CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 13, 2019 at 4:01 PM Post #20,267 of 31,833
Ofcourse not, thats why asked what extra gear i would need.

There are a number of different ways.

Something like an ES100, FiiO BTR5, etc, and others would work if you want a high res Bluetooth adapter.

I don’t know if your S7 has USB-C, but there are USB-C DAC pigtail dongles that have balanced output.

You can also, of course, stack a headphone amp that has balanced output with your phone. FiiO Q1 Mark II

And then there’s DAPs like Hiby etc that you could simply control with your phone.

Basically, there’s a million ways you can do it. Just depends on budget, how portable you want, what specific features you require, how much battery life you want, etc.

Of course, you’d also need a compatible cable as you mentioned.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2019 at 6:00 PM Post #20,268 of 31,833
lol, thought i was gonna end up in A&E after a Spinft tip got lodged waaaay in my ear using the VE BIE... the nozzle really is awful. Had to get the tweezers out. (lucky it sounds so good or it would be in with the duds box).

Btw, recently tried the silicon clear tips from the Havi B3 Pro on the BQ3 and had amazing results. Took a good bit of the coldness the BQ3 has and warmed it up a good bit, really giving the low end a bit more weight. Those who love their bass will love this combo (still clear sounding). One of the best looking IEMs I have, simple and elegant.

IMG_20191013_224808.jpg IMG_20191013_224759.jpg

Oct 13, 2019 at 6:20 PM Post #20,269 of 31,833
Thank you! I was using Spiral Dots but I have switched to MH755 tips and have the best fit so far. Very pleased!

I have some MH755 tips lying around somewhere but I have yet to tried them on BL03, actually, I never used them even on MH755, blindly assuming that they cannot be of better quality than Columbia tips

Among those I have tried, I find spinfit very good match for BL03, though.

Oct 13, 2019 at 6:32 PM Post #20,270 of 31,833
I have some MH755 tips lying around somewhere but I have yet to tried them on BL03, actually, I never used them even on MH755, blindly assuming that they cannot be of better quality than Columbia tips

Glad to hear that... finally receiving the BL03 tomorrow and was wondering if the Spinfits would fit. Looking forward to hearing them, I'm always late to the party with the more dare i say hyped earphones. These seem to deserve the attention though... just got the VE BIE two days ago which currently have displaced the KXXS off my ears.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2019 at 6:42 PM Post #20,271 of 31,833
Glad to hear that... finally receiving the BL03 tomorrow and was wondering if the Spinfits would fit. Looking forward to hearing them, I'm always late to the party with the more dare i say hyped earphones. These seem to deserve the attention though... just got the VE BIE two days ago which currently have displaced the KXXS off my ears.
Oh, it's incredible, and not just value-wise

Oct 13, 2019 at 7:40 PM Post #20,272 of 31,833
Anyone willing to compare KZ ZSX ,CCA C12 and the Blon 03, especially in terms of soundstage?
Also, I have heard that the blon 03 could be worn downwards if L/R are switched. Anyone tried that? I'd bother with Slater-like mods (going into jewellery tools to heavy machinery) if thats the case...Its a big plus to have them wearing down. 9tails interests me for this added feat, but multiple BAs and DDs tempt me for their apparent seperation and details...I do not have anything like that besides the old ZS5.

I've just ordered the Blon 03 with some new tips and cables, and it's gonna be a long 2-3 weeks wait for em. I don't have a ZSX but I have been using the KZ ZS10 Pro as my daily iem. Supposedly they sound a lil worse but are pretty similar. I've been enjoying my ZS10 Pros and thought they were a very good buy & under appreciated for IEMs under 50 bucks, so I can't wait to see how they compare with the Blon 03.

Oct 13, 2019 at 8:38 PM Post #20,273 of 31,833

With great reluctance, I will be willing to take those terrible no-good awful MH755 tips off your hands.

Oct 13, 2019 at 9:34 PM Post #20,274 of 31,833

+1 to spinfits for the BLON.
YMMV of course as all of us have different ear anatomies, but I find that the longer nozzle spinfits provide a better fit for the short nozzled BLON.

I've just ordered the Blon 03 with some new tips and cables, and it's gonna be a long 2-3 weeks wait for em. I don't have a ZSX but I have been using the KZ ZS10 Pro as my daily iem. Supposedly they sound a lil worse but are pretty similar. I've been enjoying my ZS10 Pros and thought they were a very good buy & under appreciated for IEMs under 50 bucks, so I can't wait to see how they compare with the Blon 03.

ZS10 Pro and BLON BL-03 have different strengths and weaknesses.
The BLON BL-03 has excellent timbre, tonality, whereas the ZS10 Pro is better at details, clarity.
It really depends on what you look for in your music and the musical genres you listen to.

Oct 14, 2019 at 5:40 AM Post #20,276 of 31,833
Does anyone know where to get the mh755 tips in clear or white? I have orange already and really like them for my ears.

Also, I'm interested in putting together a DIY cable, but I am not sure how to search AliExpress for the Y split component. Does anyone know what keywords to use to search for a Y split? Thanks!

Oct 14, 2019 at 5:43 AM Post #20,277 of 31,833
Does anyone know where to get the mh755 tips in clear or white? I have orange already and really like them for my ears.

Also, I'm interested in putting together a DIY cable, but I am not sure how to search AliExpress for the Y split component. Does anyone know what keywords to use to search for a Y split? Thanks!

I had some transparent ones come with my genuine Sony MH750.

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2019 at 1:31 PM Post #20,278 of 31,833
With great reluctance, I will be willing to take those terrible no-good awful MH755 tips off your hands.

Your words made me earnest about trying them out on everything I have, lol

Oct 14, 2019 at 1:33 PM Post #20,279 of 31,833
Your words made me earnest about trying them out on everything I have, lol

They seem (after trying them on everything I have) to be pretty good on everything except the MH755...

Oct 14, 2019 at 2:41 PM Post #20,280 of 31,833
I just finish my little revie of MOONDROP SPACESHIP.

Its kinda a NO NO from me. You can find way better iem in sub-30$ price range nowadays.

Anyway, you can give it a read on headfi or my blog.

In other hand, i find the KBear KB06 not particularly bad...but again, so much better choice nowadays!!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back