I find the BLON a little too heavy in the bass, mid bass especially. The V90 has a more extended treble as well. My other contender is the Tin T3, with the right tips it's treble is glorious and a decent bass can be obtained giving it the most balanced sound of any of my IEMs.

Oct 27, 2019 at 7:40 AM Post #20,498 of 31,833

Good for you. Great that you enjoy it. That’s always the main thing.
I have the T2 Galaxy but I feel the treble is a bit unrefined, artificial and tizzy. (Not as bad as some other chifi I’ve had mind).
Other than that, though, it’s a really good iem for the price. The bass hit is good and the soundstaging is very decent.
I prefer it the other way round with CNT-1 and 03 performing overall better. Don’t know about the V90...the TRN V80 I have is too tizzy in the treble too though.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2019 at 2:15 PM Post #20,499 of 31,833
anyone know anything about the RevoNext NEX202?

once I saw it, it seemed like a natural companion for my new ACMEE MF-01 DAP
the online reviews I've read so far don't seem to paint bad picture
seems like a match made in heaven

Annotation 2019-10-27 080503.png

acmee mf-01.jpg

Oct 27, 2019 at 3:20 PM Post #20,500 of 31,833
anyone know anything about the RevoNext NEX202?

once I saw it, it seemed like a natural companion for my new ACMEE MF-01 DAP
the online reviews I've read so far don't seem to paint bad picture
seems like a match made in heaven

The Acmee has an output impedance of nearly 40 ohms, so for a match made in heaven you'd want to pair it with a 300 ohms headphone or earbuds. Given the powerful specs (double 9V output) it should be able to drive it easily.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2019 at 3:32 PM Post #20,501 of 31,833
The Acmee has an output impedance of nearly 40 ohms, so for a match made in heaven you'd want to pair it with a 300 ohms headphone or earbuds. Given the powerful specs (double 9V output) it should be able to drive it easily.

Thanks
so it looks like a VE zen or better
I'll give that a try
Haven't found any cheap DAPs that can push the Zen cleanly
might have struck gold with this little guy

Oct 27, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #20,502 of 31,833

40ohms of output impedance?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back