CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 28, 2019 at 12:42 PM Post #20,521 of 31,833
BTW, guys, the sale prices for 11/11 are now showing up on AliExpress. So it might be a good time to start planning what you want to get.

Oct 28, 2019 at 12:52 PM Post #20,522 of 31,833
Normally I pay attention to all of that stuff. Now I'm using a shallower insertion and they sound excellent.

That is what I have done since the beginning with my Blon. Shallower but wide enough to still seal. The weight and shape of the shell keep them in place whether I wear them over ear or cable down. I kept wondering why people were complaining about the short nozzles (which I do not find all that short) when that type of shape does not usually need a long nozzle. Maybe I have just gotten too used to earbuds.

Oct 28, 2019 at 12:58 PM Post #20,523 of 31,833
BTW, guys, the sale prices for 11/11 are now showing up on AliExpress. So it might be a good time to start planning what you want to get.

Yup
I moved all mine over no REAL discounts $20-$40 max (I glad I didn't get the new FAAEAL Datura/Hibiscus earlier) but I'm torn between choosing either the DQSM Turandot or the Audiosense T800 which are around the same price and I guess TOTL choices by many here.

Recommendations and why?

Oct 28, 2019 at 1:42 PM Post #20,524 of 31,833
Not much discount so far for the KZ ZS7.
aw.png

Oct 28, 2019 at 4:22 PM Post #20,525 of 31,833
Pre-sale Faael Hibiscus and the Datura pro earbuds just got shipped!

Letsee what this Diamond-Like-Carbon does at its job.

The Faael Aliexpress Official Store shows a 11/11 sale. Too bad, I probably won't receive them before then to recommend or not.

The flagship earbuds with carbon nanotubes DQSM Turandot seem to have a good sale.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2019 at 4:28 PM Post #20,526 of 31,833
Have you heard every earphone that is under $100? :)

Well some days it sure seems like I have:scream: Now with that said I may be lucky if I own 1/3 you and the Panda's collection:rolling_eyes: @OopsWrongPlanet called a good one with the Queens and I'll soon be able to speak for the S2 Pro's but my personal favorite iem under $100 is KZ's BA10 of course I'm no bass hound so they give me all I need and more importantly all I want:grin:

Of course this hobby is so subjective and of course the main thing to remember is no two people IMHO really hear them just the same, I love the BA10 but for many it would be bass anemic (probably a lot) compared to ZS7/ZS10 Pro. I'm getting to the point I'm weeding out what I don't need cause I can't even justify a $20 iem if I never listen to it! Sad part is I have >$100 to <$200 iem's catching the same dust and down time:disappointed: Though not as unhealthy for me as a eating disorder it is unhealthy for my wallet and sure makes me question my intelligence:open_mouth: Maybe you should set up a pole with 100 sub $100 iem's on it and let Head-Fiers help you determine the best sub $100 based on votes, of course none will be the exact same but it could narrow ones search:thinking:

Oct 28, 2019 at 8:17 PM Post #20,529 of 31,833
Not much discount so far for the KZ ZS7.
aw.png

$30 is pretty cheap. With a $2 off coupon and a $2 off customer coupon its possible it can be had for $26ish. I really need to just order it, but have kind of sworn off hybrids and KZ family products. Have gone a year on KZ/CCA. Been doing good. HAHA.

Oct 28, 2019 at 9:32 PM Post #20,530 of 31,833
Yup
I moved all mine over no REAL discounts $20-$40 max (I glad I didn't get the new FAAEAL Datura/Hibiscus earlier) but I'm torn between choosing either the DQSM Turandot or the Audiosense T800 which are around the same price and I guess TOTL choices by many here.

Recommendations and why?

Haven't heard the Turandot, but some folks in the Audiosense thread say the T800 can hit 80 - 90% sound quality of a Campfire Andromeda. Can't say for sure, as I haven't heard the latter, but the T800 does blow my multi driver Westones out of the water, and at a cheaper pricing to boot.

We can discuss this further in the Audiosense thread as this is a sub $100 thread, but it's my endgame all BA set and now I'm only in the market for DD IEMs since getting the T800.
The T800 has great instrument separation, clarity, details, soundstage and isolation. U shaped, subbass extends very low and of good quantity (for a pure BA bass). It is a bit bright, so not the best option for treble sensitive folks, but the treble can be tamed with knowles filters, eartip changes or even cable change.

So planning out my 11/11 and seeing all the single dynamic iems that are out and trying to decide. There are actually quite a bit that intrique me.

SIMGOT MT3 Hi-Res $65

TONEKING 1Q $95

GT2 10mm DLC $67

BLON Cardinal/Bluejay 10mm CNT $69

FAAEL Hibiscus 10mm DLC $65

Nice, there's also an upcoming Fearless audio single DD, I think it's called "Stellar", supposedly retailing ~ 100 USDish. Also Tin HIFI T4 is a single DD, it has released on Linsoul page - info courtesy of @Cevisi .
Unfortunately (or fortunately), the BLON BL-03 has skewed my expectations for a single DD set in the area of price to performance ratio, so I'll be quite picky for future single DD purchases. But all these releases look tantalizing. I feel like someone who is supposed to be on a diet, but being thrust into an all you can eat buffet. =(

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2019 at 6:22 AM Post #20,534 of 31,833
So planning out my 11/11 and seeing all the single dynamic iems that are out and trying to decide. There are actually quite a bit that intrique me.

SIMGOT MT3 Hi-Res $65

TONEKING 1Q $95

GT2 10mm DLC $67

BLON Cardinal/Bluejay 10mm CNT $69

FAAEL Hibiscus 10mm DLC $65

Hibiscus and MT3 are intriguing for sure. Also, Blon BL01 in budget DD category is something I'm looking forward to as well.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2019 at 6:35 AM Post #20,535 of 31,833
the BLON B20 planars and BLON B8 berylliums were also great performance to cost finds in their categories
Personally I prefer using my BLON B8 headphones over my BLON B03 IEMs.
I don`t know if you have or have heard Fidelio X1 or X2 or modified HD-681... but how this BLON B8 compares in sound signature-wise? I really like my desk gear pairing with FidelioX1 but can`t use them at work due to open-back. They look nice and are closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back