CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Feb 12, 2019 at 6:17 AM Post #16,141 of 31,833
Finished my fast-mod (fastest mod I have ever done!) on MH755 drivers + ZS4 shells.... going to fine tune them now. These are going to be budget audio beasts! ;P

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2019 at 6:33 AM Post #16,142 of 31,833
Finished my fast-mod (fastest mod I have ever done!) on MH755 drivers + ZS4 shells.... going to fine tune them now. These are going to be budget audio beasts! ;P

Nice job CoiL!

You keep the BA, or remove it?

The ZS4’s stock Kevlar driver isn’t all that bad, especially it’s bass. You gonna use it in something else, or toss it?

Feb 12, 2019 at 7:22 AM Post #16,143 of 31,833
Nice job CoiL!
You keep the BA, or remove it?
The ZS4’s stock Kevlar driver isn’t all that bad, especially it’s bass. You gonna use it in something else, or toss it?
MH755 driver doesn`t need additional "brightness" from BA, rather opposite - filtering by right amount. So, no, I didn`t keep ZS4 BA (it`s pretty crap anyway).
What I`m suprised about it how good ZS4 nozzles act with MH755 drivers (I guess it`s because of junction-shape). I already like it more as stock MH755.
But since I`m quite sensitive to highs, must tame them littlebit. Anyway, the "veil" has been lifted from original sound and pretty amazing details, clarity and soundstage along with good mids for such low-cost driver.
IMHO, modding it into ZS4 is much more reasonable than doing mmcx mod to original shells (mmcx is not good anyway for longer and harder use).

Edit: I`m blown away by these drivers atm.... if I get it tuned right it might be something between IT01 modded and Kanas Pro. What it all costs? Mind blowing! O_o

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2019 at 9:09 AM Post #16,144 of 31,833
Where does an RE0 and RE00 lover turn for a juuuuuust slightly warmer/HE560 like sound around 100$ nowadays?

I've been out of this game for a long time, I'm seeing a lot of Chi-Fi talk but I don't even remember the market existing to the extent it does now. I see the T3 on MD, the AS10 get recommendations.... but:

I still have my RE00 and I'm not confident any of them are an "upgrade" really.

I was an avid RE0 user for years, until the housing finally gave up on me. The best upgrade from them, to my ears, was the Vsonic GR07 CCE. I enjoyed the hell out of that one, but it died on me after a few years as well. The cable inside the housing broke. Looking for a replacement and taking into regard my love for the RE0 and GR07, I bought a few ch-fi IEMs (KZ ZS5, AS10, Ilker I8, Tin Audio T2 (not the Pro), Havi B3 Pro, TRN V80, Xiaomi Pistons, Sony MH1C and ended up using the Tin Audio T2 as my daily driver. It gave me the treble detail I was used to and actually increased separation, which was a nice bonus. I lost some of the very natural bass that I got from the GR07, though.

So, in conclusion, I suggest the Vsonic GR07 or Tin Audio T2. :) These are just my own experiences, though. I see other people recommending the ATH-IM02 or iBasso IT01 as logical upgrades from the RE0, for example.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2019 at 10:05 AM Post #16,145 of 31,833
Okay, so I received those Tiandirenhe IEMs this afternoon, which were previously spotted by @Slater and here are brief initial impressions: Sound signature is warm and bassy (bass is deep and decay is somewhat slow, remember Whizzer A15?). Emphasized bass without a second thought but treble is not elevated, its pretty cohesive and have some really good resolution (but lacks the sparkle like BA drivers). Soundstage is average and doesn't have much depth but instrument separation is decent. Overall tuning reminds me of Opera Factory OM1. Will add further impressions after some burn-in. IMG_20190212_125831.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20190212_125957.jpg
    IMG_20190212_125957.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20190212_125839.jpg
    IMG_20190212_125839.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Feb 12, 2019 at 11:25 AM Post #16,148 of 31,833
Okay, so I received those Tiandirenhe IEMs this afternoon, which were previously spotted by @Slater and here are brief initial impressions: Sound signature is warm and bassy (bass is deep and decay is somewhat slow, remember Whizzer A15?). Emphasized bass without a second thought but treble is not elevated, its pretty cohesive and have some really good resolution (but lacks the sparkle like BA drivers). Soundstage is average and doesn't have much depth but instrument separation is decent. Overall tuning reminds me of Opera Factory OM1. Will add further impressions after some burn-in.

Do they indeed have driver vents, going from the back of the driver to the open atmosphere?

Feb 12, 2019 at 11:39 AM Post #16,149 of 31,833
So, in conclusion, I suggest the Vsonic GR07 or Tin Audio T2. :) These are just my own experiences, though. I see other people recommending the ATH-IM02 or iBasso IT01 as logical upgrades from the RE0, for example.

Do you think the AS10 is anywhere close? I ordered it on Amazon Prime, figured I could return them, before buying something off massdrop. I was really hoping for something slightly less fatiguing on the high end but with good detail still. I guess lower volume detail would explain it haha, something a little warmer. Low end I like accuracy buy not demanding of boominess.

Feb 12, 2019 at 12:10 PM Post #16,151 of 31,833
Do you think the AS10 is anywhere close? I ordered it on Amazon Prime, figured I could return them, before buying something off massdrop. I was really hoping for something slightly less fatiguing on the high end but with good detail still. I guess lower volume detail would explain it haha, something a little warmer. Low end I like accuracy buy not demanding of boominess.
I have AS10 and surprisingly it's less brighter in nature, instead the vocals sound slightly pushed back. Bass is really impressive for a BA driver and gives a feeling of somewhat U-shaped sonic tuning (For me, these sound darker too as compared to ZS5, ZS6 and ZS10, but thankfully there are no ear piercing highs). I will pick AS10 over those 3 I mentioned without a second thought though.

Feb 12, 2019 at 12:12 PM Post #16,152 of 31,833
Yeah they do have the vents, same as you described; the pinhole vents and I guess that's the reason the soundstage isn't much impressive but is rather shallow?

There could be a couple of reasons for that. But the reasons mainly boil down to 1. tuning the sound in front of the driver and 2. tuning the air behind the driver.

Feb 12, 2019 at 12:23 PM Post #16,155 of 31,833
I have AS10 and surprisingly it's less brighter in nature, instead the vocals sound slightly pushed back. Bass is really impressive for a BA driver and gives a feeling of somewhat U-shaped sonic tuning (For me, these sound darker too as compared to ZS5, ZS6 and ZS10, but thankfully there are no ear piercing highs). I will pick AS10 over those 3 I mentioned without a second thought though.
@Mdraluck23 second what hercules said though i dont have the GR07. However i still have to say the Tinaudio T2's trebles are on a whole different level on its own, the clarity is still something i am looking for in an IEM, too bad they are at the cost of isolation. The bass itself is sufficient for me, and did i say they hard to wear? (huge, huge problem)

AS10 has absolutely good seal, however i find their bass bleeds to their mids sometimes and muddy at times (especially so if u use the KZ silver/copper hybrid replacement cable). I am still an advocate for the AS10 as i find them very comfortable, probably the best seal i have, good bass, mids and trebles, not fatigue-ing. All is good, though at a cheaper price u can get the C10 which trumps in in every way except the seal and comfort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back