CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Oct 15, 2019 at 9:21 PM Post #20,297 of 31,833
Gettin' my 80's on today with some sweet synthwave and the Blon BL-03:

Great album. I have a couple of his albums and have been meaning to buy his newest one. For anybody else giving a ish, you can download his stuff at https://dangermode.bandcamp.com/ Its all name your price so I believe you can put 0 and get it for free. Not sure cuz I always throw down a few bucks as a thank you.

Big into Outrun/Synthwave. Phenomenal Driving music LOL :)

Oct 16, 2019 at 1:57 AM Post #20,298 of 31,833
The BLON is definitely more coloured than the KXXS, so perhaps it's the same with the KPE. I listened to some Erasure with the BLON and those synths and electro notes were fab. Same with the more modern pop i tried. It's got a looser bass, but somehow can hit hard when it needs too. Woofer like even. I had been listening to the VE BIE so took a bit of adjustment with the BLON before i could really hear what it was capable of, very different signatures.

ALSO : As for the short nozzle, try SpinFits, if you see in my pics they definitely help. Just make sure it's a thin inner stem.

Agreed, rolled tips and settled with spinfits, still find the nozzle too short, but they replaced my kb100 as "carry everyday in backpack" as I find them superior in sound overall.

Put a black cable and painted the connector too, so they look okish like that imo

yMuMHQj.jpg

Oct 16, 2019 at 9:39 AM Post #20,300 of 31,833
I received my NiceHCK DB3 today, just spent 1 minute with them before going back to work, but I'm impressed! can't wait to go back home :D
Long time I did not enjoyed IEMs sound from this quality. For the price, it's just stunning.
They are currently burn-ing. I will make a full review of it soon :) (photos already taken)

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2019 at 1:59 PM Post #20,301 of 31,833
I received my NiceHCK DB3 today, just spent 1 minute with them before going back to work, but I'm impressed! can't wait to go back home :D
Long time I did not enjoyed IEMs sound from this quality. For the price, it's just stunning.
They are currently burn-ing. I will make a full review of it soon :) (photos already taken)

Wow, 'stunning' after one minute... that's possibly the quickest review I've ever heard :).

They are good value though.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2019 at 2:19 PM Post #20,302 of 31,833
Holy moly, that's an epic bargain! Nice job

Yeah, i put a max of £20 in... never thinking nobody else would bid lol. Had to laugh when I saw I won it at that price.

Knowing my luck I'll open the box and there'll be nothing but a photo of the earphones with a letter saying, "for 78p here's a picture of me wearing the TX601".

Oct 16, 2019 at 2:19 PM Post #20,303 of 31,833
i just made a comparison between **** and BL3
**** have a lot of air at the top, more than BL3, the mids on BL3 are fuller and more natural, bass have similar quantity, probably a tad more on BL3
the timber - not even close, BL3 is in a whole different level, a lot more natural from top to bottom, **** is still very enjoyable for me with instrumental music like Hans Zimmer and various electronic music though
the treble is a bit bright for me on ****, before it was spot on but now is at my limits

Oct 16, 2019 at 5:18 PM Post #20,304 of 31,833
i just made a comparison between **** and BL3
**** have a lot of air at the top, more than BL3, the mids on BL3 are fuller and more natural, bass have similar quantity, probably a tad more on BL3
the timber - not even close, BL3 is in a whole different level, a lot more natural from top to bottom, **** is still very enjoyable for me with instrumental music like Hans Zimmer and various electronic music though
the treble is a bit bright for me on ****, before it was spot on but now is at my limits

Had them both at hand so did the same out of curiosity and must say near enough agree with you entirely. Pretty close in note weight, I'd agree the BL3 is fuller but it's not by much. Bass I agree BL3 has tad more depth, slightly more musical too, **** bit faster decay which can make it a little cold for me, but still full enough. Vocals are very similar, BL3 having bit more emotion with that added colour. For me treble is nicely done on the ****, I personally prefer it compared to the BL3 and that bit more air gives it slightly better separation. Soundstage very very similar. But yes, BL3 the more natural sounding bottom to top and music just flows far better.

May do a comparison later with the BL3 and the Venture Elec BIE which I've only recently had and enjoy.

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2019 at 9:39 AM Post #20,305 of 31,833
Had them both at hand so did the same out of curiosity and must say near enough agree with you entirely. Pretty close in note weight, I'd agree the BL3 is fuller but it's not by much. Bass I agree BL3 has tad more depth, slightly more musical too, **** bit faster decay which can make it a little cold for me, but still full enough. Vocals are very similar, BL3 having bit more emotion with that added colour. For me treble is nicely done on the ****, I personally prefer it compared to the BL3 and that bit more air gives it slightly better separation. Soundstage very very similar. But yes, BL3 the more natural sounding bottom to top and music just flows far better.

May do a comparison later with the BL3 and the Venture Elec BIE which I've only recently had and enjoy.
What cable do you use with the **** ?

Oct 17, 2019 at 10:39 AM Post #20,306 of 31,833
What cable do you use with the **** ?
I used the Nicehck 8-core copper cable, but recently went back to stock cable. It's the newer kind - black and braided. It works fine, but is a bit tangly above the splitter.

Oct 17, 2019 at 10:58 AM Post #20,307 of 31,833
Having jumped between the two i can say they share a lot of similarities in overall sound. The BLON tho has a thicker, more pronounced low end, the KXXS slightly thinner overall due to a tiny bit more air and emphasis in the upper mids. in fact, the BLON is basically a thicker sounding KXXS. The KXXS does though bring out more detail, but not lots more, again due to better separation/air, this is where the BLON struggles a bit for me, little congested at times. KXXS has slightly bigger soundstage, more in width
I feel basically same with my KPE (modded) vs. BL-03

Sound of kpe is more balanced and precise. Mids are a bit more recessed tho, which makes the blon sound maybe more emotional on vocals at first. But can get a bit tiring too, say on jazz saxophone, which the kpe never becomes. I have a difficult jazz track which I use to gauge iems and the blon sounds bloated with bad instrument separation, slow decay etc. while the kpe handles it incredibly well. Blon otoh is a bit more fun with the bass of some hip-hop tracks with better sub extension.
Still a very promising company, if they could increase a bit the nozzle length, make a better shell and a good connector that'd be a serious contender for mid-range iems, but as they are, nope.
Ofc it's still a pretty good sound for cheap, too much bass imo but I used to like that.
Wouldn`t call KPE mids bit recessed, rather just "floating" but otherwise agree about KPE vs. BL-03. Bolded parts I agree 100%.

The BLON is definitely more coloured than the KXXS, so perhaps it's the same with the KPE.
Seems so.

Nevertheless, BL-03 has GREAT SQ vs. price value.
Will not post my full impressions and graphs before I get my VE BIE (landed, have to go and pick up from city) and do some "burn-in" (without listening).

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2019 at 2:51 PM Post #20,308 of 31,833
I used the Nicehck 8-core copper cable, but recently went back to stock cable. It's the newer kind - black and braided. It works fine, but is a bit tangly above the splitter.
Thanks and funny because I use the 2 same cables :wink: ... Depending on the DAP

Oct 17, 2019 at 3:12 PM Post #20,310 of 31,833
What's the most isolating chifi IEM in this segment, that still sounds good? Like some etymotics etc in terms of stopping outside noise as much as possible?

Typically, the most isolating IEMs that also sound good are going to be all-BA IEMs that are made with solid resin bodies. They generally have no vents on the shell, and the solid body dampens sounds from leaking out.

Some examples of what I’m referring to (although not necessarily in your budget) would be IEMs like Audiosense T800, Magaosi K3, Magaosi K5, and many others. There’s a reason such IEMs are used by performers as stage monitors, because they are so isolating.

A super budget earphone that has ridiculous isolation, and sounds good for the price is the KZ ZS4 and ZS3E. They are v shaped tuning, which may or may not be what you’re after. You just said “sounds good”, which could mean a lot of things...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back