CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 25, 2019 at 6:47 AM Post #20,462 of 31,833
I have these already, thanks. I was hoping for something even more compact, but maybe such a thing doesn't exist?

U can try some CHIFI IEM that has the very small shape of the westones/shures like the Audiosense T180, though it ain't exactly "dirt cheap".
But I would caution about sleeping long hours with an IEM in the ear. I had 2 pairs of IEMs in the past that died overnight at the cable insertion point into the IEM, probably cause I might have squashed it inadvertantly while sleeping on it. I'm thinking maybe a bluetooth/wireless set might prevent cable damage while sleeping.

There are some soft headphones/masks (some even with eye patches) that are meant for sleep, and they even play ocean waves or white noise too.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2019 at 6:57 AM Post #20,463 of 31,833
I'm looking through my collection and not really seeing anything obvious. The teardrop shaped Blon (03 not 01) and Semkarch maybe but it's all bigger than the Sony.

Oct 25, 2019 at 6:58 AM Post #20,464 of 31,833
The BLON-03 is really the surprise when it comes to audio. I really didn't think SQ like these is possible for such a low price. And these sound far better than IEM's at 20 x their price. Many here know I have had a lot of IEMs, but these BLON's have just satisfied my audio needs within minutes of wearing them. Their shape and fit reminds me of the Shure line-up, but with a shallow fit. Now I need to find a balanced cable for these.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2019 at 7:21 AM Post #20,465 of 31,833
The BLON-03 is really the surprise when it comes to audio. I really didn't think SQ like these is possible for such a low price. And these sound far better than IEM's at 20 x their price. Many here know I have had a lot of IEMs, but these BLON's have just satisfied my audio needs within minutes of wearing them. Their shape and fit reminds me of the Shure line-up, but with a shallow fit. Now I need to find a balanced cable for these.

Although fit is a minor issue, the JVC Spiral Dots Large tips have solved that problem. Purely from the enjoyment of music factor I use the Blon 03s 90% of the time. The Blon 03 is a high quality anomaly. Just a beautiful organic sound with the Spiral Dots. Only when I am out do I have to use a more securely fitting bud.

Oct 25, 2019 at 7:29 AM Post #20,466 of 31,833
Any recommendations for dirt cheap Chi-fi IEMs which are OK for wearing while sleeping? I.e., which fit snugly in the ear and don't project too far, so I could sleep on my side without them digging into my ears. Sound quality isn't actually that important, as I would be mainly playing sleep aid sounds (streams, ocean waves, white noise, etc). Not wanting these for regular use, but just for bad nights in noisy places.

@groucho69 has these and said they are good for nature sounds but meh for music. I have not tried them and do not need to but they are cheap. Might be worth a try for your needs.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000111846714.html

Personally though, if I try to lie on my side I need a bean shaped iem.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2019 at 9:39 AM Post #20,469 of 31,833
my blon bl03 arrived--my review will be posted on the blog shortly. in general, they are (as advertised) a very natural-sounding, well-tuned piece. they are suprisingly power-hungry and prone to distortion through weaker sources, but vg overall.

Oct 25, 2019 at 9:59 AM Post #20,470 of 31,833
I can 2nd my Blon-03 sit flush in my ear after you can get a fit.

Oct 25, 2019 at 1:05 PM Post #20,471 of 31,833
Any recommendations for dirt cheap Chi-fi IEMs which are OK for wearing while sleeping? I.e., which fit snugly in the ear and don't project too far, so I could sleep on my side without them digging into my ears. Sound quality isn't actually that important, as I would be mainly playing sleep aid sounds (streams, ocean waves, white noise, etc). Not wanting these for regular use, but just for bad nights in noisy places.

Not dirt cheap but on the inexpensive side, the BLON BL03 works for me.Since they are so low profile, and nicely rounded I have no issues. Maybe you have these already though?

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2019 at 1:09 PM Post #20,472 of 31,833
Ha, maybe I should have held off before ordering the ones recommended earlier, as I already have the Blons on order from AliExpress (and am eagerly awaiting their arrival). Didn't realise they were low profile like that. Ah well, maybe it'll be better to use the cheapies anyway, because of possible cable damage.

Oct 25, 2019 at 1:16 PM Post #20,473 of 31,833
Not dirt cheap but on the inexpensive side, the BLON BL03 works for me.Since they are so low profile, and nicely rounded I have no issues. Maybe you have these already though?
Ha, maybe I should have held off before ordering the ones recommended earlier, as I already have the Blons on order from AliExpress (and am eagerly awaiting their arrival). Didn't realise they were low profile like that. Ah well, maybe it'll be better to use the cheapies anyway, because of possible cable damage.

I would not use my Blon for that. I would definitely feel it in my ear if I was trying to sleep, and like you said, risk of cable damage. The Blon is far too nice to use for sleeping... in my opinion.

Oct 25, 2019 at 1:18 PM Post #20,474 of 31,833
Sony MH750/755. Very small IEMs that don't project beyond the ear when inserted. Sound rather good too as a happy bonus.

They are smallish but protude a bit at lest for me, not quite like my Tin T2s but way too much for them to be comfortable while lying on the side of my head. They also have some sharp edges that hurt my ears if I attempt to sleep with them on.

Has anyone measured Blon 03's nozzle diameter, looks small on the pictures I've seen, IEMs these days are comming with wider, like almost 6mm or so, nozzles and they simply don't fit my ears.

Oct 25, 2019 at 1:19 PM Post #20,475 of 31,833
my blon bl03 arrived--my review will be posted on the blog shortly. in general, they are (as advertised) a very natural-sounding, well-tuned piece. they are suprisingly power-hungry and prone to distortion through weaker sources, but vg overall.

Man you are speedy, I have my V90 review for the blog almost complete and was also going to do the BL03 next, just a quickie since there are already so many glowing reviews. I need to hand off my Spring 1's to you and will bring along some others and see if you are interested. We will be in touch next week.

On my reviews I try to snap a shot in my ear because it is always hard to judge, of course everyone has different sized ears. The short nozzle + one size up in regular eartip + low profile + rounded shape with no bulges surprising keeps a good seal when laying on my ear. I do at some point wake up and take them out,but my ear is never sore.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back