CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
May 2, 2019 at 8:06 AM Post #17,656 of 31,833
Does anyone know any good eartips that decreases the high-mids (3Khz-5Khz), while perhaps also increasing the bass and upper treble?

Too many variables. Depends on how the tips fit you and interact with your ears and gear.

You have to experiment.

May 2, 2019 at 9:31 AM Post #17,657 of 31,833
How hard is it to drive the ****? Work well with just a cell phone?

Depends on your device. On my rooted device, I am able drive it with ease. For non rooted devices, have to ramp up the volume to 90%. If your device has enough juice, then it's not an issue.

May 2, 2019 at 9:38 AM Post #17,658 of 31,833
Have pulled a trigger on Bqeyz KB100. There's this fifth anniversary special offer on Penon Audio, they'll ship an extra cable as gift. So found a sweet deal for $50. My first ever IEMs from Bqeyz. Excited as they're touted as budget stars by the community.

May 2, 2019 at 9:56 AM Post #17,659 of 31,833
Have pulled a trigger on Bqeyz KB100. There's this fifth anniversary special offer on Penon Audio, they'll ship an extra cable as gift. So found a sweet deal for $50. My first ever IEMs from Bqeyz. Excited as they're touted as budget stars by the community.

The KB100 is excellent to my ears. Enjoy!

May 2, 2019 at 10:01 AM Post #17,660 of 31,833
We probably need to put together a swap meet sometime and trade/lend some of these so everybody gets a chance to hear them without spending a fortune. With the bloom in Chi-fi there are now more than any one person can reasonably afford.

Luck LZ audio store contact me for reviews ! No problem this last order :darthsmile:

May 2, 2019 at 10:02 AM Post #17,661 of 31,833
Picked up my R...n... QT5 from the post office this morning, took some time off and so far I like them quite a bit right out of the box. Someone else compared them to the KZ ZSN but to me they're a step up from the ZSN - slightly more dynamic, impulsive and 'musical', beautifully transparent and airy, more precise location and very good instrument separation even with crowded tracks. The stage appears a bit wider too, not as deep though. They're a bit heavy on the upper mids (brighter), more than my ZSN but not as much or piercing as e.g. un-modded KZ6. Before I forget, these puppies appear to be very well made, a little heavy, no aluminum here but rather some Zn alloy or brass (I'll check later).
Bottom line: 19 Eurons very well spent.

Edit: image added

IMG_20190502_160520-02.jpeg

Last edited:
May 2, 2019 at 2:58 PM Post #17,663 of 31,833
what are those green foam tips ?
Picked up my R...n... QT5 from the post office this morning, took some time off and so far I like them quite a bit right out of the box. Someone else compared them to the KZ ZSN but to me they're a step up from the ZSN - slightly more dynamic, impulsive and 'musical', beautifully transparent and airy, more precise location and very good instrument separation even with crowded tracks. The stage appears a bit wider too, not as deep though. They're a bit heavy on the upper mids (brighter), more than my ZSN but not as much or piercing as e.g. un-modded KZ6. Before I forget, these puppies appear to be very well made, a little heavy, no aluminum here but rather some Zn alloy or brass (I'll check later).
Bottom line: 19 Eurons very well spent.

Edit: image added

May 2, 2019 at 5:13 PM Post #17,666 of 31,833
May 2, 2019 at 5:16 PM Post #17,667 of 31,833
Where'd you get them? Those look awesome!
I already checked the link for my last reply but they're "not available anymore"?!
Anyway, here goes ...
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32964387741.html

but you could try your luck via AX app (no link):
XRHYY 8Pcs Replacement Earpads Eartips Earbuds Eargels for Powerbeats1 Powerbeats2 Powerbeats3 Beats Wireless Stereo Earphones

Hope that helps.

May 2, 2019 at 10:38 PM Post #17,669 of 31,833
Just to convey a short message for TRN. Those who intend to buy the X6 may want to take note that:

1. The X6 is best amp-driven due to its high impedance and low sensitivity.
2. Use balance connection if possible. It will sound much better.
3. TRN suggests using memory foam tips over silicone ones.
4. There are some feedback from Mainland China that the chin-slider on the new 6-core cable doesn't hold very well. TRN will make the necessary improvements in the next batch of cables.

Last edited:
May 3, 2019 at 12:28 AM Post #17,670 of 31,833
Just to convey a short message for TRN. Those who intend to buy the X6 may want to take note that:

1. The X6 is best amp-driven due to its high impedance and low sensitivity.
2. Use balance connection if possible. It will sound much better.
3. TRN suggests using memory foam tips over silicone ones.
4. There are some feedback from Mainland China that the chin-slider on the new 6-core cable doesn't hold very well. TRN will make the necessary improvements in the next batch of cables.

Is there a way to contact TRN directly? Did they have any website or official page (even in chinese). I'm really confuse about this sometime, no way to contact directly the company, should it be TRN, KZ etc. Consumers service is really what lack with chifi IMO. First batch quality issue is so ''cliché'' with chifi. TRN IM1 was an intense one.Now, must admit i'm less interested in those.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back