CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Mar 5, 2019 at 12:31 PM Post #16,666 of 31,833
Looking for something with the best noise-isolation possible under $30ish because I wanna use them on a bus which is loud. Don't care much about sound quality because I'll try to listen to them as quiet as possible on the bus and not at home so that's why I wanna keep it under budget. For sound signature, as long as it's bright and not bass-heavy then it's fine.

I have Einsear T2s, KZ EDR-1s, and Remax RM-610Ds (which sound really nice and are not bass heavy) but none of them have good noise isolation and the Einsear's also have a bigger nozzle which isn't good for my small ears. These three also all have a problem with the wire, it picks up microphonics which is annoying on a shaky bus.

Mar 5, 2019 at 1:34 PM Post #16,667 of 31,833
Looking for something with the best noise-isolation possible under $30ish because I wanna use them on a bus which is loud. Don't care much about sound quality because I'll try to listen to them as quiet as possible on the bus and not at home so that's why I wanna keep it under budget. For sound signature, as long as it's bright and not bass-heavy then it's fine.

I have Einsear T2s, KZ EDR-1s, and Remax RM-610Ds (which sound really nice and are not bass heavy) but none of them have good noise isolation and the Einsear's also have a bigger nozzle which isn't good for my small ears. These three also all have a problem with the wire, it picks up microphonics which is annoying on a shaky bus.

The Remax RM-600M is a small, Single Balanced Armature earphone, which sounds good (without too much Bass), and provides good isolation (when used with correctly fitted ear tips).
https://smile.amazon.com/Trend-REMAX-RM-600M-Moving-Earphone/dp/B01FWBADSK

Mar 5, 2019 at 2:54 PM Post #16,668 of 31,833

This may seem crazy in this topic but the truly wireless QCY QS1 come in really recommended. They block noise great and sound fantastic too. Balanced, fairly detailed and with a non-overpowering but still sweet bass.

Mar 5, 2019 at 3:22 PM Post #16,669 of 31,833
Unfortunately I need iems equipped with a 2-pin connector so I can use my Bluetooth module. :frowning2:

You could buy a decent set of 2-pin IEMs for cheaper than those adapters LOL

I mean, you’re using it with Bluetooth. It’s not like you need $1k Andromedas

Mar 5, 2019 at 4:44 PM Post #16,670 of 31,833
Hi! I own ZS6, BQ3, AS10 and C10 which I love most for it's deep sub bass and balanced signature. Now I'm thinking to try Auglamour F300. Would it be an upgrade over C10 for a basshead guy?

I believe ibasso IT01 would be a good upgrade since you are a basshead.

Edit: Sorry, I just realized that you may not be willing to spend $100. In that case, ignore my recommendation.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2019 at 4:49 PM Post #16,671 of 31,833
Neither of them are basshead.

What's your issue with BQ3? A little eq to rectify that sub bass roll off and they can get close to basshead territory.

Might possibly try KZ ES4. They are legit basshead. Can also take a dose of eq and amp to rattle. However they are legit good and under appreciated IMO. Nice warm smooth tonality, with enough bass to make trap, hip-hop, reggae, dancehall, fun. I currently use these as my active wear wireless earphones using the TRN BT20. Love them. Some gripes could be that 3k peak can get shout at high volumes. Eq it out if it's a bother. Doesn't really rear its head to me though. Especially with genres mentioned.

Agree! I keep going back to my ES4s often when I listen to downtempo & psybient trance music. The bass is strong & punchy on these and mids are not too bad as well unlike most other KZs at this price point.

Mar 5, 2019 at 4:58 PM Post #16,672 of 31,833
What's your issue with BQ3?

My BQ3s are either defective, out of phase or something else is wrong with drivers. They sound weird and why listening to frequency response test either left or right iem is louder depending on the frequency range. Definitely BQEYZ QC needs improvement.

Atm C10 is my favorite chi-fi.

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2019 at 7:02 PM Post #16,675 of 31,833
My BQ3s are either defective, out of phase or something else is wrong with drivers. They sound weird and why listening to frequency response test either left or right iem is louder depending on the frequency range. Definitely BQEYZ QC needs improvement.

Atm C10 is my favorite chi-fi.

C10 is pretty Dope! Its just a nice balanced, clean sounding, do everything IEM.

Shame about the BQ3. Whats the postage to Estonia from where you are? Maybe @CoiL could fix em for you? LOL. Maybe you could open them up and try yourself. I have been wondering what kind of BA they are using in their IEMS. That treble is definite step up from KZ/CCA.

Mar 5, 2019 at 7:32 PM Post #16,677 of 31,833
My exhaustive review of the ****

CpUtwR5.jpg
CiSo2I6.jpg

TL;dr
Negative 5 out of 5 stars, would crush in a vice again

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2019 at 8:08 PM Post #16,679 of 31,833
My exhaustive review of the ****

Negative 5 out of 5 stars, would crush in a vice again

Mind if u can share why they are so bad?

Edit: Saw ur post history and u mentioned the reason.

But have u tried tip rolling? I noticed the stock eartips was on which i didnt tried. That might be the reason as the tips are a moldy mess lol.

Either way u could have kept the drivers for future use xD just my opinion

Last edited:
Mar 5, 2019 at 8:18 PM Post #16,680 of 31,833
Mind if u can share why they are so bad?

The **** sounds like everything is being filtered through a pair of socks. I tried different tips, I tried a different cable, god help me I even tried burn-in. Nothing helped.

Good build quality, though. They took a remarkable amount of force to crush in the vice so I guess that's a positive.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back